Sitnams Completed Project - Kroot

sitnam

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, those heads look great - I especially like the one with the hat on who I assume is the squad leader.  I also think you've done a great job of getting a range of greens, browns and yellows on the models, making them distinctively nurgle without being overwhelmingly green, which makes them more visually interesting.

I think the bases are very well done - just perhaps not the best fit for these minis.  Being quite bright and of the same or similar colours to the minis, I think for these models they draw focus away from the minis and kind of wash them out.  I think they would be great with minis whose colours they contrast with, perhaps with some OSL (aka indirect lighting effect) on the legs - but here I think a darker or less green base would serve the minis better.

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2024 at 12:28 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

I like the head swaps - the one on the MOE is particularly effective in helping tie the "generic chaos" model into your nurgle army.

I have my son to thank for those choices. I wasn’t sure about that Possessed head on the Tallyman, but I think it worked out well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

I think you might want to nudge the exposure up a little - it seems to be exposing for the white background, leaving the models slightly dark?

I’ll definitely be trying that. I know pitiably little about photography, so I might need to do some research

• 1 month later...

Completed the first part of the Kroot box, which is also part of my challenge for the Iron Gauntlet. 

Spoiler

IMG_6604.thumb.jpeg.6b287be47fab190cf786f14e4fcc542e.jpegIMG_6605.thumb.jpeg.d6ba748c6afb6071d30d80125d6712bc.jpegIMG_6606.thumb.jpeg.a69550f6133c75f2089d789bf621665b.jpegIMG_6607.thumb.jpeg.e17d5fef0ec8526c481faf6b7e12250a.jpeg

Very fun models to paint, though some of the extra detail can get annoying. I did 11 because I tested one out with a Death Guard Green Spray instead of Grey Seer. I’ll likely do the rest of the Kroot in the same way, it makes it easy not having to get the miscellaneous nooks and crannies, but it doesn’t affect the tone of some of my contrast paints.

i hope these pictures come out better, I adjusted the brightness a bit more this time around 

Congratulations on Gauntlet Challenge II. I think I'll have my kill team done by the end of the weekend. I have seven models after that as a stretch goal.

The Blue Beaks look great, and I love the shaper's camo quill cloak. You've got quite a jump on Challenge III.