MtO - Warhammer 40,000 Terrain

Joe

Just ordered the Skyshield landing pad and a Bastion. Wasnt too keen on the price of the Bastion but the Skyshield was okay actually. Feared way worse.

And more marine stuff coming soon.. My wallet is gonna bleed and my girlfriend is not gonna see me alot the next coming weeks :P

Edited by Sir Clausel

I'd braced myself for the Skyshield to be £50, at £40 I have no regrets.

I always had a half plan to make one of those combined Bastions where you use two kits to make a multi level bunker, but I can get better terrain for £80, so I'll hold back on that.

I always love a good huge terrain piece; the mega Bastion (2 kits) would be great with my collection, but the cost has me stalled ATM.

Especially with Epic/LI in waiting....

I predominantly play Kill Team in 28mm scale now and rarely play the main game because I'm still grumpy about Legends :laugh:, so some of the big stuff seems excessive.

Maybe with the rumoured KT flyers/jumpers expansion, they may be worth it.....

I'm defo selling myself into some spending :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

Does anyone have the UK prices? Every time I go to the site it comes up with an error for some reason.

Aeigs defense line - £30
Wall of Martyes: Defence line - £37.50
Wall of Martyes: Defense Emplacements - £30
Wall of Martyes: Imperial Bunker - £30
Imperial Bastion - £40
Skyshield Landing Pad - £40
Hero Bases -  £25
Sector Imperialis Large Base Detail Kit - £25 

13 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

I’ve been having the same all day, but not in a browser that I’m not logged into my account from. No idea if that’s just a me issue though.

Just got around it by clearing cookies so thanks for the heads up.

31 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Aeigs defense line - £30
Wall of Martyes: Defence line - £37.50
Wall of Martyes: Defense Emplacements - £30
Wall of Martyes: Imperial Bunker - £30
Imperial Bastion - £40
Skyshield Landing Pad - £40
Hero Bases -  £25
Sector Imperialis Large Base Detail Kit - £25 

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Up to 180 working days for shipping is the biggest topics IMO. Prices are aligned with usual policy so no surprise there... since I am waitng since 60 days for a product in the supported range, probability to get 6 months for a Legend piece of scenery is a no go...

Edited by Bouargh

@Bouargh it's always that way for MTO. They don't know how many to make until the order window closes, but I'm sure they've already started stocking up. When I bought a couple of MTO librarians last year they arrived within a week or two.

I prefer 'up to 180 days' over the new release pattern of 'try to order in the first 10 minutes then it's gone forever'.

1 hour ago, Bouargh said:

Up to 180 working days for shipping is the biggest topics IMO. Prices are aligned with usual policy so no surprise there... since I am waitng since 60 days for a product in the supported range, probability to get 6 months for a Legend piece of scenery is a no go...

When I've done MTO before zive waited max 2 weeks. 

I have to concur I'd rather they state that at the outset that it "could be upto 180" over the mad dash and stress of getting hold of stuff.

I've ordered direct AND from lgs before to make sure stuff is received. I hate the fomo model for new stuff and gw seems to have a short memory. There was a period where they got it right. However, old habits seem to be back.

They usually have made some of a MTO run already made, but the 180 days is in case they have to add another batch to that. It takes a decent bit of time to get all that stuff manufactured and sent out.

It's a fundamental property of a MTO manufacturing run, so it doesn't bother me.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Yeah ive had MTO turn up in regular order timeframes and also a couple of months later when id forgotten about it, they do them in order received apparently, so the sooner you order, the sooner you get em :D 

12 hours ago, templargdt said:

65 bucks for the skyshield is honestly pretty good, I was expecting 80.  I'm not going to do it, but it really is tempting.  It's a huge piece.

I'm seeing bastions on ebay going for between £75 and £150+, sky shield are not many on there but around £60 by the looks of things. I'm definitely getting a couple of the bastions while I can. I could get three for the same as one on ebay currently. :biggrin:

Has anyone built a skyshield landing pad before? I like both the up and down looks for the side panels, wondering if have to choose and glue them one way, or if clip on in such a way that you can continually move them. Don't want to have to buy two kits to get both looks if I don't have to!

8 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Has anyone built a skyshield landing pad before? I like both the up and down looks for the side panels, wondering if have to choose and glue them one way, or if clip on in such a way that you can continually move them. Don't want to have to buy two kits to get both looks if I don't have to!

You can move them up and down if you don't glue them in place, they are hinged so can move.

Edited by Doghouse