Warhammer+ Price increase

Just now, soviet1337 said:

I didn't consider myself a subscriber in the first place, I simply bought a very expensive Chaos Terminator and never watched a single video 

I wouldn't be surprised if that's overwhelmingly the case for most of the numbers. 

8 minutes ago, MARK0SIAN said:

Hi all,

Apologies if this is old news but I received this email today indicating a price increase for Warhammer+

65938B6E-9281-4300-A00E-06ED31C10D8B.png

This think this sums up my thoughts more than anything else can. I still haven't got my model for this year. Getting fed up waiting.

"you also get to pick a free miniature that’s initially exclusive to a Warhammer+ subscription."

From WarCom article; emphasis in bold is mine. Is this a change? I thought the miniatures were an exclusive, full-stop, not just for an initial period. Wouldn't want to have paid £50+ per annum (soon to be more), only for the mini to be available on the GW website in future at half the price.

9 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

"you also get to pick a free miniature that’s initially exclusive to a Warhammer+ subscription."

From WarCom article; emphasis in bold is mine. Is this a change? I thought the miniatures were an exclusive, full-stop, not just for an initial period. Wouldn't want to have paid £50+ per annum (soon to be more), only for the mini to be available on the GW website in future at half the price.

What do you want to bet they have a stockpile of them somewhere because they predicted annual subscriptions to be more, and now higher-ups are saying they want them gone before the new ones are debuted to make room.

Can't help but wonder if that'll backfire for subscription numbers though because you'll be able to just buy the mini rather than having to stay signed up

37 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

On one hand, yes that would probably stop some people from getting the annual subscription if they can just get the mini later,

on the other hand that makes it possible to actually update models via this and not just release alternative versions/display versions.

And if the mini looks great and has good rules I can see people buying the subscription just to get it sooner so they can use it in their games. After all the concept of minis locked to boxes months before their general release like the lion works. It would be that just taken to the extreme. Longer wait times (Probably the full year) and paying more instead of getting a discount.

Next returning Primarch locked to Warhammer+ for a year? :biggrin:

Edited by Matrindur

41 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

They have been walking the requirements back since the beginning. At launch it was "after you subscribe for a full  year, you get a model." Then it became "if you buy a full year subscription at any time, you get this year's model." Now it seems to be moving towards "just buy the model, please and thank you."

1 hour ago, soviet1337 said:

I didn't consider myself a subscriber in the first place, I simply bought a very expensive Chaos Terminator and never watched a single video 

Yes, a Terminator Lord model for a faction that cannot take Terminator Lords. Truly an inspired choice James Workshop :biggrin:

There will be (semi-)exclusive models for subscribing, the very last sentence of today's announcement outright says so. Gonna have to be a great model for me this year.... the previous are still just sitting in my to-be-painted box, and I was pretty damned hyped for them

16 minutes ago, andes said:

There will be (semi-)exclusive models for subscribing, the very last sentence of today's announcement outright says so. Gonna have to be a great model for me this year.... the previous are still just sitting in my to-be-painted box, and I was pretty damned hyped for them

The sentence in question: 

"On top of all that, you also get to pick a free miniature that’s initially exclusive to a Warhammer+ subscription."

I'm hoping that it's just poorly worded and means that it's initally exclusive to WH+ annual subscribers and the monthly subscribers get at the end of the year like year 2... 

Though even I'm finding the linguistic gymnastics required a bit of a stretch to believe that's the case, and more likely the sentence is as read.