Warhammer Day (14th October) - Ancestors’ Wrath + Preview Stream

Really disappointed. I'm not into the Votann at all, and these StarCraft Marine ones are the worst of them, I think. Kind of a missed opportunity as an anniversary model too. I'm fine with the store-exclusive one, but this is such a letdown. Oh well, I guess I'll save some time and money by not getting this.

I think she’s pretty cool, but I prefer generic characters over named ones anyway. 

Are we sure that she is the 40th anniversary mini and not the warhammer day mini though, or would  they be the same?

15 hours ago, Arikel said:

I think she’s pretty cool, but I prefer generic characters over named ones anyway. 

Are we sure that she is the 40th anniversary mini and not the warhammer day mini though, or would  they be the same?

Yeah I'm not sure she is the 40th Anniversary model, she's clearly an event model and as a Votann/dwarf fan I'm very happy and will buy 2. Not sure they are going to release anything to celebrate the 40th anniversary -they certainly haven't so far. It would need to be a fantasy model if they do just one, Harry theHammer being the obvious one. Problem is some folk will be disappointed if its a faction they aren't into.

Hopefully they surprise us with something cool to finish the year.  

Well, the way GW seems to be low stock on lots of items at the moment I think we're lucky to even get a Celebration model :sweat:, I usually never seem to be able to get my hands on them anyway so I'm not really fussed by what it is to be honest,I would have thought a White dwarf in LoV armour would have been the ticket :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

fRLslTvTQF8Ej4ni.jpg

This parade of awesome articles will culminate on Saturday with an extra-special live reveal show on the Warhammer Twitch Channel. Things kick off at 2pm BST, and there’s a real welter of stuff to unveil: new books and miniatures for Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar, a new box and a new faction for Kill Team, and big news for Warhammer: The Old World.

On top of this packed preview, you can celebrate Warhammer Day with an exclusive commemorative miniature – The Ancestors’ Wrath, an Einhyr Champion from the Leagues of Votann. She will be available to pre-order on Saturday the 14th of October for two weeks only.

WarCom.

30 minutes ago, darkdark25 said:

New faction for Kill Team?

The rumoured Exodites?

It might be a faction that just hasn't got a Killteam Kit yet.

Like World Eaters or Yinnari.

Or it means a team that hasn't got a non-compendium Killteam kit yet.

Like Daemons, Custodes, Grey Knights or Death Guard.

Or a sub-faction that doesn't have any unit representation yet, like Exodites or Dark Mechanicus.

(Or they're using Killteam to give Knights some actual Chaff Infantry)

If we are getting Exodites in the Kill Team preview that would be very cool. Overall I'm not super excited for the preview, not really a complaint it's just that the factions I'm most interested in right now aren't likely to be there and that's ok. It will be neat to see what's coming up for Ad Mech and Necrons in any case.

Old world was alleged to drop in October so I wonder if we'll see launch boxes there.

I'm assuming for 40k it'll be codexes and solo models coming next, kill team - the striking scorpions that have been mooted? Assuming the marine scouts are in there as they didn't release with the marine codex.

I wonder if the New Killteam box (by now very likely to indeed be Scouts vs Striking scorpions) and New faction are two seperate announcements, or the new faction refers to the non scout side of the box, starting with analysing the second possibility;

Exodites, I have been waiting for them since I got my hand on the 2nd edition codex (when it was new ! .. Im old.) but an Exodite team in kill team would be like getting a White scar or Atillan Rough walkers (but with a pet pony!) kill team, yes, you can do it in the lore.. and they are probably nice miniatures but it also misses the point completely. ( Exodites are a born-in-the-saddle type, per lore their "infantry" are mostly allied rangers and if necessary corsairs and craftworlders.)

With that having been said, I think there is a good chance that the striking scorpions (the killteam at least) are exactly that.. a scorpion shrine that has been living with and protecting exodites for a very long time (or a similar background), away from the craftworld and the path system taking to a more individualistic lifestyle and equipment.  They could go warcry wild with it that way.

My first theory was that they (the KT build) might be a Ynnari and/or Corsair unit based on the striking scorpions core, but that would not be a new kill team faction in any sense of the word.

However, with the merger of the codex into a single Aeldari faction, would the above really count as a new faction ? It is not unlike warcom to have a bit of false information.

If its an announcement seperate from the box then there are more options, kill team was always a good place to present more obscure elements (but no, not exodites :p) but they only scratched the surface of that obscurity. And with a 40 year special show, it would be a good thing to have something truelly obscure resurface from those past 40 years.

But Im prepared to get a " Here is a brand new faction : Spacemarine Assault terminators" stab to the heart :p

20 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

It might be a faction that just hasn't got a Killteam Kit yet.

Like World Eaters or Yinnari.

Or it means a team that hasn't got a non-compendium Killteam kit yet.

Like Daemons, Custodes, Grey Knights or Death Guard.

Or a sub-faction that doesn't have any unit representation yet, like Exodites or Dark Mechanicus.

(Or they're using Killteam to give Knights some actual Chaff Infantry)

a 10man Unaligned Daemons killteam (maybe with some proto-cult daemon hints) like this :

8f932600ea2d976bc3624e8064cac119.thumb.jpg.d3a1dbbcbad10163b14c1aebd2ceba03.jpg

That could be very interesting, especially when putting in some tech elements. Plenty of room for unique operatives as well.

I could also easily see them call that a brand new faction for kill team (and to be fair... unaligned daemons are so rare.. Id actually consider it new enough ;) )

20 minutes ago, Mostwanted said:

I'm surprised and a little disappointed that there is nothing for The Hours Heresy there.

We already know what's coming really.

The "sooner than you think" box hasn't dropped yet, Fulgrim not on sale yet and we know it's mkvi assault marines up next. However, plastic solar auxilia would be nice to see. I reckon they'll hold off until LI drops.

Yeah we already know the next few months of Horus Heresy releases, some Necromunda or Epic stuff might be nice but they are in a similar bed pretty much unfortunately. 

Looking forward to KT mostly from this one, whether Exodites or Scorpions it should be interesting, Exodites have always had foot troops, cant have Knights without peasants after all even if the Dragon riders are iconic, the rest of the army still exists, same as White scars or Atillans. Pretty sure "new faction" is just marketing being crap and over promising again tbh

Old world is a big meh, and i think we know what to expect for the main systems dont we? Devil might be in the details ofc :D 

1 hour ago, 01RTB01 said:

Old world was alleged to drop in October so I wonder if we'll see launch boxes there.

I'm assuming for 40k it'll be codexes and solo models coming next, kill team - the striking scorpions that have been mooted? Assuming the marine scouts are in there as they didn't release with the marine codex.

It appears that LI took The Old Worlds October/November release so that may be next year now.

Looking forward to the previews even though 40k wise will be bare bones (though if thr rumours are correct we're getting plastic Orikan...just need Trazyn now)

Kill Team has me intrigued but like others, I suspect their definition of new faction might differ to ours.

I may be on the wrong forum here but I would have preferred to see a Fantasy model for the celebration.

Pleased for the Votann fans though. 

Also, no Heresy.....:cry:

2 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

It appears that LI took The Old Worlds October/November release so that may be next year now.

Looking forward to the previews even though 40k wise will be bare bones (though if thr rumours are correct we're getting plastic Orikan...just need Trazyn now)

Kill Team has me intrigued but like others, I suspect their definition of new faction might differ to ours.

Imotekh is coming afaik, not orikan.

It'd be odd to do Imotekh who has a fairly decent model and no exposure before Orikan and Trazyn who have the opposite of both :D 

*Edit* But then this wouldnt be the first time they chose a character to update via dartboard or ignored Black library's work

Edited by Noserenda

14 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Valrak posted a rumour video last week where a source had said Necrons were getting 3 character models, Imotek, Orikan and a generic character (I don't think he specified if it was an Overlord or cryptek though a multipart lord would be nice with the tachyon arrow overlord box locked to the new combat patrol). 

At the moment, Valraks sources have had a good track record with a lot of eyes on his kill team rumours to see if they land or not.

6 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Both of them are.. at least, thats the rumor now. Also a 3rd generic HQ lord, but I personally think thats not a new model, just the 9th edition Overlord model. ( since the Spacemarine captain also became available seperate.)

Admech one sounds like a Sicarian character from valraks description.

However I dont even think its 100% certain Necrons are shown at the preview event. Admech and Necrons codex are the only 40k winter releases, wich makes me think Necrons might be late winter ( Jan/Dec ) and the preview show might only focus on End of Autumn ( Kill team, Dawnbringers 3 ) and December.

Its still possible though that there are unroadmapped elements.. if I remember correctly Piety and Pain was also an early winter release after that new edition despite the 2 new characters within not accompanying their codexes immediately. We could see a box like that involving Spring release factions. Or a campaign book ( the vigilus ones were also around winter time after new editions I think.) and those could come before or after the codexes.

30 minutes ago, irlLordy said:

Imotekh makes sense to do, he was the most important Necron character before 9th ed and the Silent Kings return, and has lots of fun potential, given that himself and the Silent King don't get on. 

Was he though? I cant think of anything memorable Imotekh has done since he came out or any particularly interesting hooks he has compared to any other powerful overlord. Trazyn is far and away the main character of the Necron race outside of the Silent king and his model is diiiiire.