Norn Emissary / Norn Assimilator

I don't understand what the point of this guys is though... He only stands slightly taller than a wraithlord so it's just a hive tyrant but uglier? Already got like dozens of large elite killing monsters so what's gonna set this guy apart from the rest? Is this the Dimachearon's plastic replacement?

21 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I don't understand what the point of this guys is though... He only stands slightly taller than a wraithlord so it's just a hive tyrant but uglier? Already got like dozens of large elite killing monsters so what's gonna set this guy apart from the rest? Is this the Dimachearon's plastic replacement?

The second one is literally "the Dimachearon, but redesigned slightly in plastic" yeah

Edited by Gederas

When I first saw the pic with the Wraithlord, I thought it was a Wraithknight, and THAT would have been cool :cuss:.

I like both builds of the model, but as others have said it seems we already have enough units that fufill similar roles. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if these had been knight sized sculpts? 

That would have been awesome.

59 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Kills vehicles and enemy characters, whereas the Emissary kills Elites.

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

Apparently they can take out a knight on their own if the knight is their designated target

So…. The next big nerf from GW will be Nids cause knight players are losing badly … :tongue:….:laugh:

Kinda cool, but I was hoping the big bug for the release was going to be more like the Hiedrodule, perhaps even the Heirophant. These just look like Hive Tyrants with more visual noise. I don't dislike them but I'm not overly enamoured by them.

11 minutes ago, danodan123 said:

Isn't that a wraith Knight painted to look like stone to the left in the picture, 2 comparisons one photo?

It is, though it looks like its raised up a little bit compared to the Assimilator.

I am not 100% sure why but I like the Emissary more. Maybe just easier to read the model without zooming in.