Updated Mark III + Potential Deredeo

11 hours ago, Cruor Vault said:

It's been pretty thoroughly confirmed at this point that the new MKIII kit uses the exact same accessory sprue as the MKVI (and the same special weapons sprues). 

You can see in the marketing photos that the Vox, Power Fist, Vexilla are used.  So you're going to get 1 upgrade sprue per 10 MKIII (So 3x sprue in the battle box, 2x sprue in the solo squad box).

No confirmation on chain bayonets since those are on the MKVI sprue directly, but I see no reason to think they wouldn't be on the MKIII as well.

Worth noting that the bayonets/chain bayonets are a tight fit for the MkVI's Umbra-pattern bolt guns.

Not so sure if they are compatible with the barrel of the new Phobos-pattern bolter.

That being said, the new rounded foregrip of the Phobos bolt gun would fit very nicely in a Rann-style storm shield.. 

Edited by Old-Four-Arms

13 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Look at where the hips connect to the leg.

Where the armour plate on the resin is well defined and has clear mechanical stuff behind it, but the plastic version just kind of has an ugly thick armour plate that molds into the hip?

If so, yeah, I can see that now. I didn't see it at first, but now I have it's quite noticeable.

12 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

European Prices are up a bit early

Prices MK3.PNG

Huh, wonder why the MKIII Marines are 5€ cheaper than MKVI? The only reason I can think of is that its true that they won't have the chain bayonets as everything else on the sprue should be the exact same?

Edited by Matrindur

21 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

Where the armour plate on the resin is well defined and has clear mechanical stuff behind it, but the plastic version just kind of has an ugly thick armour plate that molds into the hip?

If so, yeah, I can see that now. I didn't see it at first, but now I have it's quite noticeable.

Yeah ditto haha. Kinda wish I’d not asked now. 

£125 is a very good price for that box. I was tempted anyway, but now I'm definitely going to have to have a word with the LGS. 

Mk III Marines will make good Word Bearers Legion Veterans/40k Chosen and a HSS, I've always had a soft spot for the Deredeo (daft as it is) and a second Land Raider is never a bad thing. 

3 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

The lost leg detail on the deredeo is driving me nuts.

Bit annoying, but I'll take it as it comes with the increased detail on the chassis and seemingly sculpted knee pads. Probably get choices of plain, imperial and traitor themes, like the Contemptor and Levi. 

18 hours ago, Cruor Vault said:

It's been pretty thoroughly confirmed at this point that the new MKIII kit uses the exact same accessory sprue as the MKVI (and the same special weapons sprues). 

You can see in the marketing photos that the Vox, Power Fist, Vexilla are used.  So you're going to get 1 upgrade sprue per 10 MKIII (So 3x sprue in the battle box, 2x sprue in the solo squad box).

No confirmation on chain bayonets since those are on the MKVI sprue directly, but I see no reason to think they wouldn't be on the MKIII as well.

And what a sad upgrade sprue it is. Mostly the powerfist. That powerfist is so damn hideous. 

I’ve got enough MkIII Marines that I can use these new ones specifically as Veterans for my VII Legion.

So what I can’t wait for is for FW to discontinue the Imperial Fists MkIII heads just before I order 3 packs. Or I order three packs of heads now and miss out on the box set when the website crashes on Saturday.

I mean, if you will want to pick up some of those MK3 anyway even if you don't get the box, then definitely grab the heads. If any of the legions I cared about had any MKIII bits that were readily available instead of just occasional MTOs and I wanted to use them eventually I'd be stocking up.

I’m loving the MKIII so will eventually pick up a box. 

The only thing I have a doubt about them is the spike on the helmet.

I’ll probably remove it and mix in some MKVI heads for flavour or do you think we’ll get MKIII head upgrades?

3 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

I’m loving the MKIII so will eventually pick up a box. 

The only thing I have a doubt about them is the spike on the helmet.

I’ll probably remove it and mix in some MKVI heads for flavour or do you think we’ll get MKIII head upgrades?

Personally I am going to use 3D printed MKIV and MKIII helms for mine, with some plastics occasionally.

I must say well done GW for offering both a bundle deal and separate boxes. Excellent.

The drip feed of random upgrade bits though really annoys me. Why can't they make a plastic clamp upgrade set for each of the legions like the primaris ones? Primarks and such, sure, let FW handle that. Grunt helmets no way! If you're reading GW at least allow a LGS to order for customers.

I think if it was plausible to do legion upgrades in plastic they would do, but i recall some rumblings that even the 40k ones arent doing as well as hoped a while back.

1 minute ago, Noserenda said:

I think if it was plausible to do legion upgrades in plastic they would do, but i recall some rumblings that even the 40k ones arent doing as well as hoped a while back.

GW kits are pricey enough without adding another 25-30% on top for the pleasure of having sculpted shoulders and some heads. 

1 hour ago, Cleon said:

I mean, if you will want to pick up some of those MK3 anyway even if you don't get the box, then definitely grab the heads. If any of the legions I cared about had any MKIII bits that were readily available instead of just occasional MTOs and I wanted to use them eventually I'd be stocking up.

Yeah, that’s just the additional £35 on top of the £125 box this month then. :angry:

You’re right of course, much better to stock up now than if I wait and they go.

It’s just a shame that the possibility of the FW MkIII heads disappearing with the launch of new MkIII is the most GW way that GW could do it.

7 minutes ago, Sky Potato said:

Yeah, that’s just the additional £35 on top of the £125 box this month then. :angry:

You’re right of course, much better to stock up now than if I wait and they go.

It’s just a shame that the possibility of the FW MkIII heads disappearing with the launch of new MkIII is the most GW way that GW could do it.

At least you should be able to grab the box with a discount :)

41 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

GW kits are pricey enough without adding another 25-30% on top for the pleasure of having sculpted shoulders and some heads. 

Depends, i usually think its worth it as they look better (and i hate transfers) and its an aesthetic hobby for most. That said most of the FW sets are a bit crap for the money compared to the plastics or 3d printing.

30 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Depends, i usually think its worth it as they look better (and i hate transfers) and its an aesthetic hobby for most. That said most of the FW sets are a bit crap for the money compared to the plastics or 3d printing.

I'm the opposite, where I'm not a fan of sculpted pads, but I like transfers. One of the huge issues with the 40k upgrades is that they conflated the two, where the sculpted pads and the transfers are the same kit. At least with the FW offerings, they have the separate transfer sheets that you can pick up for your legion, or the sculpted pads if you want that.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
grammar

210 USD ain't TOO bad. However the FOMO limited release is what kills me the most. Would have the money by December but I am pulling quite a few hobby strings to make the pre-order date.

Hopefully I won't see a repeat of my last pre-order fiasco I had with the Jetbikes: I pre-ordered the jet-bikes but never got my order processed. Then GW canceled my order the week prior to their price increase, forcing me to re-order them at the higher price...

Edited by Spagunk

1 hour ago, Spagunk said:

210 USD ain't TOO bad. However the FOMO limited release is what kills me the most. Would have the money by December but I am pulling quite a few hobby strings to make the pre-order date.

Hopefully I won't see a repeat of my last pre-order fiasco I had with the Jetbikes: I pre-ordered the jet-bikes but never got my order processed. Then GW canceled my order the week prior to their price increase, forcing me to re-order them at the higher price...

Did you put in a complaint? I certainly would have done. There are times whereby they'll do something. Worth a try if nothing else.