40k Battleforces rumours

I think the funny part is even if they had made it themed to the 1st company detachment, it would of sold far better. People want terminators and elites, not this awkward hodge podge of discount Ravenwing! Sorry White Scars, you are very clearly not the mounted chapter. That's the Dark Angels. Oh you thought they were the hyper elite, they are that too...also the super tech marines too btw.

Dark Angels are like the Ultramarines but instead on unit options. Why do they get to be Ancient Tech, Super Speed and Super Elite? Feels like when Ultramarines got Telion and Cronus, clearly a Raven Guard and Iron Hands centric characters in theme.

The rest of the boxes seem decent. The Imperial Guard one is somewhat hilarious but certainly not bad; 2 rogal dorns is pretty nice.

Why would they do a terminator box when they surely sold ridiculously well? Better to theme a box around fast attack and clear out a few other stinkers from the fast attack section, its space marines, itll probably sell out immediately anyway :D 

28 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

its space marines, itll probably sell out immediately anyway :D 

I don't know, it's the lowest level of discount offered across all the 40K boxes, and that discount is made up entirely by units that are of questionable desirability. Just buying the Captain and Jump Intercessors costs £130, so if you don't want or need the Outriders and ATV (and don't have the inclination to sell them on) then you aren't getting any extra value out of rushing to get this battleforce, you might as well just buy the standalone kits when it suits you.

And several of the SM battleforce from last year stuck around for ages. It's not impossible to find some of them for sale even now.

I like the Nid box, and if I decided to collect LoV their box is good too. But I can't really afford these- I picked up 3 KT boxes this year (Into the Dark, Soulshackle and Ashes of Faith) as well as a copy of Combat Arena Lair of the Beast AND I allowed the auto-renew of my WH+ to proceed (I didn't set out to do this- I thought I had cancelled at the end of Year One... But the autorenew kicked in, cancelled my cancelation, so I found out I was owed a Chaos Termie; by the time I resolved the Termie issue, year three was already moving, so I figured "Hey, money already came out, rather than fight for a refund, I might as well just take the Vampire for Archon conversion and let it ride).

That was more money than I wanted to spend this year, so if I do spend any more at all before the new year, it's going to have to be a box of such magnificence that I can't go without it.

9 hours ago, chapter master 454 said:Sorry White Scars, you are very clearly not the mounted chapter. That's the Dark Angels. Oh you thought they were the hyper elite, they are that too...also the super tech marines too btw.

As a white scars player this statement hits deep and is unfortunately also true. White scars are masters of mounted warfare in fluff only.

Tempted by the World Eaters one, that plus a combat patrol is probably a decent start (also pretty much the entire World Eaters range but…). Guard is also tempting, been considering a Blood Pact style traitor guard force after rereading Gaunts Ghosts. I do like how almost everything is at least pretty recent in this years boxes, if not very recent.

Really tempted by the nids one but:

1 - I cant really afford it at the moment.

2 - I expect it will be sold out faster than I'd be able to purchase a copy anyway.

3 - I am trying to be good and work though Levithan before buying anything else

But I really, really want it!

3 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

The Guard box is perfect for me. I just need to decide if I want to pull the plug.

I'm only interested in the larger tanks, and in my mind I am imagining a Shadowsword or Baneblade, flanked by two Rogal Dorns.

A Baneblade is the only thing I'll be buying besides this guard box for a while. 

After a bit of time to digest them it's actually a strange year for me; the two factions I'm actively working on in both systems are all included (Marines, Tyranids, Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon) but not one of them has a box that's really desirable to me.

I've already spoken about Marines being no good unless you actually want the bikes and ATV, Slaves and Seraphon both have too much overlap with their army launch sets and/or Vanguard boxes which would leave me with too many unwanted duplicates and for Tyranids, typically the Norn Emissary was the only kit from the main release that I bought as I didn't think there was any chance they'd include the brand new centrepiece mini in a bundle until at least next year :rolleyes: So although I would like Hormagaunts and Genestealers to expand my swarm, too much of the box value is tied up in the Emissary (got one and don't fancy the Assimilator) and Hive Tyrant (already got two) for it to be worth it for me.

Not to say there's nothing tempting here; the Votann box combos perfectly with the minis I have from the army set and the Guard one seems good too. Maybe one of those projects might get brought forward a bit!

5 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

The Guard box is perfect for me. I just need to decide if I want to pull the plug.

I'm only interested in the larger tanks, and in my mind I am imagining a Shadowsword or Baneblade, flanked by two Rogal Dorns.

It's a pretty excellent supplement if you bought the Guard Combat Patrol too. You double your infantry and Command elements, and you get some really heavy armour into your collection.

17 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

I am not going to get this one as a space marine player. I have enough outriders, Nd just don't like the look of the ATV. 

Some of the others are tempting, including the other system ones.

Agreed. I do want the new jump troops and captain, but I don't need 15 and I don't have an immediate use for the Captain. Plus I've got outriders from the Imperium magazine already stashed in the pile of potential and no desire for any ATVs. 

The Guard one however does tempt me as I need more cadian infantry for my 40k AM/30k Militia force and I quite like the Dorn and have no tanks currently for my AM.

The Tyranid box is really tempting, as I could use all of that. But I'm not sure I want to grab that many models at once. I have a tendency to buy a ton of stuff when I start new armies and never finish half of it, and I'm trying really hard to not do that again this time around. But that big of a discount on stuff I actually want all of is hard to argue with...

1 hour ago, Tyriks said:

The Tyranid box is really tempting, as I could use all of that. But I'm not sure I want to grab that many models at once. I have a tendency to buy a ton of stuff when I start new armies and never finish half of it, and I'm trying really hard to not do that again this time around. But that big of a discount on stuff I actually want all of is hard to argue with...

Pretty much why I put in my pre-order for the nid and guard boxes. I can use all of them. Was going to do the votann as well, but I don't need another land fortress or champion. Plus at my limit on two boxes.