It's possible for all of the Primarchs to be brought back

1 hour ago, phandaal said:

Yeah, it is 100% alluding to the Emperor's eventual return. All of those things being included are GW's neon sign going "THE EMPEROR IS THE FISHER KING *bzzt* THE EMPEROR IS THE FISHER KING."

Maybe some people feel like if they cannot come up with a justification right now for Sanguinius to come back, then he never will? That would explain the refusal to even consider that maybe some connections aren't actually there after all.

As many people have correctly pointed out, however, whether Pepe Sanguinius has been stealing the mail or not is irrelevant. What matters is whether Games Workshop wants to make a lot of money with big fancy centerpiece models. And the answer there is: they do.

I can only give thanks, that the Siege of Terra will conclude before Haley jumps the shark with all this stuff and I wont have to bear witness to it.

2 hours ago, phandaal said:

Yeah, it is 100% alluding to the Emperor's eventual return. All of those things being included are GW's neon sign going "THE EMPEROR IS THE FISHER KING *bzzt* THE EMPEROR IS THE FISHER KING."

Maybe some people feel like if they cannot come up with a justification right now for Sanguinius to come back, then he never will? That would explain the refusal to even consider that maybe some connections aren't actually there after all.

As many people have correctly pointed out, however, whether Pepe Sanguinius has been stealing the mail or not is irrelevant. What matters is whether Games Workshop wants to make a lot of money with big fancy centerpiece models. And the answer there is: they do.

I'm beginning to think blood angel players see Sanguinius in their morning cheerios at this point, and in every water stain they see. It is a book about the Lion and his dark angels. All those items are from his mythos he is based off. They are so desperate they are arguing nonsense.

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I'm beginning to think blood angel players see Sanguinius in their morning cheerios at this point, and in every water stain they see. It is a book about the Lion and his dark angels. All those items are from his mythos he is based off. They are so desperate they are arguing nonsense.

Reading Darkness in the Blood, I knew immediately that Mephiston's interactions with the Black Angel were in fact a veiled reference to the Lion coming to 40k at last. Black Angel - Dark Angels, badda bing, badda boom!

If anyone says otherwise, I will "yes but" them until their facts go away, without actually reading anything they write.

Meanwhile, in Nottingham: "Hey, people like to buy Primarchs right? And people like that Lion character? Alright let's sell them a Lion. Just have him wake up in a forest or something. Let's get lunch!"

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No we see Horus in our morning cereal

3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Average Blood Angels fan: Wants to see Sanguinius return despite his death being the entire point of his character arc, and the event that created a major portion of the 40k Blood Angels’ identity.

Me, a World Eaters enjoyer: Wishes that Angron had died instead of becoming a daemon prince, and had stayed dead. Which was what he wanted, and would complete the Spartacus allegory. As usual, it’s all the damn Word Bearers’ fault.

We are not the same, sis.

4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Pure BA copium. In Abaddon's 40k books Sang's spirit is stuck on the Vengeful Spirit where Horus killed him. Sang is not coming back. Dorn at this point is more likely to return than Sang. 

10 hours ago, phandaal said:

GW doesn't walk over established setting stuff haphazardly though. They'll tread neatly within for as long as they can before they'll flip things around a lot if truly boxed in (Primaris), or blow up the table and the room and the building (AoS). So no Sanguinius just cuz, not unless they need a drastic setting shift to liven things up.

Besides, they've got enough easy candidates to work through and their pace hasn't been exactly rushing releases (2017->2023 primarch gap). Then two so close to one another lol.

Their absentee father backlog is still big, no need to break the glass.

2 hours ago, Jukkiz said:

wasn´t there crystal statue of sanguinuis that seems to be alive?

That seems to be a psychic echo rather than a soul shard (although the book is not super clear on this). The concept is revisited in "Echoes of Eternity" where echoes of dead characters haunt The Conqueror. This includes the Captain who had not technically died but had become so corrupted she was fused to her command throne. Since the Captain was still alive, I would argue these echoes are not soul fragments in the way that Magnus's soul shards are for example. 

Which is why Sanguinius shouldn’t come back at all (none of the loyalists should have) and they just make a Primarch sized Sanguinor spirit. 

Expecting GW to care about the story is pretty silly after everything we have learned from the behind the scenes podcasts about the place though. 

58 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Expecting GW to care about the story is pretty silly after everything we have learned from the behind the scenes podcasts about the place though. 

GW have always been clear that the Lore is just a tool to drive the sales of miniatures. They will make a calculation as to whether the upset caused by any Lore change is going to be enough to reduce sales by more than they will be able to sell as a result. 

I don't think people are saying they won't sell. Primarchs sell, that much we know.

I'm personally in the group that thinks they didn't need to bring them back, but now that there is 5 back (in the game) what's the plan? I also personally think they need to be more careful with the lore side of bringing back loyalist ones and what their role will be or what the implications are. I'm a chaos fan so I understand, like in most settings, the bad guys exist to be the punching bags for the good guys. Nothing wrong with that. But the Daemon Primarchs respawn, so they can be killed and will come back. They have to be more careful with their writing with the loyalist ones. We all know none of them will permanently die once GW starts selling a $60-$150 primarch model. The emperor can't just revive them everytime or it's going to get cheesy fast.

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

They have to be more careful with their writing with the loyalist ones. We all know none of them will permanently die once GW starts selling a $60-$150 primarch model. The emperor can't just revive them everytime or it's going to get cheesy fast.

Very few characters with models ever get killed, Primarch or not. Most of the Characters invented in 2nd edition are still going strong and I forget how many close calls Dante has had. Tycho has technically been dead since 3rd edition. Eldrad got killed at the end of 3rd edition but that later got retconned. Macharius and Yarrick are the only other examples I can think of.

4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don't think people are saying they won't sell. Primarchs sell, that much we know.

I'm personally in the group that thinks they didn't need to bring them back, but now that there is 5 back (in the game) what's the plan? I also personally think they need to be more careful with the lore side of bringing back loyalist ones and what their role will be or what the implications are. I'm a chaos fan so I understand, like in most settings, the bad guys exist to be the punching bags for the good guys. Nothing wrong with that. But the Daemon Primarchs respawn, so they can be killed and will come back. They have to be more careful with their writing with the loyalist ones. We all know none of them will permanently die once GW starts selling a $60-$150 primarch model. The emperor can't just revive them everytime or it's going to get cheesy fast.

The frog is already boiled on Cheesiness. There’s no way to make the 40K Primarchs work, so it’ll just a relentless and never ending stream of shallow text. 

20 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

There’s no way to make the 40K Primarchs work, so it’ll just a relentless and never ending stream of shallow text. 

While I don't disagree, the Emperor manipulating events for ten thousand years to bring about his return and mainly Gman doesn't sound that shallow especially when you consider the grandeur of that, and how pretty much everything important, the crimson path, destruction of cadia, birth of ynnead, had to have been meddled with in some way for events to play out specifically the way they did:yes:

7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Easy for you to say when you’ve already got your Primarch. Personally I’d love to see what they can come up with for a model and rules.

12 minutes ago, milddead said:

Easy for you to say when you’ve already got your Primarch. Personally I’d love to see what they can come up with for a model and rules.

You play Black Templars, Steve. Sanguinius isn't "your" Primarch. However, my Spidey Sense tells me you have less interest in seeing Sanguinius return than you do in stirring up more trouble in a thread that has already run its course.

6 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Very few characters with models ever get killed, Primarch or not. Most of the Characters invented in 2nd edition are still going strong and I forget how many close calls Dante has had. Tycho has technically been dead since 3rd edition. Eldrad got killed at the end of 3rd edition but that later got retconned. Macharius and Yarrick are the only other examples I can think of.

Aun'va was killed and I think there is others too. I was just saying lore wise they should be more careful bringing back loyalist ones, as it would affect the setting more so than another mustache twirling villain. Careful as in still do it, but in the right way. Like if another 4 loyalist come back and there is 6 of them is Guilliman still regent? Are the others going to listen? How will the Imperium work then? Where as the Chaos ones are just self serving turds that exist to be the bad guys.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

15 hours ago, milddead said:

If they release Sanguinius with good rules it’ll sell like hot cakes… doesn’t matter how much some will complain.

Oh of course. GW can piss all over the setting, the rules, whatever. I mean look at 10th?

Stuff still sells, because its The Hobby. Its not about any one thing, and if it was 1 thing, it would be the models.

2 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

After seeing what Horus does to Sanguinius in end and the Death it’s really inevitable he’s getting resurrected. 40K has moved for parody to serious to parody of itself. 

I'm finishing off the HH series (lol series) and checking out. While nothing has ruined the setting yet despite some authors efforts to get the ball rolling towards doing so, I wont bear witness to them parading around what once was so great, in some grotesque mockery.

Just not going to do it.