Norn Emissary / Norn Assimilator

Not a huge fan of this one (Rest of the preview was dope though)

Feels like a Tyranid Riptide or something.

Tervigon and Heirophant are more how I like big bugs. Butts in the air.

Dimachaeron less so, but still like him more than these Norn dudes. His gangly "I'mma comin' for you" pose is kinda scary.

Something about this one isn't quite doing it for me, but I think it's mostly the posing. The arms look off just held out in front of it like that, it gives me the vibes of something cramped and static, without much freedom of movement.

I'm curious to see what some good conversions could produce with the kit though.

Yup - both heads partake of the old Swarmlord art, just in different ways.

R.708ef9797fa16779d8beb99bad7a8788?rik=QDtZGnUBWu4KNQ&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

One has the horns in a row (but 3 instead of 2) and one has the mandibles on either side of the jaws (but 1 set of mandibles instead of two sets).

Removing the tactical rock and positioning the legs fairly low (on a swarmlord-size base), should bring its height down close to swarmlord level, to avoid being accused of "modelling for advantage".
Edited by Iron Lord

18 minutes ago, Xenith said:

My only real issue with this release is:

What if I want two, and don't want them standing on the same rock/bit of debris?

Come on GW, make the tactical rock optional! 

It looks like this model will be easy to build without the it. If all else fails just smush out some greenstuff to give your base some height on one side.

20 minutes ago, Xenith said:

My only real issue with this release is:

What if I want two, and don't want them standing on the same rock/bit of debris?

Come on GW, make the tactical rock optional! 

i bet it´s more like new daemon prince is, Rock is separate piece that DP has tab on foot that rock has corresponding slot to slip in. You can just snip the tab off, discard the rock and makeshift pile of skulls or something else under it

The emissary is an excellent execution of the design language. It doesn't really bring anything new to the table, but it pulls together what's already there in a really powerful way. 

The assimilator is... messier. Riskier, I suppose, but not in a way that really works. Not a fan.

I still don't understand why they couldn't just call the Assimilator a Dimachearon. It's exactly the same thing but less cool since it doesn't have the chest maw. The Norn tag on the Emissary makes sense since it's just a meaner tyrant but on the Assimilator it's just clunky and doesn't sound as cool as Dimachaeron.