Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

3 minutes ago, Lord_Valorion said:

I think for the other Deredeo Weapons you need Forgeworld. They updated the store entries for the weapons with new paint jobs. 

Yes but, currently there's two leviathan boxes. One ranged, one cc. The other frater was suggesting that the autocannons and plasma for the deredeo would be in two boxes.

I'm saying there's no evidence of this. IF they do a second deredeo box it may well have the other options in..I also said 'down the line', ie it'll be out "sooner than we think" which is the 'moritat' timescale.

Hope that clarifies.

Regardless. I'm just glad it's finally nearly here.

1 hour ago, AGRAMAR said:

By the way, the "new" supplement gathers all exemplary battles and units. Except for Ascended Fulgrim rules and extras, is the same material in the previous PDFs...but put together in one book. Nice.

I don't expect changes in the units or any new things( Except for Fulgrim and EC, of course)

trShzEQZAJiLOrPt-665x665.jpg

This article doesn't say it contains ALL the exemplary battles and IIRC the preview article was clear that it has about one third of them.

2 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/08/sunday-preview-new-releases-abound-from-the-age-of-darkness/

Don't make wrong ,finally are here and I'm happy with that, but there's something smelly in this pre orders. Like less options for MK III (No bayonets, no power swords...not at sight or mentioned at least. That's specially true in the case of bayonets and chain bayonets) and two boxes of Deredeos, like in the case of Leviathans. You need to buy two one of each to have all the unit's options.

Hummm...

The rest, is fine.

Will see next weekend, anyway.

DIM2BMwsrADb53Yz-665x665.jpg

Are you sure? Power swords and lighting claws were brieftly mentioned but nothing about bayonets. And no model in any of the previews were equiped with.

I don't know. I hope they come with those options, because I really like and use them. But... I have a bad feeling about this:cry:

It's been pretty thoroughly confirmed at this point that the new MKIII kit uses the exact same accessory sprue as the MKVI (and the same special weapons sprues). 

You can see in the marketing photos that the Vox, Power Fist, Vexilla are used.  So you're going to get 1 upgrade sprue per 10 MKIII (So 3x sprue in the battle box, 2x sprue in the solo squad box).

No confirmation on chain bayonets since those are on the MKVI sprue directly, but I see no reason to think they wouldn't be on the MKIII as well.

Edited by Cruor Vault

37 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Yes but, currently there's two leviathan boxes. One ranged, one cc. The other frater was suggesting that the autocannons and plasma for the deredeo would be in two boxes.

I'm saying there's no evidence of this. IF they do a second deredeo box it may well have the other options in..I also said 'down the line', ie it'll be out "sooner than we think" which is the 'moritat' timescale.

Hope that clarifies.

Regardless. I'm just glad it's finally nearly here.

The preview is calling this the Anvilus pattern Deredeo.

I'll be a few months down the road we get an Arachnis pattern with the Lascannons/Volkite.

26 minutes ago, Cactus said:

This article doesn't say it contains ALL the exemplary battles and IIRC the preview article was clear that it has about one third of them.

My bad. You're right. 5 comes to be exact:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/07/heresy-thursday-the-most-exemplary-battles-of-all-come-to-print/

I don't understand. What do you mean?

Currently I'm not too fond of the redesign, but in the past painting and conversion videos and pictures from the large group of influencers GW deals with have made me change my mind on previewed minis I initially didn't like.  I'm curious if that will also be the case here, as I had high hopes for the new mk3s.

Often those videos and work in progress shots get released in the week leading up to the preorders, so hoping for something like that to happen.

33 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Currently I'm not too fond of the redesign, but in the past painting and conversion videos and pictures from the large group of influencers GW deals with have made me change my mind on previewed minis I initially didn't like.  I'm curious if that will also be the case here, as I had high hopes for the new mk3s.

Often those videos and work in progress shots get released in the week leading up to the preorders, so hoping for something like that to happen.

A lot of times recently, their miniatures can look really good in person, but there's some uncanny valley almost with their two-dimensional representation.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mittens said:

I would like to get a box. Maybe 2. I don't really need the land raiders, what with my Spartans, but I could use them for something. I want an autocannon Dorrito for my SoH and a Plasma one for my Dark Angels, and the MKIII would be good for both. 

There's always room for more proteus :D

11 hours ago, Cruor Vault said:

It's been pretty thoroughly confirmed at this point that the new MKIII kit uses the exact same accessory sprue as the MKVI (and the same special weapons sprues). 

You can see in the marketing photos that the Vox, Power Fist, Vexilla are used.  So you're going to get 1 upgrade sprue per 10 MKIII (So 3x sprue in the battle box, 2x sprue in the solo squad box).

No confirmation on chain bayonets since those are on the MKVI sprue directly, but I see no reason to think they wouldn't be on the MKIII as well.

IF the legs are done like Rann's with the front plate of one leg being a seperate bit it's pretty likely they'd have to sacrifice the chain bayonet to make room. Let's hope not though. If I could see them from the back I'd know for sure but we'll find out soon either way. I think the Chain Bayonet's are there. and the models are cut exactly like mark6 and they just don't have them in the pic to save time painting and building them for presentation.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

5 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

The lost leg detail on the deredeo is driving me nuts.

Im not gonna say there’s no lost detail from resin to plastic but I’m not really seeing it here? I can see two rivets from the front of the lower leg missing.

IMG_6462.jpeg

IMG_6463.jpeg