=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 3 Predators for 3? pts for the Glory of the Warmaster and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

large.20230818_192544.jpg.5663f10cdd5217360c0ebe48d4a0cbb2.jpg

While I wait for a new Libby body more baby tanks :P

@Grotsmasha 1 Point each?

11 hours ago, crimsondave said:

Cultists done.  I threw in a few 3d printed gangers and converted fantasy cultists to avoid so many duplicates.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0177.thumb.jpeg.b519f8cdaef5a9ca3b0ff843330703dd.jpeg

I totally understand the duplicate issue. I use a smattering of different models, ordinary cultists. some GSC, and IG, Necromunda (Cawdor, and Ash wastes Nomads), old whf flagellants, and even some Malifaux stuff.

Cpt.Danjou

Obsidius Mallex, lord of the Servants of the Abyss, is complete. :biggrin:

This also marks the completion of all the hostiles from Blackstone Fortress. I'll be moving over to the Imperium thread now to finish the explorers.

IMG_20230820_162448~2.jpg

IMG_20230820_162609~2.jpg

Edited by Cactus

Got a little bit of work done on the Tyrant, but started moving my office/paint area stuff to the basement to free up the room for the new baby that's on the way in a couple months

Hoping to get everything settled/set up by midweek, but we'll see

Here he is as of now

Spoiler

20230812_234303.jpg

Edited by Boc

On 8/18/2023 at 7:34 PM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 3 Predators for 3? pts for the Glory of the Warmaster and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

large.20230818_192544.jpg.5663f10cdd5217360c0ebe48d4a0cbb2.jpg

While I wait for a new Libby body more baby tanks :P

@Grotsmasha 1 Point each?

3 Baby Tonks complete.

So gonna say 3 pts until Grot tells me different :).

20230820_190105.jpg

29 minutes ago, Muskie said:

Things haven't been going great, but a got up and put in several hours of painting. I wish I had more to show for the effort, but I just don't have a lot of confidence in my green recipe anymore or my eyesight. 

Keep up the work frater. I like what I'm seeing! 

Well, its the end of the weekend for me, which means it is time to report in and to recap.

Finally got back on my personal painting wagon and finished painting the first of possessed kitbashes.  Pretty happy with it.

iCr5TO3.jpg

Don't normally show the backs of my models, but it gives neat picture of how the marine and goat bits go together.

n4laikB.jpg

September is going to be a busy month at work, so I need to get to it now if I'm to get my vow done in time.

And now for the weekly recap!

@spiros14 - Thanks, I'm glad I can help you keep motivated.  Your legionaires look great - its amazing how quickly you can crank out such excellent minis.  Your walls are great too.

@Brother Argent - Good to see you've make it over!  I look forward to seeing what you do with your warpsmith and his beasty friend.

@gaurdian31 - Your legionaires are great!  Such a unique and effective colour scheme.

@Tallarn Commander - Wow, your last vow is a real escallation - and such great conversions.  They'll look great in Night Lords blue and good to see you getting a start on them.

@Cpt.Danjou - Your free hand stripes are great - rather than thinking that your tape came just too late, instead think that the tape would never had come if you hadn't decided to go without it first. :teehee:  You should be really happy how they have come out.

@renegadeguard - Good to hear your mutantchans are on their way - looking forward to them!

@sitnam - I can understand life getting in the way - good luck on powering through it, and I eagerly await to see your models as they get finished.

@crimsondave - Those black legionaires (transferless or not) have come out fantastically!  Great job!  Your cultists are great too - which of your chaos armies are these belong to?

@Stef Coudou - Those are beautiful models, but to participate in this event you need to vow some unpainted models, paint them, then show your completed models.  As for these models and others you may have completed earlier, you should start your own threads in the appropriate chaos subforums and post them (and any others you may have) there- the folks there would love to see them!  As well, if you have some unpainted (they can be primed) chaos minis that you think you can finish by September 30, please do join in and vow them.

@Brother Captain Arkley - Your little tanks are excellent - especially the predators, they are so cute!!!

@Cactus - Your hammer lord turned out nicely.  And I would think twice about deserting over to the corpse emperor's forums - the one things the traitor legions will never forgive is a traitor! :teehee:  More seriously, good luck with painting the rest of your Black Fortress crew.

@Boc -Great start on your Tyrant.

@Muskie - You shouldn't be so self conscious about your painting - your plague marines look great!

A bunch we haven't heard from this week - @legoman,@Valkia the Bloody@Metzombie@Celtic_cauldron,  @Trixie, and @Teetengee - we are in the bottom stretch here, so let us know how you are doing!  

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

2 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

@spiros14 - Thanks, I'm glad I can help you keep motivated.  Your legionaires look great - its amazing how quickly you can crank out such excellent minis.  Your walls are great too.

Thank you, half of the work comes from a simple use of contrast paints, and a few base paints that are washed with the same wash of Agrax Earthshade. The rest is just highlighting.

I'm making some progress on my Havocs. At this stage I add my yellow panels for the hazard stripes, then begin highlighting. Afterwards I fully paint things like the leather, glowing eyes, and faces.

large.TeamAWIP.jpg.9e84d4b81cc504804e2f246be4c57e1e.jpg

I aim on getting these three done by the end of the week. Then I have that predator to deal with :happy:

Dark Apostle and the Dark Disciples are done:

Spoiler

large.DarkApostleandCrew.jpg.c6692903933

With that my first vow is complete. Got some building to do before the next vow. Want to bring these guys up to 1000 pts and I have a list I should be able to do that with and be happy with so I just need to build the models.

@Dr_Ruminahui

To be honest, I’m being lazy and painting the cultists to be usable for either BL or IWs.  I strongly prefer IWs but I got carried away with discount boxes and ended with some cool minis that didn’t really fit what I wanted in my IWs (Abaddon himself being one of them.)

Your possessed are lights out.  I have some that came in the Balefleet box I don’t think I’m going to put on here after seeing yours!  :biggrin:

WIP:

Spoiler

IMG_0183.thumb.jpeg.cb2c518023a67802b1b041992b3e472a.jpeg

Edited by crimsondave
Added WIP pic

I finished my havocs about a week ago and have since been working on the venomcrawler. I am pleased with the impaled guardsman on the base, he is trying to get one last shot off with his laspistol before he dies!

I do think the venomcrawler may be a bit possessed, or maybe it is just incredibly sharp - I dropped it while working on it the other day and attempted to catch it. I did catch it but totally impaled myself on one of the spikes and got quite a nasty cut, that now stings with pain everytime I see a Space Marine...

Hoping to have this guy done by the end of the month, then that will give me September to finish my vow of 10 traitor guard + enforcer and ogryn, and the Lord and Dark Apostle + helpers. So may be a bit of a stretch!

16927238541653954097714543276306.jpg

16927238993892173668209404528096.jpg

33 minutes ago, crimsondave said:

Predator done.  Not my favorite.  It was hard to tape so the hazard stripes don’t look as good.  Not unhappy with it though.

Hide contents

IMG_0194.thumb.jpeg.fc536a31b4515bb6ecf1b4c9e208210d.jpegIMG_0198.thumb.jpeg.ad4cbbe025008c214848030a3d44571f.jpegIMG_0197.thumb.jpeg.25a43424ba8625cd335e80e0764350c6.jpeg

Looking great, I have no idea what you mean with the stripes, they do look ace.

Cpt.Danjou

@Cpt.Danjou  Thanks.  You can't see it in the pics but I had a bit of touch up to do on the stripes that is noticeable if you look close.  Probably won't notice from table distance.

Abaddon will close out vow 2.

Spoiler

IMG_0199.thumb.jpeg.904a0defb622059671f31e2f31cd5e8a.jpeg

Edited by crimsondave

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint Azrakh the Annihilator x? pts for the Glory of the Warmaster and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

20230826_202937.jpg

With everything based, Vow 2 is complete!

Spoiler

IMG_5520.thumb.jpeg.f54b2aff9b8be93ee748c3d4cc6e696e.jpegIMG_5521.thumb.jpeg.7131c084349b963993e52be76d4f5123.jpegIMG_5523.thumb.jpeg.0897ae3249f9157d10724a60d4c4afa0.jpegIMG_5522.thumb.jpeg.5eecdbc7eaf55fbae1e6c87192d13808.jpeg

Now on to my final vow:

Spoiler

IMG_5525.thumb.jpeg.cf3f6c2d1ea9c7e754b4eb38d0caf469.jpegIMG_5524.thumb.jpeg.9cefa4a714e7ba212fa9347ad9ae9317.jpeg

I, sitnam, pledge this monstrosity to the glory of Tzeentch for a to be determined amount of points!

id put this guy in the same points category as a Mutalith Vortex Beast, which I count him as. He is as tall as my Lord of Change, but without the wings he has far less bulk. I guess that’d be in the 6 to 8 point range?

Hello everyone,

Your efforts for Chaos are indeed impressive. 

Here's a photo of what my pledge currently looks like. Next step is to add metals, gold, and rust colors.

image.thumb.png.bb57d20038866703fbaa051ce06c5dc5.png

Edited by Tallarn Commander