Orks Index

TrawlingCleaner

Looking good and interesting overall, however, I still don't entirely like the Waaagh-ability. Having some bonus for one battle round seems to be bad compared to other faction that again bonuses for the entire game.

The Nob with Waaagh banner seems to be a serious consideration now.

6 hours ago, Brattak said:

Looking good and interesting overall, however, I still don't entirely like the Waaagh-ability. Having some bonus for one battle round seems to be bad compared to other faction that again bonuses for the entire game.

The Nob with Waaagh banner seems to be a serious consideration now.

If played right, WAAAGH!!! is going to be incredibly powerful for that single turn, but with other players knowing that, setting up a really good turn for it is going to be difficult. And since we lost 'Ere We Go to a strat and ramshackle is gone, I feel like overall we lost a bit of power. I really wish they'd at least kept it at least as a two-round with diminishing returns thing like in 9th. Maybe its better than we think, or once it starts being seen in tournaments we will see a revision of it like we did in 9th.

Overall, I feel pretty optimistic about my boyz this edition. 

6 hours ago, Triszin said:

Skragbad doesn't have lone operative.

And can't join squig hogs.

:(

I guess that Means he's a bullet magnet and of not much use... Lets hope he gets FAQ'd ... 

M. 

11 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

I guess that Means he's a bullet magnet and of not much use... Lets hope he gets FAQ'd ... 

M. 

I would not count on it, he has the monster keyword, like the Beastboss on Squig and that one can't join a unit either.

Surprisingly Ghaz lost the Monster-Keyword and can join a mob of Meganobz.

As you mentioned, this is most likely the death sentenc EOF the Beastboss on Squig as well as Scragbad, which is sad. I didn't even have time to use mine in a battle.

Played a game with Skragbad yesterday, and T10 with a 4++ and a 4+ FNP meant he was able to tank through a lot. And despite his size, as a single model, he isn't hard to hide, and has the movement to pop out of hiding.

Don't write him off yet.

38 minutes ago, toaae said:

Played a game with Skragbad yesterday, and T10 with a 4++ and a 4+ FNP meant he was able to tank through a lot. And despite his size, as a single model, he isn't hard to hide, and has the movement to pop out of hiding.

Don't write him off yet.

Yeah, T10 is really durable in this edition unless they are firing anti-monster stuff at him. Plus he has that FNP 4+ and the inv 4+ enough dedicated fire is still going to take him down, but its going to take alot of dedicated fire, and if he gets into melee range he will shred things. Especially if its a monster or vehicle unit. 

Ok my bad, didn't realise T10... :blush: I think I have to start a process of "NEW Edition" thinking, weapons have changed in power etc and other things too.

I better build some more obscuring terrain for my mates then :laugh:...  here guys i made this to help out Skragbad errr i  mean your gaming enjoyment of having nice terrain on the table...cough* Skragbad cough*... 

My only Gripe with 10th is I had a unit of Nobs done up to be "Deff Wotch" but now I have to remove  and change about 5 arms.... could be worse I guess... :tongue:

20 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

Ok my bad, didn't realise T10... :blush: I think I have to start a process of "NEW Edition" thinking, weapons have changed in power etc and other things too.

I better build some more obscuring terrain for my mates then :laugh:...  here guys i made this to help out Skragbad errr i  mean your gaming enjoyment of having nice terrain on the table...cough* Skragbad cough*... 

My only Gripe with 10th is I had a unit of Nobs done up to be "Deff Wotch" but now I have to remove  and change about 5 arms.... could be worse I guess... :tongue:

I don't play tournaments so I've never really worried about WYSIWYG, but I can see how for alot of people who do care about that this edition has to be a little maddening with how it changed the loadouts for so many things and changed restirctions and allowances. Though I will say the changes to the Tankbustas really annoy me because having 1 guy in your 5 man unit who is useless unless you get into melee with a tank is silly. Sort of hoping we get a set of plastic tankbustas this edition, but not holding my breath.

3 hours ago, tentagil said:

I don't play tournaments so I've never really worried about WYSIWYG, but I can see how for alot of people who do care about that this edition has to be a little maddening with how it changed the loadouts for so many things and changed restirctions and allowances. Though I will say the changes to the Tankbustas really annoy me because having 1 guy in your 5 man unit who is useless unless you get into melee with a tank is silly. Sort of hoping we get a set of plastic tankbustas this edition, but not holding my breath.

Agreed, I was Building a Unit of Tankbustas from spare Boyz Rokkits and other bits here n there..scrap that idea for now :confused: i guess we can only hope for a plastic release for them, although I'd never use the Tank hammer boy or even the rokkit pistols boy for that matter... 

My mate wants to play the Combat Patrol formations now they've dropped... better go finish my Deff Dread :wink: ...

1 hour ago, Dark Legionnare said:

Looks like the warboss on bike, among other nice things, is in the field manual points which means "not legends" as far as I can tell from wording.  Big-chungus-but-also-fast is still on the menu, along with nob biker friends it seems!

Interesting, because they specifically said he was going legends just a few weeks ago, and his model is no longer available. Sounds like the normal communication issues between the main GW and the Forgeworld team are striking again. Curious about what his rules are going to look like, and if he can actually lead anyone other then the Biker Nobz, who with their price increase may not be worth taking.

22 minutes ago, tentagil said:

Interesting, because they specifically said he was going legends just a few weeks ago, and his model is no longer available. Sounds like the normal communication issues between the main GW and the Forgeworld team are striking again. Curious about what his rules are going to look like, and if he can actually lead anyone other then the Biker Nobz, who with their price increase may not be worth taking.

They've never been known to 'stick to their guns'.  One hand not knowing the other indeed, haha.

You would ASSUME he can join nob bikes or warbikers, and certainly hope as such since the nobz cap out at 3 bikes...

Ork Forgeworld Index is up.

Mega and Meka Dread both look like they are gonna be tough as nails and fun to run. Though based on their points they are pricy. Meka-Dread being able to repair/boost one vehicle per turn is interesting. 

Warboss on Bike is in there and mostly looks like a melee-focused Wartrike with fewer wounds and less OC. He is a leader, but they forgot to list what we can lead. I think we can safely assume Biker Nobz and Warbikers will be what's on the list once they get that updated.

1 minute ago, tentagil said:

Ork Forgeworld Index is up.

Mega and Meka Dread both look like they are gonna be tough as nails and fun to run. Though based on their points they are pricy. Meka-Dread being able to repair/boost one vehicle per turn is interesting. 

Warboss on Bike is in there and mostly looks like a melee-focused Wartrike with fewer wounds and less OC. He is a leader, but they forgot to list what we can lead. I think we can safely assume Biker Nobz and Warbikers will be what's on the list once they get that updated.

He has an "when he's leading a unit, do X" ability, so yeah, in agreement.  GW proofreading blunder per norm, but intention is clearly there.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

• 3 weeks later...