Orks Index

TrawlingCleaner

10 minutes ago, Madao said:

What is Dead choppy in Deff dread klaw?

image.png.54a6e1efa82375f13ffcb99eb84c5f37.png

It's this special rule – some rare weapons have additional ones. In short, the Deff Dread gets more attacks if you have more klaws.

Love the rules for the Deff Dread in general; and while I imagine it'll be far from optimal, it'll be lots of fun to use some of the Waaagh! Tribe strategems like Careen.

Edited by apologist

23 minutes ago, Metzombie said:

Right under the Klaws profile

I am blind...

But I really like the Snikrot rule. Teleporting a squad of kommandos and a quite potent melee character is really nice.

And running 10 nobs with the banner bearer seems as a nice way of actually delivering them to battle

1 hour ago, Madao said:

But I really like the Snikrot rule. Teleporting a squad of kommandos and a quite potent melee character is really nice.

And then the Kommandos with him slap the enemy unit with a Bomb Squig, charge and cannot be overwatched against! <3

Flash gits are 5+ :confused:…. But that heavy rule means if they don’t move it’s 4+ … right ?!?… 

overall pretty happy , Orks are quite an effective blunt instrument still :laugh:

@Azaiel yes definitely!!!more Meganobz required!!!

Edited by Mumeishi

TWIN LINKED has replaced double weapons all over the place. I'm not sure how I feel about giving up a higher volume of attacks/shots in exchange for re-rolling wounds. There was a certain comfort in rolling a bucket of dice, no matter how the math works out.

26 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

I was thinking the boss on big squig looks pretty decent, but then no units to join or lone operative, so maybe not:ermm:

Yeah, it feels like he should have Lone Operative. He also has the rare old-school character aura. Then the regular mek boy can be attacked to a ton of different units, but also counts as a long operative when he's within 3 inches of a vehicle for some reason.

I think Kommanos with Snikrot looks fun, and slotting to leaders onto a unit of Boyz could have some interesting combinations or auras. Though honestly, putting a Warboss into a group of boyz doesn't seem like it's really worth it. A Big Mek with Forcefield and a Painboy would be a better combo as it gives more defense, buffs to shooting, and the once-per-battle return of some boyz.

Also interesting is that while a lot of things seem to have gone away from WYSIWYG the tankbustas are now hardcore locked to the finecast kit. 2 Bomb Squigs, 2 Rokkit Launchas, 1 Rokkit Pistols, 1 Tankhammer, and the Nob with Rokkit Launcha.

Capping the unit to five (from 15) sucks, because it's not like their accuracy got any better. I'm really hoping this is hinting at a new plastic kit coming for them, maybe with revised rules in time for the codex to come out next year.

The Dakkajet fully kitted has 18 shots at half range, automatically doubles all successful hits, and gets to re-roll wounds from twin-linked.  That's pretty darn shooty. Glad it will get to keep blazing away!

Edited by Dark Legionnare

55 minutes ago, Dark Legionnare said:

The Dakkajet fully kitted has 18 shots at half range, automatically doubles all successful hits, and gets to re-roll wounds from twin-linked.  That's pretty darn shooty. Glad it will get to keep blazing away!

5+ to crit hit with sustained hits 1 is equivalent to a 3+ to hit on average. Someone snuck some green marines into those Dakkajets

Is Careen! the worst strat we've seen so far? You can only use it if a vehicle with Deadly Demise actually explodes, so there's a 1/6 chance you'll even be able use it each time such a unit is destroyed. Potentially nice to have when it goes off, sure, but since you only get 6 strats per faction now I'm really surprised this made the cut over something more reliable.

Careen is fine for now, if that's the worst strat we have then I think I'll be fine till Codex time, I see it as an Emergency Saving strat - your vehicle is destroyed and is going to blow up (most likely in amongst your army if your opponent has been awake and using some semblance of tactics :sweat:) so why not spend that 1 CP to send it over closer to their forces to force them to roll for damage... It's not a gamble Strat you are guaranteed it will net you something if you use it.

I'm actually looking Forward to finishing off some units and having some test games of 10th very soon. 

M.  

++EDIT++ Can't speak for others but i'm quite happy only having to memorize 6 stratagems, plus you'll get a feel for how and when to use them, they seem like some will get a lot of use :laugh:

Edited by Mumeishi

19 minutes ago, Mumeishi said:

It's not a gamble Strat you are guaranteed it will net you something if you use it.

I wouldn't call it a "gamble strat." When I said it was unreliable, I meant that you're not guaranteed to be able to use it in a game because you have to roll a 6 for Deadly Demise. I'd also argue that you're not 'guaranteed' to get anything out of it. It's entirely possible that your wagon or your trukk or whatever gets destroyed after whatever it was carrying (which was probably much more dangerous) gets killed, and there aren't any additional enemy units close enough to tag with the explosion even if you move it. Even then, the damage is random, so you might even end up in a situation where you've spent 1CP to avoid 1MW.

Edited by Lucius_The_Temporary