17th November preview event

Just now, Blurf said:

Me. I'm not happy.

Sick of marines. 'Oh, do you think they'll be big dudes in armor, or bigger dudes in bigger armor? Or, GASP, big dudes in armor in a VEHICLE SHAPED LIKE A BREAD BOX?!!' The possibilities are meaningless!'

Now now, the latest breadboxes do fly ! Very different.

However, it doesnt always get on this forum, but depending what your flavor is, Valrak actually had more rumors beyond marines so him being right makes it more likely those are right too.

Tau -- He is being cryptic beyond vespids, he is saying they get "lots of love" and he wants to do tau now* wich can mean anything.. but the rumor engines are promising.

CSM (technically marines) --  Bikers,  Nightlords trough Killteam. <-- true this too are marines.

Drukhari - Mandrakes, we will probably find out tomorrow

Blood Angels (sorry :p) -- I believe he said a Primaris sanguary priest, and Death company in kill team.. but suggested this was not a major release.

Eldar -- Actually seem to be the biggest release; Fuegan, Asurmen, Baharroth, Swooping Hawks, Fire dragons and Warp spiders.. also their Phoenix lord. Could still be more to it.

Imperial Guard -- Deathkorps of Krieg, but I assume its not going to be a lot, I think a Krieg upgrade sprue like the cadian one, HQ unit and HQ single model. Jump tempestusc scions in kill team (likely an upgrade sprue, but thats my own take.)

I assume those last 3 will be among the summer codexes.

Beyond that :

Votann getting more stuff

Emperors Children, but those are marines too.

At one point during 9th he did mention Dark Mechanicum, but I believe that was reading an online rumor, so not his own source.

And I think this sums up all his current rumors.

* this one is worrying as it can only mean one of two things ; Tau get spacemarines, or.. better scenario, they are painted yellow again. ;)

24 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Right.
Putting aside the Valrak-posting which has saturated this thread, what are we actually expecting from a Dark Angels based teaser?

Probably more Terminators. While Assault Terminators could be done via an Upgrade kit for normal Terminators GW will probably do a standalone kit for them. Now if they do it smart they can tie in a dark angels upgrade kit along with assault terminators so they can avoid having to do every errant chapters terminator as a standalone.

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Right.
Putting aside the Valrak-posting which has saturated this thread, what are we actually expecting from a Dark Angels based teaser?

Very little, some slidey panoramas of art work with a husky voice over and a few seconds of too fast to follow partial shots of some minis to an epic outro

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Right.

These tournament previews rarely shower us with alot of new models... I really think its a single miniature shown, probably a single Deathwing Knight.. in contrary to others, based on the image my gutfeeling says Ezekiel could also be the one shown miniature. But Im not sure why.

Also instead of a tactical rock, he stands on a tactical vault

Spoiler

2022-11-15.jpg

Edited by TheMawr

2 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Right.

First born bikes are already gone - I expect Ravenwing to get new primaris bike/ATV upgrades. Maybe replacement speeders for the darkshroud and vengeance via an box with upgrade sprue for storm speeder. Deathwing terminator upgrade kit (probably boxed with generic terminators). Very likely "redeemed" models, maybe as bladeguard upgrade. As bulletpoints, these models replaced

Belial

Asmodai

Redeemed via bladeguard w/upgrade sprue. Maybe unique sculpts, but they won't make them firstborn, so expect them to be some type of primaris.

Landspeeder Vengeance/Darkshroud

Ravenwing bikes/black knights replaced by Primaris Bike/ATV w/ upgrade sprues

Deathwing Termintors/Knights/Command squad a la Deathwing box of generic termies and upgrade sprue

New Primaris Lieutenant (because obviously)

Company Master and/or upgrade kit to convert current captains

They may change up the equipment with HH 2.0 inspiration (Terranic Greatsword, long plasma rails, etc) for weapon styles

These will be replaced eventually, maybe later wave/event that forces rubicon

Ezekial

Sammael on Jet Bike

These will likely vanish forever
Interrogator Chaplains

Company Veterans

Zakariah

Chapter Ancient

Non-Primaris chapter upgrade

35 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

If Dark Angels just get all their Heresy weapons in 40K I think they should just change the name from 40K to Age of Darkness 2: More Darkerer 

Not "the weapon", just similar aesthetics. Two-handed power swords, not rules for terranic greatswords.

1 hour ago, twopounder said:

First born bikes are already gone - I expect Ravenwing to get new primaris bike/ATV upgrades. Maybe replacement speeders for the darkshroud and vengeance via an box with upgrade sprue for storm speeder. Deathwing terminator upgrade kit (probably boxed with generic terminators). Very likely "redeemed" models, maybe as bladeguard upgrade. As bulletpoints, these models replaced

Belial

Asmodai

Redeemed via bladeguard w/upgrade sprue. Maybe unique sculpts, but they won't make them firstborn, so expect them to be some type of primaris.

Landspeeder Vengeance/Darkshroud

Ravenwing bikes/black knights replaced by Primaris Bike/ATV w/ upgrade sprues

Deathwing Termintors/Knights/Command squad a la Deathwing box of generic termies and upgrade sprue

New Primaris Lieutenant (because obviously)

Company Master and/or upgrade kit to convert current captains

No more "upgrade spure" for the unique units please! The most famous and iconic(and potential sales) units deserve their own kits. Existed universal marine kits + alternative heads/shoulderpads/decorations, can't bring as much style as real kits.

Just list two names:

BA DC intercessors

BT Sword Brethren.

They can easily do replacement chestpieces and all for any of the new kits. The Chaos Space Marine kit has multiple chest options for some of them, as an example.

They just need to make it line up correctly in the CAD software. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done so for Intercessors, to be honest.

35 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

They can easily do replacement chestpieces and all for any of the new kits. The Chaos Space Marine kit has multiple chest options for some of them, as an example.

They just need to make it line up correctly in the CAD software. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done so for Intercessors, to be honest.

They've been trying to implement a kind of DRM into their designs. That's why the left hand is fixed to the bolt rifle instead of a generic "holding" pose on the arm. If its easy to model for, then its easy to make custom bits that fit as well. I'm noticing a large amount of unnecessary changes that really only make it harder to model 3rd party upgrades for, but doesn't really add anything to the modelling experience.

14 minutes ago, twopounder said:

They've been trying to implement a kind of DRM into their designs. That's why the left hand is fixed to the bolt rifle instead of a generic "holding" pose on the arm. If its easy to model for, then its easy to make custom bits that fit as well. I'm noticing a large amount of unnecessary changes that really only make it harder to model 3rd party upgrades for, but doesn't really add anything to the modelling experience.

That's actually a pretty solid explanation for the lunacy of their jigsaw puzzle approach to new kits... :(

2 hours ago, twopounder said:

Nah, I think it's also due to ease of building and better posing. At the expense of creative freedom.
When I look at all my old space marines I built as a kid, the hands are all positioned janky. 
You can build free off-hand models well, but many inexperience people would probably have a harder time.

The Jigsaw kits is mainly just so they can fit more complex designs on less sprue.

I don't buy into the conspiracies on it being "DRM". In the past they used metal which much like resin, can have undercuts and thicker parts.

3 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

No more "upgrade spure" for the unique units please! The most famous and iconic(and potential sales) units deserve their own kits. Existed universal marine kits + alternative heads/shoulderpads/decorations, can't bring as much style as real kits.

Just list two names:

BA DC intercessors

BT Sword Brethren.

As long as they do it well. (Which BTs were)
Sometimes I don't mind the restraint of the upgrade-sprue route. Rather than plastering chunky angel symbols everywhere, just because they can.
I also prefer transfers in a lot of cases.