Codex: Space Marine + Model pre-orders next week (30/09)

12 minutes ago, Thoridon said:

"As far as the Terminators go, we had the original design by Jes Goodwin, and that was a big influence on the five new miniatures in the Leviathan boxed set. The job of designing the multi-build kit was then passed to me, so I had a lot to work from, and we had to think of all the things people would want – it always baffled us that the Sergeant couldn’t be armed with a power fist, for example."

Terminator sergeant no longer locked into the power sword? I sure hope that's what they're saying!

Would be pretty funny if they are calling that out but then still lock him to a power sword

Well. For me i need to get the terminator kit. They're terminators, come on. While I do have a second set of leviathan termies theplan is to stick assault arms on them in the future to differentiate them from the inevitable future assault termie set.

Sternguard are tempting but I already have two sets of leviathan ones, as well as some kind of ones. Undecided. Might just source bits from them

JP intercessors are a must, only question is timing of aquiring them given the CP rumors...

Command squad is not strictly neccesary but I want one. With all the captain models now im glad i can sort of hide most of them as more sword brethren

Termie chappy is Termie + Chappy. Enough said.

JP captain is also something I want though ill probably differentiate him up a fair bit.

So crusade is growing a fair bit but I feel like Id probably unload some  other older models to make room for these rather than not get most of what is on offer now.

30 minutes ago, unrealchamp88 said:

Hopefully this is the case. But then, wouldn't they need to give a reason to keep the power sword? Perhaps veterans with the generic "power weapon" profile will get 'Fights First'?

Perhaps the power sword will simply come with more attacks.

I've got 2 sets of the Leviathan Termies so will not get these, at least until the Deathwing kits come out so I can have some Knights at least, that'll be when I pick up more Termies. The Assault Marines I'm none too fussed over either so it'll just be the book and cards for me this time I think. Especially as I've already been adding more stuff already this month. 

16 hours ago, Forté said:

Don't forget in the UK:

Lvlup Games

Goblin Gaming

Firestorm Games

The Outpost

And many more, also have stockist discounts and often better stock control and customer service than Wayland.

Also Dark Sphere, Element Games and Triple Helix Gaming to add to the list (would it be worth having a list curated somewhere for this? Just a random thought to help newer fraters :) )

1 hour ago, Iron Father Ferrum said:

*laughs in Apothecary Biologis*

I have one but it's no Hobbit breakfast.

1 hour ago, Thoridon said:

"As far as the Terminators go, we had the original design by Jes Goodwin, and that was a big influence on the five new miniatures in the Leviathan boxed set. The job of designing the multi-build kit was then passed to me, so I had a lot to work from, and we had to think of all the things people would want – it always baffled us that the Sergeant couldn’t be armed with a power fist, for example."

Terminator sergeant no longer locked into the power sword? I sure hope that's what they're saying!

There's been a photo of a TDA Sgt with a power fist since the Nova teaser.

2Wt7In64SofZUAka.thumb.jpg.07dda0e84297bac9f5c7e8f292aeed0e.jpg

Edited by Forté
Added pic

14 minutes ago, Starlight_Wolf said:

Also Dark Sphere, Element Games and Triple Helix Gaming to add to the list (would it be worth having a list curated somewhere for this? Just a random thought to help newer fraters :) )

Element, Dark Sphere, and Wayland I actually don't recommended, personally. Have had issues with all 3. 

55 minutes ago, milddead said:

I can’t wait to get my hands on the new codex.

Yep. Looks like the "Primaris" keyword is officially gone. We knew it was happening, of course, but interesting to see how GW actually executed on it from a rules perspective.

2 hours ago, Forté said:

I have one but it's no Hobbit breakfast.

There's been a photo of a TDA Sgt with a power fist since the Nova teaser.

2Wt7In64SofZUAka.thumb.jpg.07dda0e84297bac9f5c7e8f292aeed0e.jpg

Don't think I'd seen this image before, the targeter on the Cyclone guys fist is a nice callback to the RT and 2nd Edition iterations

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

Don't think I'd seen this image before, the targeter on the Cyclone guys fist is a nice callback to the RT and 2nd Edition iterations

That was straight from the Warhammer Community Nova Open article.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/31/nova-open-previews-space-marine-terminators-fire-up-the-teleport-homer-and-prepare-for-rapid-ingress/

The TDA Captain also has power fist and combi-weapon options.

T2u8Cvsn2Lg3Hk2n.thumb.jpg.fced56454b8548d954207467aa3f13c3.jpg

52 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

All those targeters are part of the most insidious of Cawls near heretical "innovations"; Redundancy!!! :eek:

Remind me... how many hearts, lungs, and kidneys do space marines have again? :P

I'm tempted by the Sternguard and Company Heroes (keep wanting to write Company Of Heroes) for the bits - which is surpising since I dislike primaris marines - but at least the veterans have character and I can whack some Mk VII helmets on them and just pretend it's Mk VIII armour.. The Termies for me are a surefire winner - slightly sad the captain can't take a storm shield and thunderhammer though!

There's something that I just plain don't like about that new Terminator Chaplain, oh yeah, it's the face mask. It's a bit too Primaris Reiver. Chaplains just don't look right without a full skull helmet IMHO

The rest are all fine and dandy. 

20 minutes ago, The Spitehorde said:

There's something that I just plain don't like about that new Terminator Chaplain, oh yeah, it's the face mask. It's a bit too Primaris Reiver. Chaplains just don't look right without a full skull helmet IMHO

The rest are all fine and dandy. 

He has a full-face helmet option as well:

CrWBoSx7UFUdOgIv.jpg

1 hour ago, The Spitehorde said:

That looks much better. Still think it's lacking a certain je ne sais quoi when compared to the Warhammer Day one though. 

Term Chaplain.jpg

Not really a fan of this one. Not into the arches, or the fleur de lis on the knees.

I like the new one has less trim, more studs. 
Like I like this guy.
image.thumb.png.b5aab8599db96f85dc65dec04886128d.png

I'm a bit mixed on the new one's helmet though. Feels a bit soft.
Could be more edgy like the 2nd ed one.

image.thumb.png.1fb5881a4b10a71bda4a1afb92b76559.png

Yep, this new one has the horrible lazy zipper mouth sculpt of the Dark Reapers.

Did they not listen to feedback on those?

The rest is pretty cool, like the ribs and halo.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

3 hours ago, The Spitehorde said:

That looks much better. Still think it's lacking a certain je ne sais quoi when compared to the Warhammer Day one though. 

Term Chaplain.jpg

See, this one was ruined for me ever since someone pointed out the haft of his crozius actually seems to clip through his wrist armour. Can't unsee it.

I kinda like the new one, but I'd either have to give him a bare head or different helmet. The current one looks too cartoony for me, but that may be because they painted it pure white instead of bone.

Honestly very tempted by most of the new kits, only unsure about the jump pack units. Gonna wait on those till I see them in the wild.