Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

3 hours ago, Jukkiz said:

they most liekly left it so FW has something to do still. like that radar dome thing, lascannons and other upgrades.

though i would be surprised if they make lascannons plastic

I'd be surprised if they didn't, this is most likely a sprue-size per box thing like with the Leviathan, with the extra weapons coming a little later in a different box.

Edited by Xirix

1 minute ago, Xirix said:

I'd be surprised if they didn't, this is most likely a sprue-size per box thing like with the Leviathan, with the extra weapons coming a little later in a different box.

Agreed seems like the same m.o. as the contemptor: have some options in the "launch box" and then the rest in the multipart kit to promote double dipping.

6 hours ago, Burni said:

Doesn’t feel like you’re getting half a kit in this case though, as you don’t mix and match the weapons on a Deredero

Well sure, but the Deredeo's weapons are still huge, so it would definitely make sense to have one box with the Autocannons, Plasma and the Missile Launcher, and then another with the Lascannons, Volkite and the er, Boreas Missiles? I guess we'll see down the line.

I was hoping this would be todays preorder preview after the ‘sooner than you think’ comment. Turns out it’s not in fact sooner than I think. (Not that I gave them much room for it to be)

Edited by fire golem

4 minutes ago, fire golem said:

I was hoping this would be todays preorder preview after the ‘sooner than you think’ comment. Turns out it’s not in fact sooner than I think. 

At the same time, the Deredeo and MKIIIs were slated for Autumn, which starts on the 23rd of September, so maybe it's literally going to be as early as possible and go up for pre-order on the 16th.

1 hour ago, fire golem said:

I was hoping this would be todays preorder preview after the ‘sooner than you think’ comment. Turns out it’s not in fact sooner than I think. (Not that I gave them much room for it to be)

Very lackluster day again. Might have been the Legiones Imperialis seperate kits launch day.

3 hours ago, Xirix said:

At the same time, the Deredeo and MKIIIs were slated for Autumn, which starts on the 23rd of September, so maybe it's literally going to be as early as possible and go up for pre-order on the 16th.

Rumour has it that the next big AoS release (Dawnbringers 2 and associated IJ releases) will be out on Sept 23rd, so that will probably be the main announcement on the 16th. Not impossible for both of course, but they don't tend to pair up big releases from different systems like that.

Edited by irlLordy
fixed typos

1693679600242732.jpg

1693681640395936.jpg

Picture of the new fellas in IF colors, along with an image edit an anon did on /tg/ to see how they'd look without the spiked helm. I'll certainly be snipping off about 50% of em. Not opposed to spiked helms for IF and I think they look pretty good, but I'd like the extra variety of spiked and non-spiked helms.  

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

1 hour ago, lansalt said:

Another edit I've found. Note the painted collar trim (unlike in GW models) and top knot.

1693789250523966.png.b51503724875ff4d53dc978c3113db21.png

Now that you mention it, it looks like they painted the collar as trim on the IF I posted, but not the SoH. Guess the different painters had different ideas as to what was supposed to be trim.

1 hour ago, spessmarine said:

Thinking of all the talk about 3D printing, this is one of those cases where it really shines. Replacing one bit in particular for cheap, cheaper than FW upgrades.

90% of what I do with it is printing things like top knots and jewelry bits, tilting shields, I even made thigh guards and mirror coins just so I got all these bits to really bring out a legions character or just add a little bit extra. I'm hoping the spike on the mark 3 is an optional bit that glues on or else there might be a little repair needed if you aren't simply replacing it with a top knot or a plume.

I bought 3d printed helmets and shoulder pads for my SoH for the MKVI and my CSM to Veteran conversions, but yeah, GW still got my money for the bodies and weapons. I did a few 3D printed marine weapons a bit ago, but in my experience they break much more easily than plastic weapons. Shoulder pads and helmets are more rugged, as they are not so thin. 

I'm looking forward to using up my Aquila decals on the chests of these as there's space. Both mkiv and mkvi never had the chest space and there was no way, sadly, that I was having every mkiv with a FW torso.

Yay for the mkIII chests. I'm thinking 10 for plasma cannons, 10 for breachers and unsure what to do with the last ten, vets maybe?!

As for the deredeo I'd wager all weapons go plastic. They have for the contemptors and leviathans so think it'd be odd to keep any as resin.

7 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

I bought 3d printed helmets and shoulder pads for my SoH for the MKVI and my CSM to Veteran conversions, but yeah, GW still got my money for the bodies and weapons. I did a few 3D printed marine weapons a bit ago, but in my experience they break much more easily than plastic weapons. Shoulder pads and helmets are more rugged, as they are not so thin. 

3-d printed Resin is very brittle without a special additive but I also will buy in plastic where I can save print cycles for things I can't get normally. I printed a leviathan once cuase I got tired of it being out stock and now I'm terrified of dropping the thing cuase I know it will shatter like glass and it wieghs a ton. An experienced printer can print things that are basically finecast done right but still if you can afford it in plastic that's the best way to go saving prints for stuff you can't.

19 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

3-d printed Resin is very brittle without a special additive but I also will buy in plastic where I can save print cycles for things I can't get normally. I printed a leviathan once cuase I got tired of it being out stock and now I'm terrified of dropping the thing cuase I know it will shatter like glass and it wieghs a ton. An experienced printer can print things that are basically finecast done right but still if you can afford it in plastic that's the best way to go saving prints for stuff you can't.

That's all entirely depending on your resin mate. I've seen and worked with some pretty sturdy resin myself, and some of the more 'glass like' resin you've described. 

As far as I'm concerned they look good and I'm going to enjoy painting and building them. That being said I would also have loved just and upscale of the old one like tortuga did (and why I bought a ton). I feel sad that the old one will be phased out as I will need to use the new one with the old design with the bodies I already have... 

To me those feel like a variant of MKIII like MKIIIb or something and I kinda like that. I just hope that they remember to integrate the designs with the older MKII redesign. The older ones you could clearly see that MKIII was just an uparmored version of the MKII with added plate and I thought it was genius. Now I wonder if they are going to take the same care with the new MKII. 

What scares me though is what are they going to do for the upgrade kits, like thunder hammer, paired lightning claws, etc. The new generic arm pose for the sergeants looks good but I wish for more variation in the combat stance and such. Having same extended arm and bent for everyone of my sergeant is really boring...

10 minutes ago, loginomicon said:

What scares me though is what are they going to do for the upgrade kits, like thunder hammer, paired lightning claws, etc. The new generic arm pose for the sergeants looks good but I wish for more variation in the combat stance and such. Having same extended arm and bent for everyone of my sergeant is really boring...

Very much agree. I like a bit of variety in my infantry heavy forces and with all of the designs being just the same 5 poses, we're getting less options than with the old tactical squad, let alone when you consider those same poses also have to fill in the depoilers and the (heavy) support squads. This is one of the biggest letdowns in the revamp for me. 

17 minutes ago, loginomicon said:

So this, but I was also worrying about the other, legion specific upgrade kits.

Once MKIII and MKIV (specifically) are redone, we are going to lose the FW legion upgrade kits like the Headhunters (which is my favorite), Khenetai, Grey Slayers, Praetorian Breachers, etc, as they won't be compatible with the new kits.

Could they redo them down the road? Maybe, but with how long things are taking FW to do, or rather where their priorities are at I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future, which is disappointing because those kits give the specific legions a lot more flavor