Wow that’s kinda “epic” … I don’t play 30k at all (I do play Aeronautica though) this  will be watched carefully… I can see this becoming pretty expensive :laugh: especially seeing the boxset load out … it looks like it’ll require many additional resources and extras (it’s like they plan these things or something  :tongue:

still happy to finally see epic , even if it is just 30k for now…. 

I'm genuinely interested in getting this when it comes out , I have quite a bit of AT18 so am concerned that this may be the death knell for officialsupport for that game system which I really enjoy.  If GW keep supporting AT18 I will be happy to continue with that as well.  I'd certainly be interested in seeing how the rules work and how they integrate titans into the game.  The article on WarCom says that there are rules for all the existing titans in the book so thing like the Iconoclast are going to be difficult to balance.  

I personally hope that hte scope will eventually expand to other races but given that AT18 hasn't yet I'm not sure we will see anythign any time soon.  Orks and Eldar would be the obvious first xenos races and I'd love some Phantoms and Gargants models and official rules for both. 

I still have a whole bunch of Epic  stuff in the attic and garage but my current circumstnces mean that I rarely get to play any GW games at the moment so apart from the starter  box to build and paint I'm not sure how much I'm going to invest in this one which is a shame.  I was a huge fan of the original AT, Space Marine and 2nd Ed Space Marine games and would love to see it do well. It will be interesting t see how the models compare to the old stuff.  

Cheers

Vogon

22 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

I don't know why people are so convinced GW are in the mood to 'squat' games. Warhammer Quests, and things like that Ork racing game, and that knight duel game aside, I can't personally recall them killing off a main game since WHFB, and since then they've resurrected plenty.

Partly the fact that AT has been on the back burner for a couple of years already, and partly the fact that there’s quite a lot of overlap between AT and Epic. I hope AT sticks around, it’s probably GWs best ruleset and different enough to epic ruleswise (presumably anyway), but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is it for AT and it’s all epic from now on. 

4 minutes ago, fire golem said:

Partly the fact that AT has been on the back burner for a couple of years already, and partly the fact that there’s quite a lot of overlap between AT and Epic. I hope AT sticks around, it’s probably GWs best ruleset and different enough to epic ruleswise (presumably anyway), but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is it for AT and it’s all epic from now on. 

I'd be more concerned if I played AI. They've had nothing for ages, AT has had two rulebooks and two weapon sets recently, and just yesterday new plastics. (GW also confirmed on Facebook they're getting AT rules).

It's paranoia!

Dug out my old Epic 1st Edition white dwarf articles on building your regiments. It looks like they are using the same style detachment systems with different stand counts per detachment. Looks like the box contains two detachments centered around a single tactical squad with a tactical and heavy support squad stand attached to the first detachment and a terminator and assault squad attached to the second tactical squad. I hope they can be bigger than that, as companies of 30 or 40 feels more like 40K than 30K

1 hour ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

I'd be more concerned if I played AI. They've had nothing for ages, AT has had two rulebooks and two weapon sets recently, and just yesterday new plastics. (GW also confirmed on Facebook they're getting AT rules).

It's paranoia!

AI is definitely in a more precarious position, but I care less about that ;)

edit: actually, I’m not even sure that’s true, as at the moment it has a whole raft of models that can’t go anywhere else, as they’re 40k rather than 30k. All the Titanicus stuff can be used in Epic as is. 

Edited by fire golem

I'm so optimistic about this release it's unreal.

They said on the stream they got loads of stuff coming and "if you've got a 30K model odds are it's in this game" so now my brain is like "ok I'll collect a Destroyer company. And a Breacher company. And Guilliman. And Invictarus Suzerains. And more Breachers. And a Predator company..."

Honestly, I'm like kid at Christmas. 

I know Adeptus Titanicus is quiet recently, but that's because of the work they're doing here. It's all good, as the game is still there too.

28 minutes ago, fire golem said:

AI is definitely in a more precarious position, but I care less about that ;)

edit: actually, I’m not even sure that’s true, as at the moment it has a whole raft of models that can’t go anywhere else, as they’re 40k rather than 30k. All the Titanicus stuff can be used in Epic as is. 

Is it even possible to start playing AI right now without any base set on sale?

22 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

They said on the stream they got loads of stuff coming and "if you've got a 30K model odds are it's in this game" so now my brain is like "ok I'll collect a Destroyer company. And a Breacher company. And Guilliman. And Invictarus Suzerains. And more Breachers. And a Predator company..."

I know Adeptus Titanicus is quiet recently, but that's because of the work they're doing here. It's all good, as the game is still there too.

The anti-resin crowd needs to prepare themselves for Legion Specific stuff to be resin. If they tried to do plastic that would effectively double the amount of sprues they need to make for the game, and I can’t see them doing that. They already massively fumbled by leaning into Mark 6 instead of mixing up the marks again, and I doubt we are going to get iterations of armor mark in a SG. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that stuff gets skipped entirely. I would be sad but I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

21 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Agreed, as someone who missed the original epic but loved the warmaster game when I was a kid. This is right up my alley. Love heresy, love Solar Aux, Love titanicus. This is an all in thing for me. 

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

The anti-resin crowd needs to prepare themselves for Legion Specific stuff to be resin. If they tried to do plastic that would effectively double the amount of sprues they need to make for the game, and I can’t see them doing that. They already massively fumbled by leaning into Mark 6 instead of mixing up the marks again, and I doubt we are going to get iterations of armor mark in a SG. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that stuff gets skipped entirely. I would be sad but I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Yea legion specific stuff will be interesting. If we are getting them they will for sure only be in resin for now, same as full size HH, but the real question is if we will even get them anytime soon. 

There is quite a lot of stuff they need to release fast and unlike HH2.0, Epic doesn't have a resin backcatalogue to point players to until they get their new versions. Of course epic scale will be way faster but even then there should be alot of kits

Edited by Matrindur

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

They already massively fumbled by leaning into Mark 6 instead of mixing up the marks again, and I doubt we are going to get iterations of armor mark in a SG. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that stuff gets skipped entirely. I would be sad but I wouldn’t be surprised. 

The Tank Commander wears Mk2, the Terminators are designated as "Cataphractii Terminators".