40k Battleforces rumours

None of the boxes are a must have for me, but a friend of mine really wants Angron as a proxy for a bloodthirster, in our group he will be allowed as one. Angron is just a glorified Bloodthirster anyway.  ;) I am thinking to convert the Zerkers as chosen for my IW, and with some imagination, the Eightbound can be proxy possessed, same base size and they look kinda possessed, and are according to the fluff too. So we might split it between us, if the prize is good, but I would not cry if I don't get it.

Cpt.Danjou 

14 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

They usually get... well, at least 1. Although in recent years GW have definitely had the majority of them, given limited supply. 

FLGS in my area tend to get more then that. Last year they managed to fill their pre-order quota plus had 2 or 3 of each just for sale. Think he still has one of the AoS bundles on the shelf. 

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

FLGS in my area tend to get more then that. Last year they managed to fill their pre-order quota plus had 2 or 3 of each just for sale. Think he still has one of the AoS bundles on the shelf. 

My FLGS has always had at least a few out on shelves, too. Though they usually don't last very long.

2 hours ago, Tyriks said:

My FLGS has always had at least a few out on shelves, too. Though they usually don't last very long.

We still have some of the Battleforces from two years ago on the shelf in a couple of stores near me.

To echo those above it depends.  One of the stores near me still had a Lumineth Realm-lords army set (the launch box) until 6 months ago, they STILL have 2 Ravenstrike battleboxes and 3 LoV army sets..and 8 dominion boxes (lool)

I don't think I need any of them. WE kit I already have all the models and don't even need any more, and I've given up on Space Marines for the time to focus on my Chaos and Aeldari  armies. Heck even if I was wanting to expand my Space marines, those models are not what I want.

Availability varies, but last year my LGS had approximately six of each battleforce. The Knight boxes were gone the first day, but there was at least one of the others a week later. In prior years they received far fewer and they sold much faster. GW seems willing to play Father Christmas and produce heavily. (The AOS ones tend to hand out well into the summer of the following year.) 

3 hours ago, Blurf said:

The Marine ones especially tend to sit around for a while in my area.

I have a feeling this one will as well. The Outriders and ATV are not particularly popular. The new Assault Squads are nice but not very exciting with such limited wargear. I certainly wouldn't be looking to run 3 squads of them and I play Blood Angels. 

This will be the first generic Marines battleforce that I won't be getting a single copy of. The highwater mark to date was the Shieldbreaker Strike Force, which I got three of. This one just manages to put all of the models I'm not impressed by into a single box. Good lookin' out, GW.

6 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

This will be the first generic Marines battleforce that I won't be getting a single copy of. The highwater mark to date was the Shieldbreaker Strike Force, which I got three of. This one just manages to put all of the models I'm not impressed by into a single box. Good lookin' out, GW.

Yeah I didn't get that one and kick myself for it all the time.

44 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

It's about a month earlier than usual, which throws my budget planning out somewhat.

Yeah, with some books released earlier then expected, no proper release date for LI + add some real life expenses this month( though can't blame GW for this:sweat:)

41 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

I didn't spy an extended preorder period either

I think it's two weeks always now:huh:

4 hours ago, Nova-V said:

That is a real curve ball budget wise.  Many people plan for these in the next pay packet.  Very surprised at no KT this week.

Yep, was expecting Kill Team this month and Battleforces next month so budgeted accordingly.

What frustrates me is that because GW keep the release schedule on such a short leash, there's no way to know Kill Team won't be out the following week. That means as someone who wants both but has only budgeted for one this month, I'm going to have to either buy the battleforce and risk missing out on KT if it comes out the following week, or skip the battleforce to make sure I've got money for Kill Team, which might not even be out this month so I'd have missed out on a battleforce for no reason. Very annoying to have to make decisions without all the information.

We'll know in a few hours anyway but the same source who said Battleforces would be next which turned out true, said they would be 150€ which would be over 40% discount for all of them, going up to nearly 50% for some and 20€ less than last year.