Codex: Space Marine + Model pre-orders next week (30/09)

Very glad to see that it looks like replacing the under-armor fabric should be easier with some judicious replacement of other torso segments for those Stern-/Wolf- Guard.  That will make Wolfing these guys up something to try, rather than forgoing them completely.

Darn you, GW.  :laugh:

Really like how the Terminators look, but really hoping we see some SW specific kits for those in the near future.  DW Knights should look very cool though.

2 hours ago, CL_Mission said:

With how the posterior armor is connected to the back I think you chaps might be disappointed when it comes to pose-ability.

After the number of Timberwolf and Vultures I put together I can say I can live without ball and socket hip joints on Terminators.

Great to see the sprues as that pretty much confirms what the squad options will be in the codex. Special melee weapon for the Sarg, and one Heavy Bolter or Pyre Blaster per 5 men.

That article apparently confirms that combi-weapons will retain their Index profile. I was hoping that with OOM going to its Combat Patrol version that we might see separate statlines for the different flavours of combi-weapon but that might be too much to hope for. :sad:

Counted the number of shin guards in the terminator kit to 12, assumed there'd be one extra to swap on the sergeant to make him a regular squad member. guessing the alternate is a matching pair. Decent amount of head options and ability to go all chainfist or powerfist. Just leaves the question: what one heavy weapon to choose? Definatley my most anticipated kit.

Sternguard is tempting me more and more. There will be great utility in all those bits

Pretty interesting seeing how the chainfist is done, I had assumed it would be a little doodad that sticks onto the bottom of the regular power fist not the entire back of the glove. Looking at these sprues is dangerous, I really don't need to be picking up more Termies right now.

43 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Pretty interesting seeing how the chainfist is done, I had assumed it would be a little doodad that sticks onto the bottom of the regular power fist not the entire back of the glove. Looking at these sprues is dangerous, I really don't need to be picking up more Termies right now.

Looks to be the main plate that goes on the back of the fist. The Chainfist option has a mini chainsword attached to it. Simple but effective.

1 hour ago, jaxom said:

Just in case it needs mentioning, the Combat Patrol is the monopose stuff from Leviathan, not the new Termies.

I'm surprised the Combat Patrol hasn't drawn more ire. It's 1.5 troops kits and 2 mono-pose HQs. ~$170 worth of models for $150. It must be the lowest price/value ratio in the range. At least throw in the Dreadnought!

It’s intriguing seeing these redone as they aren’t really primaris units I. The sene of what we are used to, they are direct updates to older kits (less so with the sternguard, that kit was a particularly good one) and so we are effectively seeing the same weapon options just updated / upscaled (and up priced). I really want to see the command squad sprues, but am still a bit miffed as to why they didn’t go down the route of including an apothecary and making the captain a stand alone clampack. 

Now there are literally only a dozen non ‘primaris’ kits that gw sell the writing is on the wall for some of them. I can’t see the land raider or drop pod being axed tho. 

1 hour ago, jimbo1701 said:

Now there are literally only a dozen non ‘primaris’ kits that gw sell the writing is on the wall for some of them. I can’t see the land raider or drop pod being axed tho. 

yeah, I see a future re-boxing with NEW fluff stating they removed some seats and made headspace...so now that old guard marines are gone you can NOW fit Primaris into these vehicles... :tongue:

7 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

yeah, I see a future re-boxing with NEW fluff stating they removed some seats and made headspace...so now that old guard marines are gone you can NOW fit Primaris into these vehicles... :tongue:

A reboxing wouldn't interest me. I want a new 40k era Land Raider kit to go with the new terminator kits

All of the recent photos with Termies and background forces in them have been all new models except for the Land Raider, which I think is a solid statement from GW that the Land Raider is here to stay. I generally love all of the new scuplts, and am a fan of floaty-tanks for marines, but I sure do like the LR a whole ton (and the drop pod), so would like to see it stay. 

Edited by Not An Ork
Typo

9 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

The Land Raider is one of the oldest plastic kits they have. And they have the new Land Raider Proteus in Heresy. I’m not so confident it’ll be around that long.

16 minutes ago, Not An Ork said:

All of the recent photos with Termies and background forces in them have been all new models except for the Land Raider, which I think is a solid statement from GW that the Land Raider is here to stay. 

Eh, it's a solid statement there's no kit for it this cycle. (Which we already knew anyway since we saw the release.) Doesn't mean we can't hope for a new LR kit in the future.

19 minutes ago, Not An Ork said:

All of the recent photos with Termies and background forces in them have been all new models except for the Land Raider, which I think is a solid statement from GW that the Land Raider is here to stay. I generally love all of the new scuplts, and am a fan of floaty-tanks for marines, but I sure do like the LR a whole ton (and the drop pod), so would like to see it stay. 

I'm exactly the same. Repulsors are cool, but nothing beats a Land Raider.

The Terminator and Sternguard kits are looking excellent, though do wish they'd taken the opportunity to give Terminators some new weapon options as well as the classics.

Really torn about what I want to buy on day one. The rational part of me is telling me to just get the codex so I can sit and see how the release affects my current lists and projects. But I also want multiples of all the new things! 

So the jump intercessors have been shown off.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/27/jump-pack-intercessors-kit-focus-blasting-a-classic-design-to-new-heights/

Jump intercessor Initial thoughts:

• enough bare heads for every model to get one is good
  • there are precisely zero alternative arm poses outside of the sergeant weapon options and an alternative pistol. Not the end of the world if you have spare assault intercessor bits lying around I guess, but still kinda sucks.
  • confirmation that there is indeed no eviserator
  • jump pack parts take up almost an entire sprue on their own lol
  • the basing is molded to the legs - fine for one set, but not if you want more than one

jump captain initial thoguhts:

• exactly as expected really, no surprises on the sprue.
  • was hoping for a bare head that didnt have the bionic eye
  • was also hoping for a tabard option - that would have made more sense on the jump captain than the cape
Edited by Blindhamster

It’s a testament to their ingenious design that the miniatures give a real sense of speed to what is essentially a solid mass of armour and fury, melding the brutally efficient Space Marine aesthetic with dynamic aerial poses.

That is certainly an interpretation of these models' design. To be fair "these are Assault Intercessors, tilted and attached to rocks" does not have quite the same ring to it.