Terminatorinhell's WIPs

Go to solution Solved by ZeroWolf,

I think it looks pretty cool - good execution. If I were to critique anything, it'd be the white line - I imagine it would look cooler if it were thinner or perhaps a bit more ragged? You could thin the wite line by glazing some of the blue on top - that way, you'd have more gradient between the light blue and the white that also should result in a better 'power field' or 'electricity' effect.

The blue and blueish gray are perfect, though.

1 hour ago, Brother Christopher said:

I think it looks pretty cool - good execution. If I were to critique anything, it'd be the white line - I imagine it would look cooler if it were thinner or perhaps a bit more ragged? You could thin the wite line by glazing some of the blue on top - that way, you'd have more gradient between the light blue and the white that also should result in a better 'power field' or 'electricity' effect.

The blue and blueish gray are perfect, though.

I'd agree with this, however I also think they're looking good, the work you've put in shows.

I keep looking at the sword and want to redo it. Might have to strip or sand down the paint. Either I try nmm again, go for a powerword effect or just make it a black metal sword. 

Edit

And so I went with a blue effect 

20240228_223244.jpg

20240228_223255.jpg

Edited by Terminatorinhell

The cape needs some post-processing but overall I can see it work. You need to smoothen out the rougher bits (edges, as well as the green stuff bits) and modify the top part:

1. I'd recommend you file down the parts I marked in orange circles (that seem to come off from a Sword Brother's shoulder pads?) - the flow of the fabric is definitely unnatural here;

2. the way it connects to the body of the Marine (e.g. by extending it, like I marked with the green line).

Spoiler

image.jpeg.16926558c9df07b83819a662a18face0.jpeg

I'm ceaselessly impressed by your conversions. You're very brave and 'aggressive' with your projects, i.e., your modifications are very extensive. Also the fact that you're mixing old (sculpting) and modern (3d printing) approaches to the hobby is very motivational.

With my to-be primaris project, I have certain doubts: should I 'waste time' on cutting, repositioning and modifying by using plasticard, scrap and putty - all of these things are after all time consuming and imperfect - when 3D printing is available. Especially since I know how much time it takes me to do something. It feels like a mistake, I think to myself, the world goes forward and so should I.

Yet, there are people like you who don't hesitate to totally reshape what GW sells them and who continue to use traditional hobby tools. Thanks to people like you and projects like this, I feel more comfortable in my plans and decisions.

Thanks for continuously sharing!