Ah I see I came to late to this thread. We are already in the stage were people just complain about nonsense and start advertising 3D models and other systems. 

How tedious and predictable. 

I am happy about epic. Never played it back in the days and never played Titanicus although I love those models. 

Finally I can field a human army in HH without the need to sell one of my organs and getting crazy while painting it. 

Great news indeed.

Edited by Gorgoff

2 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

They've never once stuck resin in a boxset for any system have they? 

They were all aboard doing it for AT before they (thankfully) changed course, afaik most of those decision makers are still in roughly the same posts, if they dont think itll sell itll be resin.

It just feels like a no brainer to say plastic, and they did for the warhounds, a lot.

This seems like the logical next place for Adeptus Titanicus to go if GW didn't want to do Xenos for whatver reason, so everything makes perfect sense to me.

As for the asault marines landing here first... 8mm static models are much easier to design than a 28mm multi part kit. Besides, this is the boxed games team, so it's not like they're taking resources away from HH.

As for the game itself... Some of my loval HH group have been anticipating it. I'll have to see how the game feels, myself.

Just now, Redcomet said:

Not everyone can have a resin 3d printer

Ok? I don't have one, but I know 5 different people with them, and I'm sure there's many more who play 40k et al who have them too. And past that, there's printing services galore, to the point where it's extremely easy to avoid the gw inflated price.

3 minutes ago, Burni said:

Why have they done custom bases but not done them like FoW with recesses. The tab between the legs of infantry looks a bit crap. Even with a bit of sand on it, it’s going to be a bump :confused: 

Just paint it so it looks like they failed their morale check, while staring down a titan.

Edited by JayJapanB

7 minutes ago, Burni said:

Why have they done custom bases but not done them like FoW with recesses. The tab between the legs of infantry looks a bit crap. Even with a bit of sand on it, it’s going to be a bump :confused: 

I hadn’t even seen that. That does seem like a rather big design oversight. Especially since the company has done minis this size before. 

3 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

I mean, if you want people to shut up and just praise GW like good lil consumers you are using the wrong communication medium really. I dont think anything bar the Knights previewed today didnt have some controversy following it already, let alone the millions of things they didnt preview :D  

Did I even say that? LOL.....

17 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Something I noticed. In the video one of the Malcadors has a Vanquisher turret. It's something the current model has never had, but weirdly in Liber: Imperium it gained the option.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

352623156.png

Also the different plasma sicaran design

Heh, finally plastic assaults. Sort of disappointed they didn't mix a few other armor marks into the tacticals, but it's not like there aren't plenty of other places to get them.

I suppose it will be interesting to see how they support it in the future - Tanks I can see, but I cant really imagine casting 8mm infantry in resin.

9 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

everything in this box is plastic.

Do you have a source on that, or are you just guessing? Because id be surprised if its not but it feels really obvious that they werent allowed to say it,

Lol @Redcomet what are you disagreeing about? The amount of people that have printers in my city that i know about? The services available online? Like even ignoring Shapeways or other large companies, there's whole Facebook groups and discord channels where people offer their services.

Was it the ease of saving money?As an example, i got some excellent Terminator files that are the Leviathan Terminator scale printed for $3 a model; GW sells normal scale terminators for $15 a model, so you have a lot of room to save money. A full spectrum dominance army cost $30 dollars to have printed, and that's all around the same scale.

You can't disagree about things when you have no knowledge about  them.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

52 minutes ago, Burni said:

Yeah, I just read the article and as far as I can see it only talks about the warhound weapons as being plastic. Anxious is the right word. If the majority of new Epic is resin, it would be a huge shame and a pass from me.

Its because they're including some of those weapons for the first time in plastic. 

Not sure where the assumption of resin is coming from. They said in the preview that it'd be heavily supported.

4 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Its because they're including some of those weapons for the first time in plastic. 

Not sure where the assumption of resin is coming from. They said in the preview that it'd be heavily supported.

This box will for sure be plastic only, not so sure about future releases. After all Titanicus/Aeronautica also got many resin releases. Though that was only for lesser used variants and if they are even converting resin weapons to plastic like the Warhound I'm cautiously optimistic

Edited by Matrindur