Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

3 hours ago, darkhorse0607 said:

So this, but I was also worrying about the other, legion specific upgrade kits.

Once MKIII and MKIV (specifically) are redone, we are going to lose the FW legion upgrade kits like the Headhunters (which is my favorite), Khenetai, Grey Slayers, Praetorian Breachers, etc, as they won't be compatible with the new kits.

Could they redo them down the road? Maybe, but with how long things are taking FW to do, or rather where their priorities are at I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future, which is disappointing because those kits give the specific legions a lot more flavor

GW are in no real rush to replace FW items unless they are coming soon. The deredeo with volkites, lascannons and the AA missiles still exist. Legion unique units are likely also staying at FW for that reason. Further proof- Legion dreads were only retired when they made the plastic dread and the resin dread body. 

They still have the masters for the full resin MKIII and MKIV, so it's possible they'll re-pack those upgrades to be entirely resin kits (assuming the don't keep the Calth/Prospero MKIII/MKIV in production and only selll it bundled with FW kits) Either way I'd expect the price to jump.

100% they are redoing the legion specific units and upgrade kits and the price jumping really depends if you bought something like the Templar upgrade plus the resin despoiler kit and the pistols and packs you were looking at a very very pricey unit. I don't think they'll price new units higher than things like the angels tears or interemptors but hey it's gw and they love to disappoint. I think we'll see some new kits soon from the Imperial Fists and Sons of Horus.

Has any information been put out covering whether this will be a limited to release or something that will stick around for a while like the introductory box sets for 40k?

My hunch is this will be limited. Value is too good for this to be a mainstay throughout the edition of HH2.0. That is slightly concerning. I must admit I didn’t have an issue finding AoD, and I know plenty of places that still have stock, buuut I know I’m going to need 2-3 boxes of this to round out the core of all of my HH armies. Definitely having visions of pre-orders instantly selling out like everything else we’ve seen this year…

5 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

October 7th is the earliest now. Sadface :(

sooner than we think was a lie sadly.

I don't remember hearing any definite statements from influencers only that it's "soon" and "possibly" coming next week wich is what I said. I don't receive rumours directly just repeat what I'm told.  Nothing about GW release schedules is normal anymore and in the influencers defense what they were told could have been true at one point but I don't think any of them make definite statements about anything anymore with the ongoing warehouse shenanigans. A little dissapointing but can still cross my fingers for a pre-order next week wich is still soon to me. as long as the damn thing doesn't come out mid november I'm happy.

It was SG, not influencers who said "sooner than you think" which was obviously some level of screw up as they all too often do previews at the absolute last minute, if they bother. They tend to release in the middle of the season, so mid October sounds about right personally.

3 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I don't remember hearing any definite statements from influencers only that it's "soon" and "possibly" coming next week wich is what I said. I don't receive rumours directly just repeat what I'm told.  Nothing about GW release schedules is normal anymore and in the influencers defense what they were told could have been true at one point but I don't think any of them make definite statements about anything anymore with the ongoing warehouse shenanigans. A little dissapointing but can still cross my fingers for a pre-order next week wich is still soon to me. as long as the damn thing doesn't come out mid november I'm happy.

I was referencing WarCom not influencers.

I've no issue it arriving when it arrives, it's just disappointing when they say "sooner than you expect" and the earliest it'll drop is October 7th. We've an event October 31st and I'd wanted to add the deredeo, 15mk iii breachers and a 10 man mkiii sunkillers squad to my forces for then.

October 7th would make it possible. October 14th means it'll be a no.

I appreciate it's not a massive deal but it is to me :)

With such a light couple of weeks I'd expect to see the 40k marines a week today. We shall see!

Oh ok yeah GW saying sooner than you'd expect you aren't wrong to think it's basically ready to go. I was really hoping it'd be out too so I can mess around with the kit but I still got 5 more bolter boys a 5 man rotor squad and the finishing touches on Zephon to paint before I really start a mark 3 project and alot of my free time is getting eaten up making a new style mark 4 variant stl builder wich at the current pace might not be ready till spring. Doing up the bodysuits properly is a chore and a half. Seriously spent way too much time thinking about how to digitally sculpt a spacemarines buttcheek in blender.

49 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Oh ok yeah GW saying sooner than you'd expect you aren't wrong to think it's basically ready to go. I was really hoping it'd be out too so I can mess around with the kit but I still got 5 more bolter boys a 5 man rotor squad and the finishing touches on Zephon to paint before I really start a mark 3 project and alot of my free time is getting eaten up making a new style mark 4 variant stl builder wich at the current pace might not be ready till spring. Doing up the bodysuits properly is a chore and a half. Seriously spent way too much time thinking about how to digitally sculpt a spacemarines buttcheek in blender.

That sounds a very intricate job lol. I've got uni work and school work to keep me occupied along with contemptors and phoenix guard to paint. As always, there's always a backlog lol.

Best of luck with Zephon and mates plus your digi sculpting :D

1 hour ago, 01RTB01 said:

That sounds a very intricate job lol. I've got uni work and school work to keep me occupied along with contemptors and phoenix guard to paint. As always, there's always a backlog lol.

Best of luck with Zephon and mates plus your digi sculpting :D

Thanks I might share the Blood Angels when they are done. It's a long term all plastic project since I kinda figured it would be a slog waiting for mark 6 assualt and command and everything else but I definitely didn't think I'd be seeing cerastus knights and a new mark 3 and potentially plastic Solar Auxilia before I saw literally anything other than tactical marines in plastic but I'm glad I have cuase I know it's definitely coming for multiple marks armies (even if non marines are low priority) and heresy will eventually be a game that's not so expensive to get into and truly do what you want whatever vision you have. As long as GW stops copy striking things they don't sell that is.

Totally. I'm assuming we'll get rescaled mkiv now at some point which I'll be all over.

Cheaper access is always a good thing.

With regards the upscaled mkiii they say they're compatible with existing weapon kits but the plasma cannon arms are blatantly mkvi. 

I'd hope we see mkIII heavy weapon arms as part of the mkIII sprues but fear they expect us to use the mkvi arms from the weapon packs?

9 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

With regards the upscaled mkiii they say they're compatible with existing weapon kits but the plasma cannon arms are blatantly mkvi. 

I'd hope we see mkIII heavy weapon arms as part of the mkIII sprues but fear they expect us to use the mkvi arms from the weapon packs?

Same for Lascannons and Missile Launchers.

My hope is that the shoulder mounted weapon arms are included with the sprues for the bodies of the MkIII (and inevitable MkII and MkIV).

Failing that, I saw an awesome conversion on here the other day where somebody just trimmed down and glued the MkIII vambrace onto the forearm of the MkVI arms and it looked pretty passable, so that’s an option…

Edit - attached the link to the recent thread in PCA

Edited by Sky Potato
attached link

I’m a bit late to this one but overall I think I’m 50/50 on the update, there’s aspects I really like the legs are much better I also like the new cleaner torso design, the backpacks and guns and I’m much less keen on [The spikes on the spikes on the helmets in particular ruin awesome helmets IMO, I get the design echos of tench warfare but it’s not for me]

I’m looking forward to seeing the Legion Command Squad in spring as I’ve got a feeling it’ll be MKIII after seeing the new Praetor and I think if done well like some elements on Raan the new MKIII armour could look really great 

I think I’ll convert mine with the MKII tank driver heads and shoulder pads and make some nice looking Despoilers or smack the new assault squad Jump packs on as I love that design

24 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

I’m looking forward to seeing the Legion Command Squad in spring as I’ve got a feeling it’ll be MKIII after seeing the new Praetor and I think if done well like some elements on Raan the new MKIII armour could look really great 

It is worth remembering that the Command Squad shown for Imperalis is MKVI, so, take that as you will.

45 minutes ago, Xirix said:

It is worth remembering that the Command Squad shown for Imperalis is MKVI, so, take that as you will.

True, I don’t think that immediately means they’re MKVI though, it wouldn’t have taken much work to make that command squad at all! Even the praetor is just a copy of the existing MKVI Age of Darkness Praetor so the rest of the squad probably took about an hour 

I’ll remain hopeful…

I imagine it will be a mark 6 command squad with a mark 3 further down the road. They seem to have established a pattern for releasing new marks and there is no version of reality where GW decided to bring heresy mainstream without a plan to steadily release Space Marine models. If you take a look at the jetbike kit for instance the sprues are seperated into bikes and riders. Even as they start to release the other armies base units in plastic they are still gonna release at least 3 marine kits a year. They know they will sell it's the safest bet they could ever make.