Deathwing Knights Leak

38 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

Sometimes I wonder if it would just be better not to leak this, when it's 12 hours before the preview, and this really robs the people doing this for their job their job satisfaction. I don't know, this just feels mean-spirited to leak so soon before. 

At least it wasn't as bad as when Sanguinius was meant to be revealed. They showed it on Warcom on the moring BEFORE the event even opened the day it was meant to be revealed. A friend of mine was there and it was brought up in conversation with a FW staff member, he said he'd never seen someone so heart-broken before. I think our own Mr.Parker had a similar experiance at that event as well, but I could be wrong.

Edited by No Foes Remain
I can't spell.

56 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

Sometimes I wonder if it would just be better not to leak this, when it's 12 hours before the preview, and this really robs the people doing this for their job their job satisfaction. I don't know, this just feels mean-spirited to leak so soon before. 

Maybe the world doesn't revolve around Games Workshop's marketing department. If people want to share cool images, they can share cool images.

3 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

I doubt GW staff members have hurt feelings just because a part of a preview was leaked early, lets remember they are fully grown adults :laugh: 

We know from past experience that there is disappointment. 

Nobody is crying into their Khorneflakes but yeah its their art and passion.

42 minutes ago, de Selby said:

It's more of a spoiler than a leak at this stage, but I'm not staying up until 4am so I can watch their official reveal in another country, so I might as well see them today as tomorrow.

They are fine but somehow the robes seem de-emphasized. The old guys were really disappearing into their robes in a very dark angels way.

I don't think you got my point, it's not about us, but about the staff. This takes away - steals I guess - the success for the people organising this event. It just makes their work a whole lot less worthwhile - especially given the time invested in the preview. 

Edited by Petitioner's City

14 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

I doubt GW staff members have hurt feelings just because a part of a preview was leaked early, lets remember they are fully grown adults :laugh: 

Have you ever met a person before? People build these reveals for their actual profession, of course they get annoyed if somebody pulls the rug from under them just to score some internet points.

I

10 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Have you ever met a person before? People build these reveals for their actual profession, of course they get annoyed if somebody pulls the rug from under them just to score some internet points.

Minor annoyance maybe, i'm sure they get over it after a few minutes and are pleased to see people hyped over the models.  Claiming hurt feelings and broken hearts over it is ridiculously over dramatic.

Edited by Robbienw

Yeah the actual staff id spoken to about it before dont care, most of the time this is stuff they were working on months or years ago and its just nice to see it out in public. 

Marketing are probably more upset, but frankly, they bring it on themselves.

Hurt feelings is separate from the vehemently anti leak culture at HQ of course. They dont like leakers, but they arent upset by them on a personal level to much of a degree,

I think it was a little different when they were doing the HH open days for example. The folks presenting it then would have had a more personal interaction with its development.

That said, I'm quite looking forward to seeing the actual reveal for this and what goes with it. Considering we've only seen three of the poses, as the top left and bottom right are the same I think, there should be quite a lot of options in this kit. There could still be options for the Command Squad as well.

1 minute ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

That said, I'm quite looking forward to seeing the actual reveal for this and what goes with it. Considering we've only seen three of the poses, as the top left and bottom right are the same I think, there should be quite a lot of options in this kit. There could still be options for the Command Squad as well.

Looking at those two in particular we can see there is an option for the greaves. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on the new Indomitus multi-part kit, is it the same there?

I can understand annoyance from the PR team at things being leaked but if anything this has made me more excited for the preview. Not sure I'm going to wake up at 3am for it but I'll be on Warhammer Community as soon as I get up.

10 minutes ago, Dagoth Ur said:

If they were AI generated then the hands would look all sorts of scuffed.

Then they are photoshopped at least, take a good look at the small details. 

Upper left head is kind of weird and there are “extra bits” that kinda dont make sense

1 minute ago, SicklyPiglet said:

Upper left head is kind of weird and there are “extra bits” that kinda dont make sense

I hope I’m wrong though, something just seems off about them. 

10 minutes ago, SicklyPiglet said:

They are not photoshopped lol

The good news is it’s only 12 hours before hand and no team members are getting called to come shoot photos for the reveal on their day off. Only nerds who post on forums all day will see it :laugh:

1 minute ago, Blurf said:

Oh good, more big guys in big armor. They're different from all the other big guys in big armor because they're beige this time. That makes them not heinously boring.

Buddy this is a space marine forum

13 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Buddy this is a space marine forum

Except for Custodes, Guard, Sisters, Admech, Knights, Daemons, LatD, Aeldari, Drukhari, Votann, Tau, Orks, Necrons, Nids, GSC and various non marine subfactions in HH, other than those of course :thumbsup:

B&C hasn't been a marine forum for yonks. It's a 40k forum

Back on topic, it'll be good to see these in full Res photos, this looks to be a screenshot of a Codex or some other book?

They're definitely not an upgrade sprue, the MPK termies don't have any hero rocks

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

23 minutes ago, SicklyPiglet said:

Like what extra bits? I feel like at this point you're just imagining things for the sake of doing so. They're literally just blurry pics, dude. This isn't MK Ultra: Dark Angels edition.

10 minutes ago, Blurf said:

Oh good, more big guys in big armor. They're different from all the other big guys in big armor because they're beige this time. That makes them not heinously boring.

Indeed. A lot of us find them very, very exciting. Thanks for noticing :)