Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

On 9/18/2023 at 4:36 AM, 01RTB01 said:

Totally. I'm assuming we'll get rescaled mkiv now at some point which I'll be all over.

Cheaper access is always a good thing.

With regards the upscaled mkiii they say they're compatible with existing weapon kits but the plasma cannon arms are blatantly mkvi. 

I'd hope we see mkIII heavy weapon arms as part of the mkIII sprues but fear they expect us to use the mkvi arms from the weapon packs?

I don't think we'll see new heavy weapon packs anytime soon. The arms are actually not technically mark 6 they aren't really mark anything the servos on the elbows and what not they were designed to fit in on either and I'm sure they intend it to just be multipurpose like the Despoiler kit. They even copied the poses so there are no fit issues.

The heavy weapons I don't really mind they look like servo assist like they are designed for carrying big guns but it's def wierd with the Despoilers but I wouldn't be surprised if despoilers make it into plastic kits eventually given the backlash they got from that one. That one still cracks me up. Best troop choice for half the legions and actually good this edition and GW is like here is a resin set for 5 guys. lol

3 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I don't think we'll see new heavy weapon packs anytime soon. The arms are actually not technically mark 6 they aren't really mark anything the servos on the elbows and what not they were designed to fit in on either and I'm sure they intend it to just be multipurpose like the Despoiler kit. They even copied the poses so there are no fit issues.

The heavy weapons I don't really mind they look like servo assist like they are designed for carrying big guns but it's def wierd with the Despoilers but I wouldn't be surprised if despoilers make it into plastic kits eventually given the backlash they got from that one. That one still cracks me up. Best troop choice for half the legions and actually good this edition and GW is like here is a resin set for 5 guys. lol

Yeah, plastic "melee weapons" is literally on the roadmap. Are they going to do a whole box of power weapons? I doubt it.

I kinda agree on the heavy weapons. I'm more bummed out that they don't have backpack cables and ammo belts anymore, rather than worrying about the arms. It'll be interesting to see how they look once together.

image.thumb.png.d4390739aac1594c73616ff4296b2694.png

I don't expect new weapon packs but wonder if in the mkiii sprues we'd get the appropriate arms. If not, I'll simply use the arms we have in the weapons pack. The plasma cannons are ready, just need to know. I don't mind either way but if I know I could get the weapons + arms painted in advance.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I kind of miss the ammo belts and cables, but then I remember heat bending that stuff, so I kind of don't :biggrin:

I'd just setup pins before bending it. Glue one side in, then bend and pin the other side in.
I did that on my Krieg Heavy Flamer team. I found it easy then to bend and lock it in place.

Then you can re heat it to tweak the pose. 

5 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

I don't expect new weapon packs but wonder if in the mkiii sprues we'd get the appropriate arms. If not, I'll simply use the arms we have in the weapons pack. The plasma cannons are ready, just need to know. I don't mind either way but if I know I could get the weapons + arms painted in advance.

I could be wrong but I think the non shoulder mounted heavy weapons fit the regular arms. I'm building BA so I don't actually have any heavies yet if someone could chime in that would be helpful.

5 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I kind of miss the ammo belts and cables, but then I remember heat bending that stuff, so I kind of don't :biggrin:

Electric tea kettle made that easy.

5 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

I'd just setup pins before bending it. Glue one side in, then bend and pin the other side in.
I did that on my Krieg Heavy Flamer team. I found it easy then to bend and lock it in place.

Then you can re heat it to tweak the pose. 

This also... I really miss the cables and ammo belts too looked insanely cool with Rotor cannons and HB.

2 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I could be wrong but I think the non shoulder mounted heavy weapons fit the regular arms. I'm building BA so I don't actually have any heavies yet if someone could chime in that would be helpful.

This also... I really miss the cables and ammo belts too looked insanely cool with Rotor cannons and HB.

The old autocannons were my favorite with the belt fed magazines. New ones... not so much. 

2 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I have the plas/ melta/ flamer set and there's arms for shoulder and underslung in there.

I used to have a set of the original underslung autocannons. The belts add a lot. I understand why they got rid, doesn't mean they're not missed.

I used to just use the hot tap, but I've completely switched to the hairdryer now.

I have one at my desk anyway for drying varnishes and paint.

Just go easy when drying paint on resin minis.

=][= We've gotten quite far off topic here folks, we've also not heard anything more from GW about this either so I'll close this for now (although sods law states they'll release info very shortly) . When they do release more info on this, we can look at reopening the thread =][=

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/08/sunday-preview-new-releases-abound-from-the-age-of-darkness/

Don't make wrong ,finally are here and I'm happy with that, but there's something smelly in this pre orders. Like less options for MK III (No bayonets, no power swords...not at sight or mentioned at least. That's specially true in the case of bayonets and chain bayonets) and two boxes of Deredeos, like in the case of Leviathans. You need to buy two one of each to have all the unit's options.

Hummm...

The rest, is fine.

Will see next weekend, anyway.

DIM2BMwsrADb53Yz-665x665.jpg

Edited by AGRAMAR
Better explained and a pic

By the way, the "new" supplement gathers all exemplary battles and units. Except for Ascended Fulgrim rules and extras, is the same material in the previous PDFs...but put together in one book. Nice.

I don't expect changes in the units or any new things( Except for Fulgrim and EC, of course)

trShzEQZAJiLOrPt-665x665.jpg

Edited by AGRAMAR
Pic added

Excited about the new Mark 3, but how excited will depend on what the sprues look like and if there are options on there that they're keeping hidden for some reason. I've never been in love with the Deredeo, so that doesn't move me much. Overall a good release to pick up in 6 months or so.

Yeah better to think the box is a nice bonus splash release than bemoan its lack, i was kinda expecting it to come out alongside this year battleforces like the Titanicus ones did.

19 minutes ago, lansalt said:

The new MkIII shares the same third accessory prue of the new beakies, so they have a power fist, power sword, and plain bayonets.

Are you sure? Power swords and lighting claws were brieftly mentioned but nothing about bayonets. And no model in any of the previews were equiped with.

I don't know. I hope they come with those options, because I really like and use them. But... I have a bad feeling about this:cry:

1 hour ago, AGRAMAR said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/08/sunday-preview-new-releases-abound-from-the-age-of-darkness/

Don't make wrong ,finally are here and I'm happy with that, but there's something smelly in this pre orders. Like less options for MK III (No bayonets, no power swords...not at sight or mentioned at least. That's specially true in the case of bayonets and chain bayonets) and two boxes of Deredeos, like in the case of Leviathans. You need to buy two one of each to have all the unit's options.

Hummm...

The rest, is fine.

Will see next weekend, anyway.

DIM2BMwsrADb53Yz-665x665.jpg

Im fairly certain the deredeo comes with autocannons/ plasma as the main weapon options. One box.

Nothing in the article suggests it's two boxes. 

If there is another it'll be for the AA missiles and volkite/ las weapons later down the line.