Warhammer+ Price increase

It's not. It means that WH+ subs will get it first, but it'll show up elsewhere (event special mini, store anniversary... something like that) later. IIRC, that's what happened with Azrakh the Annihilator.. he showed up as the event mini at one of the celebrations

I don’t watch any of their animations, and watched one of the painting tutorials.

I’d be happy to sub a couple of quid a month just for the list building functionality.

I cancelled my subscription a couple of months ago…this article doesn’t encourage me to re subscribe.

Fool's move. WH+ just isn't happening at any broad level, and GW should recognize that. Instead, they're going to keep their (surprisingly decent!) App behind a dual subscription and Codex paywall, leaving the market open for whatever Battlescribe's eventual successor ends up being.

There is no human way that the App cost them so much that it needs to be supported by direct revenue. Just make it free and consider it a cost of marketing.

Edited by Lexington

Id pay for the app separately not the rest of the useless wh+,  the fact they increased the price as well is a joke and rather scummy 

Also only play Nurgle so very unlikely the minature will even be of use to me as the last 2 lots sure haven't 

Edited by Plaguecaster

I really don't see the value of Warhammer+, Battlescribe does a better job at not only build army lists but also provide useful rules summary in your list. The animations available on youtube have way higher quality in terms of storyline, design and "40k-grimdarkness" than the ones in WH+, too much disney-vibes from GW. So what's left that is of value?

5 minutes ago, Imren said:

I really don't see the value of Warhammer+, Battlescribe does a better job at not only build army lists but also provide useful rules summary in your list.

Agreed. I've also been using game-datacards.eu which is...really smooth. It's technically not got as much customisation as the 40k App or Battlescribe (but that doesn't matter in this Power Level world we are forced to exist in anyway), and on desktop you can customise the hell out of things and then print/print to PDF.

Super easy to reference when playing. If they maintain it in its current form, even if points do come back properly, then the 40k App is just...not good enough. Maybe competition will drive it to be better, but as a premium service (ie, the only one of them on the market you'll actually have to pay to bloody use) it's not good enough.

3 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

I feel as though I'm in the minority but I personally have enjoyed the animations. I watch some of the battle reports depending on who's playing.

I look at it as mini with free online content but depending on the mini for the coming year, I may not resubscribe...

I subscribed a couple of times to watch some of the animations. The Tau one and Iron Warriors one I particularly liked.

But there's not enough to keep me subscribed.

I don't care about the white dwarf and campaign supplicant digital versions. The painting tutorials are good but I can get that on YouTube, plus since Louise left they're getting more and more sparse. Again, loremasters is good, but there's only one or two a month, if that, and again I can go to any number of YouTubers (hi Leutin) for lore videos that go more in depth. So that leaves the animations and battle reports. The latter, again, I can get on YouTube if I wanted, I don't play the game so it doesn't matter to me

And the former are released at such a glacial pace that I can just hop in once a year, watch everything that I want in probably less than a single day and be done with it. There just isn't enough for me to justify it, it's almost August and we still haven't seen any updates on half of what they showed off earlier this year in the "coming soon" video

bit of a rant here...

I've subscribed back to Warhammer + a couple of months ago since I wanted to see if there is more content/increase in quality from the platform... What I got was disappointing to say the least. There was no more than a couple of shows/episodes out since I unsubscribed.

Hammer and Bolter animation is atrocious, barely can be called "animated", it's basically 3D cell shaded stuff with crappy animation. Interrogator was really good but same issue. I've seen better animation coming from Newgrounds damnit ! The blood angels stuff is honestly not great... animation is shoddy (characters making weird exaggerated motion to convey movement which is hugee mistake). Character models looks decent but texture could be worked better and everything could have better polish.  I don't want to :cuss: on them but this feels like it's the exact same thing they did on youtube with Hellsreach, it's great for youtube but for a streaming service ??? I feel sorry for them because it kinda feels like GW grab them after they had just started their career and they didn't get the experience working in a professional environment with people who could give them feedback. Astartes on the other hand is why I subscribed to W+ in the first place but I suspect that GW doesn't understand that one dude making a 30min 10 episode run on the level of understanding and talent he has is ludacris and probably why we don't have any ETA on when is show is coming out (probably 10 years if he doesn't burn out before). 

the complete white dwarf collection should be available by now and the new ones should be there to, not a separate release you have to buy. Battle reports are good because the guys are probably trying their damndest to make it awesome but for a company that LITERALLY has the ressource availlable to make incredible terrain piece and amazing painted models. It is completely silly that youtubers with a little imagination can make the same content or better. This reeks of a department having no interaction with other departments and resource limited to the teams elbow grease. Loremaster is the exact same thing, better on youtube in every way. 

And now they want a price increase ???? for what ? They have literally nothing to show for this and probably not because of the team managing the platform. This reeks of corpo not understanding the platform or it's content. 

For the amount of money Gdub is making off our collective paycheck each month. Why in the hell aren't they talking to japanese animation studios or any studio worth it's salt for that matter ? Can you imagine something made by studio trigger or if anime isn't your thing, on the same level of DC animation ? 

Warhammer + is completely wasted potential

This is to force people into annual instead of monthly subs, right? I have a monthly sub right now, and I have to decide whether to drop it (losing access to the vault, which is what I use it for) or gamble on a whole year being worth it when the amount of new content is dwindling all the time. Not happy about this choice.

You know...price increase normally comes with an uptick in releases...not a downtick...

Still don't know how well it is doing overall. Didn't their recent report thing point that it is barely holding water right now? This may put that well into the red comically.

Oh and it likely doesn't help that within their image, charging more for barely any product when already they aren't paying their workers enough...not great optics from what I gather and hear.

Seems odd to increase monthly subscription prices but not annual, I wonder what the reasoning behind that is? Unless there is some sort of financial benefit to getting most of the subscription profits in a once (as most annual subscribers started in August I believe). 

Depending on the mini this year, I'll continue it - it is still a decent deal for me for the annual sub, if we get the mini and the voucher like the last two years. If no mini, I'll cancel, because the animations are alright but I have enough streaming services as is for entertainment, and I don't watch their battle reports/painting stuff because I like certain youtube channels for those that are better than WH+. 

My primary want is for the 40k app to have a subscription model to unlock all the codices/content, whether or not its bundled with WH+ isn't a big deal for me - I don't want to buy 4+ codices and bi-annual GT packs just to get access to my rules. I've been in the universe long enough that I know the lore, so a codex to me is just about the rules and those should be digital so they can get updated properly when needed. 

8 hours ago, chapter master 454 said:

Still don't know how well it is doing overall. Didn't their recent report thing point that it is barely holding water right now? 

No, the report said Warhammer+ subs had increased by 30% in the last year. Nothing else is identifiable in the report because the costs for Warhammer+ are included with the general design studio costs, and the revenue is included with online sales.

4 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

I have a monthly sub and haven’t received this yet. Is it UK only?

I’m not sure. The starred bit saying ‘or local currency equivalent’ seems to imply it’s not just UK but that also doesn’t mean it’s universal across all territories so who knows?

5 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

My primary want is for the 40k app to have a subscription model to unlock all the codices/content, whether or not its bundled with WH+ isn't a big deal for me - I don't want to buy 4+ codices and bi-annual GT packs just to get access to my rules. I've been in the universe long enough that I know the lore, so a codex to me is just about the rules and those should be digital so they can get updated properly when needed. 

I very much hope for this -access to the rules without having to buy a codex would be excellent. Lore and art could be separate. I haven't subbed before -I'd pay for the app but the rest doesn't really appeal, hoping they have a sub option for just the app as I don't think id get much out of the rest of the content. The models are nice and all but fairly dependant on wether you like that faction or not. 

Edited by silverstu