40k Battleforces rumours

17 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

The WE box has no discount at any 3rd party, is this the start of selective discount at 3rd parties based off demand in equivalent products?

Got mine at 5% discount from my Friendly Local Gaming Store, but now it is not available anymore there.

Captain Danjou

16 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

The WE box has no discount at any 3rd party, is this the start of selective discount at 3rd parties based off demand in equivalent products?

Its not a great sign but when a box is that popular i guess they can do what they want. First site I checked was sold out by the time I received their newsletter saying they were available.

At least it was easier to order than some of the recent killteam releases, probably only because of there being 6 variants + AOS to dillute the buying frenzy. 

1 hour ago, Mogger351 said:

More that said stores are struggling financially due to inflation and can’t afford large blanket discounts anymore 

2 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

More that said stores are struggling financially due to inflation and can’t afford large blanket discounts anymore 

Yeah I think this is local because all my FLGS have the same discount on all the boxes. (either 15 or 20% off.)

I know Dark Sphere catch flak for not having a free shipping threshold, but by the look of today they're one of the only third party stores that always give their top rate of discount and don't opportunistically cut it when it suits them. Seen more than a few today who would normally do 15 or 20% off taking advantage of the demand and only discounting by 10-11%.

I mean I know it's up to them to do what they want but it leaves a sour taste.

The store I often use only discounted by £0.01 for the battleforce this year but offer discounts for additional purchases.

I'll be miffed, however, if they don't fulfill the order because they don't receive enough stock given that I could have bought it direct from GW with free shipping.

That said, they've not let me down yet.

Element got so few boxes allocated you could only buy them in-store...

24 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

I'm seeing stores that normally offer 20% off rrp instead offering 10% for all but 2 boxes which are full RRP.

I want stores to do well, buy when it's applied unevenly based on demand for equivalent products it will always make the customer feel a bit jilted.

I couldn't manage the full £140 so I simply haven't got one, but when I see the only one of 10 boxes I was interested in not getting a discount it does suck.

18 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

I know Dark Sphere catch flak for not having a free shipping threshold, but by the look of today they're one of the only third party stores that always give their top rate of discount and don't opportunistically cut it when it suits them. Seen more than a few today who would normally do 15 or 20% off taking advantage of the demand and only discounting by 10-11%.

I mean I know it's up to them to do what they want but it leaves a sour taste.

This.

Can't find a single source that sells the battleforce. Even GW seems to have sold out on their stock. My regular supplier stated he might receive some more next week but he can't give a guarantee. Considering GW sold out their own stock I don't see it happening.

*scratches head* that suppliers are sold out I can understand if they get X allocation. That GW sells out is absurd. If you have a product that sells out within an hour or 2 you should turn the product in a made to order. This is a guaranteed instant shift of your inventory, I don't understand which economic analyst at their HQ doesn't push the board to produce more  products that are a guaranteed instant sell. Its already proven with the Indomitus box that people are willing to wait for a restock. So whats the issue of MtO? 

57 minutes ago, pawl said:

Most boxes out of stock in most places, but Wayland seem to have some still.

Past experience tells me never to trust that Wayland actually have the stock they claim they do. Long history of overselling and underdelivering.

1 minute ago, Halandaar said:

Past experience tells me never to trust that Wayland actually have the stock they claim they do. Long history of overselling and underdelivering.

I've heard the same myself, though never had issues personally.

I got lucky - forgot that it was today, checked my phone at 12 and managed to get the seraphon and IG boxes from Hobby Workshop, who have consistently delivered for me. =]

1 hour ago, Emurian said:

So whats the issue of MtO? 

My suspicion is if it wasn't limited stock FOMO buying then they wouldn't sell as much. I think MtO would reduce demand.

Edit: unless you mean MtO but with a brief cut off date you have to order by. That I see no sense in not doing.

Edited by SpaceDwalin

20 minutes ago, pawl said:

I've heard the same myself, though never had issues personally.

I got lucky - forgot that it was today, checked my phone at 12 and managed to get the seraphon and IG boxes from Hobby Workshop, who have consistently delivered for me. =]

Yeah Hobby Workshop is my go-to store these days, although they are another one who usually offer 20% off on preorders and only did a flat £15 (~11%) off on the 40K boxes today.

Also their website went down under the weight of traffic at 1000 and although I got back in at 1006 my first choice box was already sold out by then.

Edited by Halandaar

35 minutes ago, SpaceDwalin said:

My suspicion is if it wasn't limited stock FOMO buying then they wouldn't sell as much. I think MtO would reduce demand.

Edit: unless you mean MtO but with a brief cut off date you have to order by. That I see no sense in not doing.

Totally agree on the FOMO driving sales. I think the trouble with an MTO is that to satisfy the Christmas box demand, they'd probably have to run it in late September at the latest, which may not feel very festive. My assumption is that they've got a revenue target they're trying to hit with this promotion, and that beyond a certain point there is diminishing return to offering the discount boxes, knowing they'll make gift-card fueled full-price sales in the first quarter.

The fact the space marine one is still in stock vs. all the others being gone says it all. We'll see how long that stands but very clearly it was a complete failure if all others sold out that fast.

However I do agree, MtO is just money on the table waiting to be made at this point.

4 minutes ago, chapter master 454 said:

The fact the space marine one is still in stock vs. all the others being gone says it all. We'll see how long that stands but very clearly it was a complete failure if all others sold out that fast.

Well yeah, it was predictable too, everything is against it. It had the lowest discount percentage out of all ten sets, what discount there was consisted entirely of the Outriders (that have been readily available via starter sets and 2nd hand market for three years) and the consistently mocked "Mario Kart" ATV, and a lot of people who actively wanted the Jump Intercessors probably bought them in the release wave just a few weeks ago. It would make more sense as next year's box tbh.