Warhammer Day (14th October) - Ancestors’ Wrath + Preview Stream

Yeah, Helbtecht wants a rematch, a new plastic kit would allow the Storm Lord to fight the primaris'ifed Grand Marshall (model wise). It would be interesting to see how a Necron civil war would play out, I could imagine Trazyn putting both of them in his museum :laugh:

I also think we may get a tease of what's coming after the Dark Angels/Chaos release in the road map in the form of Imperium/Xenos/Chaos place holder images.

My most out there guess with a one in a million shot of happening? They announce a new run of Space Hulk. That would be a shut up and take my money moment.

4 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Yeah, Helbtecht wants a rematch, a new plastic kit would allow the Storm Lord to fight the primaris'ifed Grand Marshall (model wise). It would be interesting to see how a Necron civil war would play out, I could imagine Trazyn putting both of them in his museum :laugh:

I also think we may get a tease of what's coming after the Dark Angels/Chaos release in the road map in the form of Imperium/Xenos/Chaos place holder images.

My most out there guess with a one in a million shot of happening? They announce a new run of Space Hulk. That would be a shut up and take my money moment.

Would be a bit early to extend the 40k roadmap imho, even with subtler teases... Dark Angels, Tau, Orks, Custodes and CSM are spring 2024.. thats pretty much the coming 7 or 8 months with alot of preview events even months before that roadmap ends. At most I could see them doing a silhouette or "rumor engine sized" ( like the one with the skitari marshal, lelith etc. ) but even there Id expect only the spring releases really.

As far as I remember the roadmaps we got where really (and for 40k still is ) unprecedented far ahead, to think they would extend it more would be really suprising.

To be fair that article has actually done its job and piqued my interest in the stream.  After the lackluster reveal of the Anniversary model last week (nice model but not what was needed for this release) I was pretty ambivalent about the whole thing.

Glad to see Kill Team is back.  After the increasing debacle that was trying to get hold of product last season I was pretty burned out on KT.  Maybe GW have got it right holding off the new season so far.  Everyone has been having a good time with the ItD ruleset and a lot of the anger has subsided.  Though you still can't get a Inquisitorial KT for love nor money.

Surprised at the lack of LI.  A 40 year stream to help rebuild hype for the return of a much loved classic system seems a missed opportunity.  Particularly if the rumours of a late Oct release are true.

Hopefully the book reveals for 40K will push the Codex roadmap deeper into next year, and pick up the pace!

On 9/18/2023 at 11:37 AM, Doghouse said:

I think the logic may be celebrate with the newest army but personally think it should have been a revamped Pedro Cantor and Thrugg Bullneck set from the original Battle at the Farm scenario in the Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader rulebook.

Man, I’d just mail GW my wallet for that.  Or an updated larger Slambo.

Well, drifting slightly off-topic, but pre 9th, Imotekh was the main character of the main Necron dynasty (the one in all the codex paint jobs), and the named "phaeron" representative. Hook wise, he cut off Helbrecht's hand, and then had his ship destroyed by Helbrecht in revenge, as well as constantly trying to expand his territory. 

Trazyn is one overlord, but he's not a phaeron, or particularly that important. He's a great character, and has the excuse to turn up anywhere "collecting", but necron lore wise, he's more Lukas the Trickster, than Ragnar or Grimnar.

Edited by irlLordy

12 minutes ago, Xirix said:

I wonder if crons are going to get more of the specific Crypteks, because if I'm right, there's 5 special types like Chronomancer etc, but only 3 have official models?

4 have models (Chronomancer, Technomancer, Psychomancer, Plasmancer) but the Plasmancer is only available in the Royal Court since it was a Indomitus model.

I'm not big in Necron lore but going by Lexicanum there seem to be two more "big" Cryptek types in Ethermancers and Geomancers. These also have "Harbringers" titels like the other Cryptek models and about as much description about what they do and their gear.

But in addition there are multiple other Crypteks with less info about them: Datamancers, Dimensionalists, Observationers and Voidmancers. So if GW wants to introduce more Crypteks they have quite a few to choose from.

Edited by Matrindur

Crons have models for technomancers (old cryptek), psychomancer, chronomancer and plasmancer along with character crypteks in Orikan and Szeras.There are a few more types of cryptek mentioned in lore all right, but the only likely cryptek addition would be a foot technomancer with canoptek control node, as that doesn't currently have a model.

Some type of 'mancer is probably a safe bet, whether its a normal one or a special character there's this rumour engine from 2020:

2021-11-16(1).jpg.4536fa4be363d1be4d2dab48d29ba55d.jpg

The tessalation effect matches the effect on the Psychomancer's spooky skull:

Screenshot_20231003-102347.thumb.png.42b9d4300b78c2f90d57dd4535d2bc32.png

Admech and Crons being the next codex releases, I'd probably say they're the safest bets for reveals. There's very little in the rumour engine that looks Admech IMO.

I do expect they'll probably do the quick highlight video to show a couple of models entirely in shadow similar to this:

https://youtu.be/bIM9zLg3J5Q?si=suQ8Rv7Tlxt-NGec

Slightly offtopic ( or maybe it turns out it isnt.. hence why I put it here.)

But they have this 40 years of warhammer weekly thing as we are all aware, showcasing roughly chronological miniature releases.. and taking each week to look into that miniatures history or aligned history. Right now we have reached the screamer killer, and Im really wondering what the last one would be then. Are they building up to something new, or just a tease for the preview show. Might even be something not teased/roadmapped before on purpose.

Imho likeliest candidate is something for the Old world or AoS... however.. this is a 40k forum so I focus on that, in order of likelyness ( or rather least unlikelyness)

- Nothing new, just Updated Terminators, but perhaps including a tease of the future of terminators, the assault terminators or Spacehulk ( wich gets repeated so many times.)

- New Striking Scorpion, with a further look into aspect warriors in general ( I dont think they have) and also teasing in the article with an "all will be revealed in the preview show" ending, Even as an eldar fan... this would kind of feel like a cop out.

- just HH Fulgrim, but looking into their old miniatures both 40k and HH, and then accompany this with a tease of teases for 40k fulgrim/emperors children.

- Kharandras, similar to the striking scorpions article, though a little more spectacular and Kharandras himself accompanying a winter release campaign book or vs box wich kicks off events that will eventually accumulate into the emperors children release.

- The Emperor (HH), in plastic. A big wham on its own, overshadowing the HH mystery army release he spearheads and will also be teased a bit in the article ( wich is just new plastic stuff for Talons.. they never used the word new.) -- this one could actually explain some things ( altough each can be explained by something else too.) like HH absence, lack of 40k releases during winter.

Annoyingly I cant find an easy list of what came before, so its just a few articles I know what got covered. Did admech get any article at all for example ?

Im also going from the assumption with those wild guesses that whatever 40 is, it either has been or will be a released in this year.

19 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic but I think we've already seen the final model:

4gGAoeo1rNGMgxia.thumb.jpg.9d38827f70d4ce20588c298a8c39e034.jpg

I'll be very surprised to see something/s else to be totally honest :sweat:

I would have definitely agreed if they didnt have a recent Votann feature already. Though my list is mostly to have some enthusiastic thought processes... if 40k Id realistically expect it to be just be the new terminators without any future tease, as I dont think terminators have featured in an article before ?

While I'm expecting the same as @TrawlingCleaner, a 40 week long publicity stunt ending with a model that's already been revealed (one advertised multiple times already in the lead up to warhammer day) feels... wrong somehow. It seems like a _lot_ of effort to advertise a pretty banal model for a fledgling faction, considering they've even been using models that have no modern equivalent for sale on their website.

Could it be the Votann model is "just" the warhammer day model, and there is a "40 years celebration model" to come? It's certainly not impossible

I'm not sure it works like that. Wasn't there a Veteran Sergeant/Primaris Lieutenant for an anniversary? A fairly plain space marine around 2017 for the 30th anniversary of 40k?

I could be conflating that with A.N.Other Primaris limited model though. 

4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Ha, didnt realise it was a model per year, it started strong with interesting/nostalgic old models and felt a lot more indulgent recently, but now that makes sense! :D 

I totally missed this aspect as well, that does make the choices make a lot more sense.  As the screamer killer is from this year be interesting to see if next weeks is a model from the future.

11 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

I'm not sure it works like that. Wasn't there a Veteran Sergeant/Primaris Lieutenant for an anniversary? A fairly plain space marine around 2017 for the 30th anniversary of 40k?

I could be conflating that with A.N.Other Primaris limited model though. 

Huh, you're right, completely forgotten about that one: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/07/warhammer-40000-turns-30-and-theres-a-new-model-to-celebrate/

But then I remember this one from the 25th anniversary:

image.jpeg.ac92332032639c72c66bba0f07bd2f35.jpeg

And of course this one for the 30th anniversary of space marines:

image.jpeg.bc50814cb68b4685500c264e4851592f.jpeg

But none of these three had an advertising campaign that was so long going. And I don't know what this "40 years of warhammer" thing could be called appart from an advertising campaign.

39 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

But none of these three had an advertising campaign that was so long going. And I don't know what this "40 years of warhammer" thing could be called appart from an advertising campaign.

According to rumours it was very likely a countdown to the announcement at Warhammer Day of the Old World launch but that is rumoured to be moved back since Legions Imperialis took the November launch slot. So its likely we will still see at least something special for the Old World on Warhammer day, maybe the launch boxes?

So if the final 40 years of Warhammer is a reveal instead of just an already existing model is could be an Old World model that also serves as the teaser model for Warhammer day the following Saturday in the same way Klonk was the teaser model for Nova

Edited by Matrindur

On 10/3/2023 at 10:29 AM, TrawlingCleaner said:

Some type of 'mancer is probably a safe bet, whether its a normal one or a special character there's this rumour engine from 2020:

2021-11-16(1).jpg.4536fa4be363d1be4d2dab48d29ba55d.jpg

The tessalation effect matches the effect on the Psychomancer's spooky skull:

Screenshot_20231003-102347.thumb.png.42b9d4300b78c2f90d57dd4535d2bc32.png

Admech and Crons being the next codex releases, I'd probably say they're the safest bets for reveals. There's very little in the rumour engine that looks Admech IMO.

I do expect they'll probably do the quick highlight video to show a couple of models entirely in shadow similar to this:

https://youtu.be/bIM9zLg3J5Q?si=suQ8Rv7Tlxt-NGec

It kind of matches the psychomancer's phantasm. But I think it's closer to the degradation on the Tesseract Vault and the phasing on the Void Dragon, both C'tan related effects. IMO, that rumour engine is Nightbringer's scythe.

2 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I think Old World full reveal is a big enough deal for 40 years of warhammer.

Rumours indicate the starter(s) will only have a handful of new models, the others being the old plastics from way back when. It was a moribund game at the time, those people who still played the game have migrated to Kings of War or Conquest if they wanted the rank and file experience, or to AoS if they wanted the newer models. Releasing a new version of that game with models a decade old (if not more!) is not going to be such a massive deal :(

2 hours ago, Doctor Perils said:

Rumours indicate the starter(s) will only have a handful of new models, the others being the old plastics from way back when. It was a moribund game at the time, those people who still played the game have migrated to Kings of War or Conquest if they wanted the rank and file experience, or to AoS if they wanted the newer models. Releasing a new version of that game with models a decade old (if not more!) is not going to be such a massive deal :(

Not to mention it is a significantly pared back version of the "Old World" in terms of available factions.

Even some of the stuff they hyped up at the start turned into - well maybe later because it actually doesn't fit into the narrative we came up with (that just so happens to justify a smaller scope).

Add that to the pseudo AoS good-vs-evil thing they tried and the lack of real progress shown so far, and my Spidey-senses are tingling.

Now, the way GW hyped the game back when it was announced... yeah, that would have justified a bigger announcement.