Terminatorinhell's WIPs

Go to solution Solved by ZeroWolf,

Hey all, been out of the hobby since 2011ish but just dipping back a bit after real life. I'm bringing back my crimson guardians to current times. I'm rehabilitating some first borns and collecting some primaris. I'm also making a primaris version of my chapter master. In this space I might toss in other armies I get later too. 20230729_155320.thumb.jpg.43ac319f74afdffd2480b3e2d1644282.jpg

20230809_234632.jpg

20230810_082315.jpg

20230716_224513.jpg

20230716_224523.jpg

Chaplain and two upsized old plastic termies

20230731_174804.jpg

20230807_225521.jpg

Edited by Terminatorinhell

Primaris redemptor done with some slight mods including a pilot. I had fun building it except for parts of the legs and having to trim the shoulder thing down so it can rotate in the body. I plan to magnetize the chest weapons and waist (either magnets, pin or rod in polycap like a gundam if I wanna be fancy). 

Anyway lmk what yall think about the pilot mod? 

20230811_211438.jpg

20230811_211446.jpg

20230811_211453.jpg

20230811_211504.jpg

20230811_211531.jpg

I really like that dreadnought pilot. I think you've done a great job on the front with the way it opens up and pretty seamlessly too, I would never have guessed it could do that from the first pictures. That is some really nice conversion work.

How are you finding the Primaris range to work with so far? 

Well the front of the dread actually opens up like that in the new primaris kits. Like it's kind of a hinge. Then I just don't glue the sarcophagus plate on. It's held in well enough. The primaris range is nice, a little repetitive in posing but I could probably mod stuff a little. 

Here is the intercessor squad from the combat patrol box. My friend is painting one up as his own made up colors but I think it looks pretty cool. It's like a guest marine or maybe I could say it's an apothecary "resident". No difference in rules but fluff wise. 

20230818_232218.jpg

So what happens when I get a free Sigmar model? Naturally I make it into a space marine. I did extensive greenstuff work and even shortened the legs. The result so far I think looks different enough from stock and it would be like a phobos armor lieutenant or something. 

20230819_005912.jpg

20230820_093236.jpg

20230820_093245.jpg

20230820_093252.jpg

Lovely stuff! The CM definitely has the feel of a Master level character, very imposing! Dread pilot is awesome too, does that void in the mini occur normally when you build the body, or did you have to cut bits out to make room for it?

I like your friend's scheme too. It's definitely similar enough that it could be some sort of Apothecary, or could be a member of another Chapter (formed from the same gene-line, maybe a Successor/Predecessor or just created in the same Founding?) and it's an honour thing that they swap brethren over to maintain a bond of brotherhood?

They do indeed look a bit like an apothecary. I seem to remember that one chapter embeds apothecaries in squads, but I can't for the life of me remember which one (I think it might have been the Sons of Medusa?). The idea of swapping unit members as a bond of honour is an interesting one, and would make a good point in the background :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Lovely stuff! The CM definitely has the feel of a Master level character, very imposing! Dread pilot is awesome too, does that void in the mini occur normally when you build the body, or did you have to cut bits out to make room for it?

I like your friend's scheme too. It's definitely similar enough that it could be some sort of Apothecary, or could be a member of another Chapter (formed from the same gene-line, maybe a Successor/Predecessor or just created in the same Founding?) and it's an honour thing that they swap brethren over to maintain a bond of brotherhood?

The dreadnought already had an empty void. It just took some trimming and filing to get the marine to fit into place. Mostly just trimmed sides of chest, also need to be careful to make sure the sarclid can still go on top