Possible work-around for units stuck in GSC Cult Ambush?

GSC units with Cult Ambush aren't gone when their Ambush markers are removed by enemy movement; those units are simply added to the roster of units that are sitting in Cult Ambush. Subsequently-activated Ambush markers can still allow any one of the units still in Ambush to respawn (you don't have to pair an Ambush marker with the unit that spawned it). And of course such units are considered destroyed at the end of the game if they don't come back.

This means that a canny enemy (or an unlucky GSC player) can wind up creating a situation where no markers leaves a lot of units sitting around in Ambush with no way to come back.

Sucks for the cult player, right? Well, maybe not as much as it could.

What about the Rapid Ingress stratagem?

It looks like what units are considered to be "in Reserves" are PROBABLY also our cult units sitting in Ambush limbo, but the RAW aren't too clear. I argued with myself about it back and forth for a while as I poured through the core rules, the GSC index, and the rules commentary document.

Let me know if you find out otherwise.

Given that destroyed units with Cult Ambush are "in Reserves" after they are removed from the battlefield (even thought it is a specific form of reserves unique to GSC; see p. 16 of the core rules document), they are targetable by the Rapid Ingress stratagem, no?

Why the heck would you waste 1 CP to bring an Ambush unit back when you can use Cult Ambush at the same exact time to bring them back for free instead?

Well, because you don't need an Ambush token to pull the unit out of Ambush with the stratagem.

It is my very novice opinion (and please let me know if you find anything solid that contradicts this interpretation) that Rapid Ingress can be a once-per-enemy-turn way to put lost units in Ambush back onto the board, without needing a Cult Ambush marker to do so.

What do you think?

Edited by Abominant
Edited to correct poor grammar.

43 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

My reading of Cult Ambush is that is a separate pool of units to your Reserves. Unless I have missed it, the word ‘reserve’ isn’t even used. 

OMG what a waste of a post, lol. Yep, you are right. I misread the Reinforcements rule on p. 16. My bad. TY.