Legions Imperialis & Epic hobby chat!

Pacific81

On 5/17/2024 at 7:20 AM, Pacific81 said:

Not that I am aware of sorry @Sete - have you tried any of the Age of Darkness 28mm Heresy books? (Maybe even the v1 edition ones?) But someone who has the books would know for sure.

@Sherrypie those just look gorgeous!

So have had a bit of an Epic break and just lining up the next project. A good friend of mine has always wanted a pre-heresy Death Guard army. He would have preferred 28mm, but I don't have £1000 and 5 years to spare so he is getting Epic instead :biggrin:

Don't normally do WIPs but just starting on these guys. I am using these MK3 prints and will accompany them with Legions Imperialis Land Raiders and Dreadnoughts, also Solar artillery and Baneblades painted in Legion colours. They will be multi system use but primarily Epic Space Marine/NetEpic which is his favourite version.

20240517_110156.JPG

Are these the Galactic Crusaders? They are perfect. 

3 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Are these the Galactic Crusaders? They are perfect. 

They are similar, but these ones are the later KMFP MK2 minis - I've had a look and actually couldn't find the files anywhere for download although there are printed versions for sale

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1634810665/epic-tactical-marines-mkii-project-8mm?click_key=afbebc86d4be6ce7ff69261bdfff4c837dc4c35f%3A1634810665&click_sum=1ce3a63c&external=1&ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-1&frs=1

I’m almost finished with my Dire Wolves and remaining Knights. I’m about to lose my mind, I lost one of my Atrapos Graviton arms and can’t find it anywhere. I’m not sure if GW can get me a replacement or I’m SOL. 

Posted (edited)

Ah that's a bummer @DuskRaider - did the time & space carpet wormhole vortex claim it? (Is there anything you can use as an alternative?)

I have finished some tester marines for a new Crusade-era Death Guard army. Really tried to keep the scheme simple as I'll be doing lots of these guys - so it was just a zenithal base, one wash, a dry brush and then the bottle green for the trim is a speed paint.

IMG-20240524-WA0001~3.jpg

Edited by Pacific81

Posted (edited)

Honestly I have no clue. I moved them a couple times before they ended up in the location they were in, so it could be in with other stuff. It could have also hit the floor when I took them out and we have a new puppy, so…

not really sure what I’d use as an alternative. I can try to appeal to GW and say I’ll also buy more but I don’t know if that would work. What a bummer…

Edit: just as soon as I posted this, I found it in with my LI tanks. Yay!

Edited by DuskRaider

4 hours ago, DuskRaider said:

I’m almost finished with my Dire Wolves and remaining Knights. I’m about to lose my mind, I lost one of my Atrapos Graviton arms and can’t find it anywhere. I’m not sure if GW can get me a replacement or I’m SOL. 

This file set is great if u got anybody who can print, replacement arm file is in there https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/at18-atropos-conversion-parts 

43 minutes ago, DuskRaider said:

Honestly I have no clue. I moved them a couple times before they ended up in the location they were in, so it could be in with other stuff. It could have also hit the floor when I took them out and we have a new puppy, so…

not really sure what I’d use as an alternative. I can try to appeal to GW and say I’ll also buy more but I don’t know if that would work. What a bummer…

Edit: just as soon as I posted this, I found it in with my LI tanks. Yay!

lol just saw that, nice. 

Good stuff, @Interrogator Stobz. Loving the markings at this scale.

4k of EpicAU's Heresy legion lists, Epic: Armageddon. The Death Guard gives the Iron Fourth a solid whooping, though Perturabo's disciples give a grand exit by driving down the XIV command elements with their final titan-assisted charge.

1192459-.png

More pics:

Spoiler

1192460-.png
1192461-.png
1192462-.png
1192463-.png
1192464-.png
1192465-.png
1192466-.png
1192467-.png
1192468-.png
1192469-.png
1192470-.png
1192471-.png
1192472-.png
1192473-.png
1192474-.png

Those are really good work @Interrogator Stobz! Think the colour combo is lovely, really helps break up the black and stands out. And that is some mega tiny freehand there. 

@SherrypieWhen I die, assuming I end up in heaven, there will hopefully be a table up there like that one to play endless games of Epic. I can say no more :D 

I have finished off a Battle Company of Crusade-era Death Guard. Have tried to go for a nice clean white and bottle green, to befit their pre-stained days, while the Legion still employed guys with turtle wax and buckets of water.

DG_BattleComp1.webp

The minis are mostly from a design by KMFP, with a few Vanguard characters thrown in. The bases are also prints, the whole lot were courtesy of mighty-minis-uk.com

DG_BattleComp2.webp

Finally, to tie in with the very early pre-heresy days of late 00's, where BOLS featured some Crusade-era Death Guard, this Baneblade which is the standard GW model with some marine crew added. I know these aren't possible in the Legions rules, but this force is going to be a gift for a very good friend of mine who almost certainly won't play with them - or if he does, will be Space Marine. 

DG_Baneblade1.webp

On 5/30/2024 at 8:51 PM, Pacific81 said:

Those are really good work @Interrogator Stobz! Think the colour combo is lovely, really helps break up the black and stands out. And that is some mega tiny freehand there. 

@SherrypieWhen I die, assuming I end up in heaven, there will hopefully be a table up there like that one to play endless games of Epic.

I think you may be in with a chance @Pacific81, but @Interrogator Stobz has clearly already sold his soul for the temporal power to paint legion symbols on an epic scale shoulder pad.

On 5/30/2024 at 10:51 PM, Pacific81 said:

@SherrypieWhen I die, assuming I end up in heaven, there will hopefully be a table up there like that one to play endless games of Epic. I can say no more :D 

I have finished off a Battle Company of Crusade-era Death Guard. Have tried to go for a nice clean white and bottle green, to befit their pre-stained days, while the Legion still employed guys with turtle wax and buckets of water.

DG_BattleComp1.webp

The minis are mostly from a design by KMFP, with a few Vanguard characters thrown in. The bases are also prints, the whole lot were courtesy of mighty-minis-uk.com

DG_BattleComp2.webp

Finally, to tie in with the very early pre-heresy days of late 00's, where BOLS featured some Crusade-era Death Guard, this Baneblade which is the standard GW model with some marine crew added. I know these aren't possible in the Legions rules, but this force is going to be a gift for a very good friend of mine who almost certainly won't play with them - or if he does, will be Space Marine. 

DG_Baneblade1.webp

Cheers Paz, here's hoping you'll still get to experience a lot of funky tables before finding out the escathological end-game of terrain availability :D

On the DG, are you sure you want to leave them that low on contrasting colours? The figures are very close to their basing and the Baneblade might do well with a lick of darker paint, at least in the tracks perhaps?

Yes.. cause I'm a lazy bastard and there ain't no way that I'm spending any more time painting them :biggrin: (Although may be the photo, macro lense struggled a bit with the colour so they have a bit more variation to the naked eye)

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! Those will be making an appearance on many bits of terrain and other diorama pieces I'm sure.

As a break from the marine bro-fest, just putting together some more Eldar. These are as a fragile as they look and no way they will survive transport and then a game, but thought I would have some fun with the posing of them.

20240612_105807.JPG

I've been on a modest build streak this week and put together all my SA Basilisks, Dracosans and Arvus Lighters. I have to say all the SA stuff seems much more sensibly planned and engineered. Much quicker to build, easy to clean up and very few ridiculously small parts to attach (just the tiny exhausts really). The Legion stuff seems much more over complex in comparison, I think I did all the Basilisks and Lighters in the same time it took me to do ONE of the Legion fast attack sprues.

Now I just the British summer to give me a half decent day so I can get them primed (June lol).

1.5k of Legions. The Word Bearers attempt a sneaky beach landing on Death Guard's islands, but have to slink back into the red tides after getting a thoroughly bloodied nose on the now wreckage-filled and burning sands.

@Pacific81 how about some island paradises in that hypothetical Epic heaven of yours, too :D ? Can't be *just* sand all the time, it's coarse and irritating and gets everywhere...

1193645-.png

Click for pics in spoiler!

Spoiler

1193646-.png
1193647-.png
1193648-.png
1193649-.png
1193650-.png
1193651-.png
1193652-.png
1193653-.png
1193654-.png

On 6/2/2024 at 1:41 PM, Pacific81 said:

Yes.. cause I'm a lazy bastard and there ain't no way that I'm spending any more time painting them :biggrin: (Although may be the photo, macro lense struggled a bit with the colour so they have a bit more variation to the naked eye)

I am putting transfers on the banner bearer and vehicles. Painting such very tiny stuff only hurts my eyes.

Edited by Deus_Ex_Machina

On 5/1/2024 at 12:21 PM, Sete said:

So when we having Legion specific stuff? 

I don´t think they will ever do this. Back in the 90s we never had specific units for the SM chapters either.

Edit:

I mean in model form.

Edited by Deus_Ex_Machina

Except there totally were Chapter specific units and characters in Space marine/Titan legions? I definitely recall the Space Wolves and Yarrik/Ghazkull, pretty sure there was death company and possibly others too.

Id be interested to see if/when they do Legion units because most of them differ very little from the standard versions at this scale, that said they do like going a bit too granular :D