Terminatorinhell's WIPs

Go to solution Solved by ZeroWolf,

You're welcome and I do mean what I wrote ;)

Regarding processing these putties, yeah - that's what they do (from my experience). Try a metal file or sanding paper for removing excess material. These tools sometimes gives way more control than a hobby knife.

Got sidetracked and painted my Seraphim from the combat patrol. Two sets of twins and a squad leader in terms of sculpts. I definitely might get the regular box of them later. 

Tried for metallic blue wings. 

I did wind up adding more detail like scrolls and pupils for their eyes lol

20240301_223550.jpg

20240301_223556.jpg

20240301_223557.jpg

20240301_223621.jpg

I concur, they are definitely interesting. A nice, tacticool, generic Sci-Fi take on the Sisters of Battle, not overly sexualised. For some strange reason, I'm struggling to see/understand  how big they are. They seem way larger than GW kits; however, that's probably just the lack of a point of reference. Or the fact that they appear to have more realistic, human proportions. Either way, a good find.

I have built a squad of the new terminators... And it's no contest they're way nicer than the old plastic ones... Which I have a huge soft spot for. 

I spent hours magnetizing the backs of each power fist to swap for a chain fist or regular arm. The left arm and head of the Sergeant. Heads of two others then one magnetized to have the cyclone missile launcher removable. Finally a guy with the option for flamer, gatling or storm bolter. 

20240310_225748.jpg

4 hours ago, Terminatorinhell said:

And it's no contest they're way nicer than the old plastic ones... Which I have a huge soft spot for. 

Things like this aren't helping me keep to my vow that I have enough Space Marines and that no matter how nice the new Terminator kit is, I'm not buying one because I already have 10 of the old ones :blush: :laugh: 

On 3/8/2024 at 4:14 PM, Terminatorinhell said:

They're pretty similar in size... I think actually some proportion are more generous. 

What I meant was the overall silhouette. However, now I see that they are indeed more generous ;)

Congrats on getting the Termies magnetised. This is the least favourite part of the hobby for me and I probably overvalue the effort put into this but I imagine it must've been tedious. I suppose though that future-proofing your minis is worth it. Oh, and the nice click when a magnetised part jumps perfectly into place is awesome.

1 hour ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Things like this aren't helping me keep to my vow that I have enough Space Marines and that no matter how nice the new Terminator kit is, I'm not buying one because I already have 10 of the old ones :blush: :laugh: 

If it's any help, I have a similar resolution. The old ones, just with any other old kit, are good enough. Just don't place them side by side with anything new - only then the years really show.

Also a bonus no one asked for. 

I am making a librarian shoulder pad for my primaris librarian. I just two different skulls from the skulls set. It's going to need cleanup but it has that horned skull look they tend to have. 

And yeah... I have maybe 20+ old terminators. I up sized some but it's not really worth the effort to me because they still look lanky. I might paint them in other Dorn successor chapters or something. 

20240311_223951.jpg