Traitor Champion Consul

I will start by saying I like the design, he looks bulky and menacing. Although I feel like the design doesn't fit for a champion ? The bulkiness and everything feels more like a I siege breaker or something. Imagine him with a tower shield and a thunder hammer or a graviton gun or something.

I also don't understands why games workshop comes out with a loyalist and traitor version of the same model ? It's so weird plenty of consul don't have a miniature or where exclusive and other factions don't have a preator

I feel like Forgeworld has kind of a management problem ? like multiple teams are working on separate project but there's no roadmap if that make sense. They are releasing thing so randomly. Why to champion consul so close to each other release it's so weird

Say what you want about GW and their release schedule. You might not like the influx of tanks that's being released but at least they follow the roadmap

so the legs are basically stolen from upcoming "modern" plastic MK.III kit while torso is stolen from centurion warsuit kit, right?

It looks like someone took tophalf of centurion warsuit and plonked it on new MK.3 legs and slapped backpack from it too, adding some armor panels

Huh, the extra detailing and extra greebles e.g. on the pack that makes it look a bit 3rd party are what make me really like this model! It feels like proper custom artificer plate for a high ranking officer without being too legion specific. That precise helmet wouldn't fit great in either of my legions, but that's an easy swap. Nice pose that's not too extreme but still has movement,

I'd love to do a veteran squad with a bunch of those backpacks, given one of the known weaknesses of MKIII is the stock powerplant struggles with the weight.

Awesome model. In fact I love it so much that I won't piratise him but ibstead order the model directly when I can at Forgeworlds website! 

GW is allowed to notice that they have done something right for once. 

After after thinking a bit about it, the meteor symbol mentioned above really reminds me of the classic military symbol for the artillery/ordnance arm: https://ammochiefs.com/ordnance-insignia/

Ammo-Heritage-pg-10-7.thumb.jpg.678bcd568e9cd2cfc7051940a4bedab5.jpg

So this mini could be a good Siegebreaker with a mkVI nuncio-vox bit on top of its backpack:

siegebreakerconsul.thumb.png.4d367767ef82620d1b4b319d9463f42e.png

Edited by lansalt

First thought was that he looks like a Transformer from the front. The helmet seems to look better from the side, at least - it's just the normal "knight" helmet with sort of a barbute-style plating on top.

I like him more than the other one, at least. All in all I think he would be pretty much perfect without the second plate on his gorget. I might scrape that off and stick an icon in its place.

25 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Fairly sure it's sculpted. The 'pupil' looks like it's 3D with the way they've highligh-... oh, no, I'm not going there. 

There's also 3 other eyes in the vanbraces and backpack, so this mini was pretty much designed as a Sons of Horus, IMO

3 hours ago, GhostMalone said:

Added to the project conversion list; throw on a breather shield and I have a nice zone mortalis contingent this bad boy would look good leading!

Yeah, I'm interested in this one - I'd already been considering the new Chaos Warrior shields as stand-ins for boarding shields on some Iron Warriors, throw in one of their unique grav-maces or hammers instead of the sword and it should look pretty good, a nice "heavy" stance. The helmet also looks suitably similar to Pyroclasts' ones that it can find a home in my Salamanders once the spike has been cut off.

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

Is the eye of Horus on the belt sculpted or simply painted on?

The belt eye seems to have a sculpted pupil, but the other ones that people referr to as eyes seems to lack that, making them eyes only if you want to paint them as such 

Looks very nice, though it looks more like what a DG/IW/IH/IF aligned artificer would artifice, instead of a distinctly traitorous one. Then again, the lines of distinction between traitor and loyalist designs are intentionally blurry. Hell, even the Eye of Horus/Aquila as a design element is non-specific with at least two legions (AL/EC).

Excellent proportions, excellent pose, brilliant silhouette all in all. But I see what others are saying. I absolutely agree with some fraters that the design of the armour is like the AI minis we see, there’s something about it that’s not warhammer if that makes sense. I think it’s the oblongs on the chest an knees that make me think of uparmoured infibirt

I really like the unhelmeted head. I mostly like the mini, but I'm not sure about the plastron or the gigantic shoulder pads. Those seem to be a fixture of 30k character design now, so I'd better get used to them, but I wish power armour could just have standardised pauldron sizes like the plastic kits do.
The details are nice, I like the comet designs and the cloak. The way it's pinned to the shoulders is cool, although it seems to be covering a couple of the vents on his power plant... aren't those heat exhausts? I hope it's fireproof!

1 hour ago, Lexington said:

I like this dude. My Heresy stuff is all Tortuga-scaled, so he's gonna be a bear to convert up, but it should be a fun project.

If he's similar height to the plastic praetors I think he should fit just right in, they are bigger than MkVI and I feel should scale quite well to tortuga bodies. 

A nice enough model though I would certainly want to switch out the back pack, I think the extra plates there are throwing me as it is others. The extra armour around the neck I don't mind. I could go either way on the head, if I ever did pick up this guy I think I would swap it out but this head isn't bad per se. He looks very imposing which I dig.

38 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

I do think its funny that the Loyalist Champion has literally no gorget while the Traitor Champion has such massive chin armour that it looks out of place (IMO).

The loyalist one looks like he has a DEX build with less armour for fast rolling, while the traitor opted for the high STR & high armour but swapped the combi for a pistol to not be completely bogged down.

Brilliant mini. Very cool. Glad to see they played around with the armour design this time instead of just adding a bunch filigree and bits. One of the best parts of 30k artwork is the truly unique suits of artficier armour you see from different artists. I hope they keep up the trend of loyalist and traitor consuls.

14 minutes ago, Iron Father Ferrum said:

I'd say he'd make for a good Iron Hand but for the pickelhaube spike and the sculpted Eye of Horus.  One's easier to remove than the other but both can be scraped off, I suppose...

Use the bare head and chop along the pupil part and sculpt the eye back into a gem. I imagine he'd make for a good Salamander as well.