Legions Imperialis & Epic hobby chat!

Pacific81

18 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Except there totally were Chapter specific units and characters in Space marine/Titan legions? I definitely recall the Space Wolves and Yarrik/Ghazkull, pretty sure there was death company and possibly others too.

Id be interested to see if/when they do Legion units because most of them differ very little from the standard versions at this scale, that said they do like going a bit too granular :D  

I meant in model form.

On 6/17/2024 at 12:04 AM, Sherrypie said:

1.5k of Legions. The Word Bearers attempt a sneaky beach landing on Death Guard's islands, but have to slink back into the red tides after getting a thoroughly bloodied nose on the now wreckage-filled and burning sands.

@Pacific81 how about some island paradises in that hypothetical Epic heaven of yours, too :D ? Can't be *just* sand all the time, it's coarse and irritating and gets everywhere...

1193645-.png

Click for pics in spoiler!

Reveal hidden contents

1193646-.png
1193647-.png
1193648-.png
1193649-.png
1193650-.png
1193651-.png
1193652-.png
1193653-.png
1193654-.png

Now nobody can claim anymore that the Death Guard live in a radioactive hellhole.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

I meant in model form.

Yes nothing in model form from what I can remember.

Although Legions is a larger scale and the miniatures are less abstract, so it could be a possibility. I wonder if they might do some sort of loyalist or traitor kit/sprue - one with some notable units from each Legion: EC noise marines, world eater berserkers etc.

You have to think of everything in terms of how they will sell it on a sprue and also keep the SKU/release volumes down, I think if it's possible to accommodate both of those things in a release then we may get it.

+Edit+ as an example of how abstract old Epic used to be when it was first released, and few minis available, we used to stick little banner poles onto bases of guardians or Orks to denote aspect warriors, Nobz etc :happy:

Edited by Pacific81

I guess they had a bit more freedom working in metal: hence the daemon primarchs.

If scale is the challenge then the most promising candidates might be the Ghal Vorbak and the Marha Ghal dreadnought for Word Bearers. Could be released as part of a “daemons and possessed” sprue, possibly with the rules allowing other traitor legions to have possessed marines as we move closer to the siege.

I think Legion-specific plastic sprues are unlikely, but not impossible. If we do see them, I think it's likely they'd be blister-sized, rather than boxes. Something like the Questoris Knight upgrade sprue, perhaps:

Questoris Knights Upgrade Sprue X 1 Titanicus / Legions Imperialis

That would allow space for fifteen or so infantry, and a couple of other things – perhaps a Legion-specific command squad, special Dreadnought etc. A blister with two such sprues and a transfer sheet would give you enough to create a minimum detachment (like the box model they're following), and fit with the Chapter upgrades sprues for 40k.

Given we've got Tallarn coming up, a theoretical Iron Warriors sprue like this could consist of:

• 2 x Iron Circle 
  • 10 x Iron Havocs
  • 5 x Iron Warriors command models

...and an Imperial Fists one:

• 10 x Templar Brethren
  • 10 x Phalanx Warders
  • 5 x Imperial Fist command models

Anyway, pure supposition. Given how minimal the visual differences are at this scale, I'm inclined to disbelieve the idea – but then the rules are weirdly granular, with individual Rhinos having different loadouts, so what do I know?

Id definitely expect resin myself, if the game had flown off the shelves maybe we might have gotten plastic upgrade sprues but we dont even get them for AoD as is.

Diddy resin Primarchs would be literally epic though :D 

Solid motor pool there, @Interrogator Stobz

5.5k of EpicAU, IW vs. Mech, 10'x4' table. The IV legion pushed aggressively forwards into the robotic boogaloo, perhaps too deep and too greedily even, as their frontline was raked by endless rain of plasma mortars and their Mortis Warhounds blown apart by the massed Ordinatii beams. After four rounds of white-bled attrition, both sides were in broken tatters but the Mechanicum had held firmer. They had won the skies and retained their biggest guns, leaving the Iron Warriors little choice but to eventually concede the field.

1194219-.png

Click for more pics in the spoiler!

Spoiler

1194220-.png
1194221-.png
1194222-.png
1194223-.png
1194224-.png
1194225-.png
1194226-.png
1194227-.png
1194228-.png

Also painted a happy little Minotaur battery for the game.

1194229-.png

Just saw that on Fb, lovely Terrain and massive collection of most excellent minis Brother. 

How is EpicAU compared with Epic Armageddon, 'scuse my ignorance of the older rules sets.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

2 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Just saw that on Fb, lovely massive collection Brother. 

How is EpicAU compared with Epic Armageddon, 'scuse my ignorance of the older rules sets.

Cheers Stobz, benefits of playing at an active club.

EpicAU is a list pack for Epic: Armageddon, just like NetEA, EpicUK, EpicFr and such are. They all use the same game rules, but have small differences in how they approach the armies. They would all be technically interplayable, since they use the same ruleset. EpicAU set out to make very expansive and flexible lists that attempt to translate most things found in the HH black books into E:A, which makes their lists quite powerful since they ignore most of the restrictions that are seen as pretty fundamental in stricter packs like NetEA or EpicUK. On the other hand, the Aussies seem to hate aircraft with a passion so that side is rather tame in comparison and so forth.