More firstborn units lumped together or going away.

51 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

Terminators can also ride in a Stormraven, but yeah this is the only ground transport.

It used to be able to transport 6 terminators and a Dreadnought. (Even a Deredeo)

Talk about a clown car.

Also Thunderhawk can transport Terminators.

19 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

It used to be able to transport 6 terminators and a Dreadnought. (Even a Deredeo)

Unlike 8th/9th editions, the Stormraven can now transport the Primaris Dreads too. I am loving the idea of a Brutalis yoloing in on one of those.

19 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

All the more reason to keep pestering GW for a plastic version then. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Karhedron said:

the Stormraven can now transport the Primaris Dreads too. I am loving the idea of a Brutalis yoloing in on one of those.

Stormravens are arguably super bad for transporting melee. The only good transport now for melee is the good ol Land Raider. Anything else and you risk your melee unit disappearing as soon as it jumps out

4 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Stormravens are arguably super bad for transporting melee. The only good transport now for melee is the good ol Land Raider. Anything else and you risk your melee unit disappearing as soon as it jumps out

Move into position T1. On T2 disembark, move and Charge (or even Advance and charge if you activate the Assault Doctrine). The Stormraven is not too fragile with Armour of Contempt and Armoured Resilience. And if your opponent does take it down, it will soak up a lot of firepower and still deposit a load of angry dudes in your opponent's lines.

Edited by Karhedron

5 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Move into position T1, disembark, move and Charge (or even Advance and charge if you activate the Assault Doctrine). The Stormraven is not too fragile with Armour of Contempt and Armoured Resilience. 

Pretty sure units cant move after they pop out of a moving transport

On 8/9/2023 at 12:58 PM, Orange Knight said:

Terminators can also ride in a Repulsor.

Ah didn’t know this

On 8/9/2023 at 1:30 PM, JayJapanB said:

Talk about a clown car.

Not quite a clown car; the dreadnought was carried in rear grapples. Sort of airlifted in, rather than transported in the cargo hold.

I wish GW had given more notice, or put the kits on MTO. The stock sold out super quick and the online prices are outrageous. I've seen Land Speeders and Ironclads going for £249.99 on ebay. It's mad.  I was desperate to get a pair of Ironclads but not at such extreme mark ups.

Some people don't mind about Legends. Some people may want them for modelling projects. I had the same issue when the BA Tactical squad box was discontinued as I had planned to make a squad of Sternguard using them. I sort of assumed that anything in plastic would remain in production indefinitely.

The BA tac squad was an absolute treasure trove of bits though. Despite not wanting any tac marines, I'd buy a BA tac squad kit in a heartbeat if I found one for MSRP.

The speeder and ironclad aren't so much. their specific bits are pretty specific to them.

On 7/27/2023 at 7:50 AM, Orange Knight said:

It was always going to happen. The moment that classic characters started crossing the Rubicon was a categorical confirmation.

In effect, the Firstborn are now the Primaris.

I simply hoped that 6 years would be enough for people to generally accept the new direction or to walk away. I think for those deciding on remaining in a state of limbo, with a negative outlook at the new releases, was the worst outcome.

Have you heard about what happened to the 3.5 chaos 'dex from 6.5 editions ago?

People don't work that way, especially people attracted to a dystopia setting dying because of hostility to change

2 hours ago, BrainFireBob said:

Have you heard about what happened to the 3.5 chaos 'dex from 6.5 editions ago?

People don't work that way, especially people attracted to a dystopia setting dying because of hostility to change

I'm more curious about what's going to happen to the characters that haven't (yet) crossed the Rubicon.  Will those characters be killed off, or what?  I sort of expect Cassius to cross the Rubicon and go back to the Death Watch.  I don't know what's going to happen to Lysander and Vulkan He'stan - not only did they not cross the Rubicon, but they were "replaced" by another character who is.   I can absolutely belive Chronus and Telion can cross.  Chronus is just a tank pilot rarely on the table anyway - Scouts just evaporated, but there are plenty of parallel units Telion can become an exemplar of.  Khan crossed, lost his bike, but should be able to get it back any day now.   Azrael crossed, Belial should be now that we have an upsized nebulous generational Captain.  Sammael and his Jetbike should be possible any time.  The others can too, and probably only haven't because GW wanted to kick the can down the road on them for a while as a divergent Sorta Codex Chapter.  Dante has crossed.  Most of the other BA characters also haven't - but in this case they were probably kicking them down the road waiting for the Jump Fight Infantry release.   Even still I bet Corbulo is probably first with a longer history for the Foot Apothecary plus some emphasis on Non-Jumping DeathCompany/Vanguard.  The DC/Furioso Dread was pretty much just released in the Brutallis.  Tycho is I'm assuming just going to fade away. 

Spoiler

Because he can't cross the Rubicon because he died long before Primaris were released

I imagine a few characters will be retired to Legends?

I can imagine thar happening to characters like Chronus, Tycho, etc

Others will get updated as the edition progresses. I have my fingers crossed for Lysander now that Terminator armour has been updated.

Obviously I would be more happy if all characters got a glow up.

I think Lysander getting a Primaris model is all but certain. What I'd be interested if is he gets promoted to Chapter Master.

Really sucks how GW handled the discontinuing of kits. The prices on the like of ebay are outrageous and profiteering is rampant. 

Yeah, more notice would have been nice, should have gone MTO before discontinued. Instead we had the classic smash and grab by scalpers on GW's website and eye watering markups online. I needed a few more land speeders to use for HH, the proteus is a potato sculpt. 

Edited by MegaVolt87

On 8/20/2023 at 12:56 PM, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

I think Lysander getting a Primaris model is all but certain. What I'd be interested if is he gets promoted to Chapter Master.

Really sucks how GW handled the discontinuing of kits. The prices on the like of ebay are outrageous and profiteering is rampant. 

I'm not sure - I mean its much more likely he crosses the Rubicon now, but I don't see him getting the Chapter Master promotion.  They fluffed Tor in that direction, plus he can punch out a Knight by himself. 

A new Lysander in Terminator armor can skip over whether he’s Primaris or not, it’s agnostic armor now.

Vulkan He’Stan is an interesting case, because he heartens back to Chaplain Xavier. The Salamanders celebrate their spiritual leaders a lot more than their strategic and tactical leaders. Because they made Vulkan a role, I could see them having He’Stan die and a new one who has to wrestle with living up to his predecessors legacy.

I don’t like how Cassius’s rules changed when some special characters became better versions of generic rather than pushing their uniqueness. He was the anti-Tyranid Chaplain, but that doesn’t fit the zeitgeist. I hope he dies taking out a Norn Queen.

Tycho has been dead for awhile, just let his model go, especially as 40k is no longer a pseudo-historical sandbox with historical characters like Macharius and Namaan who were dead in “modern” 40k but had profiles.

Chronus… what’s his appeal other than “tank but better” that will/won’t be take based on his points efficiency?

1 hour ago, jaxom said:

Chronus… what’s his appeal other than “tank but better” that will/won’t be take based on his points efficiency?

HQ/Player Avatar for the Spear of Macragge/Armored Company Space Marine army.  I'd love it if they removed the firstborn restrictions on him and let him hop in a Gladiator, or Repulsor. 

On 8/25/2023 at 11:01 PM, Tacitus said:

HQ/Player Avatar for the Spear of Macragge/Armored Company Space Marine army.  I'd love it if they removed the firstborn restrictions on him and let him hop in a Gladiator, or Repulsor. 

17 minutes ago, SvenIronhand said:

Some people like to field all-tank armies.

Makes sense. With the Detachment system, I hope he wouldn't be required for that any longer. I'd assume a similar rule to the Armoured Spearhead Rite of War in HH where a tank can be chosen as the warlord.

45 minutes ago, SvenIronhand said:

Some people like to field all-tank armies.

Well I hope they’re smarter than the Russians and give them proper Infantry support. Knights are starting to slip in the winning column and I can’t imagine an all Space Marine tank army doing better than Knights. Thematically I would think Imperial Guard would be the way to go for a tank army? Either way I can’t see Marines or Guard doing well without proper infantry support for OC and the actions necessary to score secondaries. 

39 minutes ago, Dracos said:

Well I hope they’re smarter than the Russians and give them proper Infantry support. Knights are starting to slip in the winning column and I can’t imagine an all Space Marine tank army doing better than Knights. Thematically I would think Imperial Guard would be the way to go for a tank army? Either way I can’t see Marines or Guard doing well without proper infantry support for OC and the actions necessary to score secondaries. 

It's not about winning.