Deathwing Knights Leak

the real question is if this Deathwing knights kit also builds other varieties of terminators. The old one did... But if this one does too it would be competing with the codex terminator kit that just came out. 

Edited by Wispy

16 minutes ago, Wispy said:

the real question is if this Deathwing knights kit also builds other varieties of terminators. The old one did... But if this one does too it would be competing with the codex terminator kit that just came out. 

The rumor was that the basic Deathwing Terminators would be upgrades to the base Space Marine Terminator kit.

So I guess the question left is whether it builds the command squad still.

I imagine this kit will only make Deathwing Knights, and that an upgrade sprue will allow the regular Terminator kit to be upgraded to Deathwing Terminators. 

I could be wrong of course. I think GW could really make things easy for themselves and for hobbyists by leaning more into upgrade sprues for various units and chapters.

I think the Dark Angels deserve an upgrade sprue similar to what the Black Templars got, and perhaps even a unique vehicle upgrade. It would be very thematic if the DA have access to an additional Plasma Cannon on vehicles, as an example.

1 minute ago, Orange Knight said:

I imagine this kit will only make Deathwing Knights, and that an upgrade sprue will allow the regular Terminator kit to be upgraded to Deathwing Terminators. 

I could be wrong of course. I think GW could really make things easy for themselves and for hobbyists by leaning more into upgrade sprues for various units and chapters.

I think the Dark Angels deserve an upgrade sprue similar to what the Black Templars got, and perhaps even a unique vehicle upgrade. It would be very thematic if the DA have access to an additional Plasma Cannon on vehicles, as an example.

I personally would prefer Deathwing Terminators be upgraded from the base ones. It adds a lot more customization options, where you can scale a squad with more or less of the specific bits, which gives a lot of possibilities for variation.

For my current Deathwing, I was always looking at crossing them back with kits like the Space Marine Heroes, as there wasn't as much design room as I had wanted to make the army more varied.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

When everyone is Primaris noone is Primaris. We'll be back to them all just being space marines.

I quite like these and could be tempted to build a new squad of knights. They'll utterly dwarf my resin cataphractii ones though.

Those helmets fix a lot of the problems I have with the Terminator helmets while also not being to radically different 

Im hoping for lots of options in the box, we still need to see two more unique bodies as ones a duplicate on this shot 

fingers crossed for a generic Strikemaster + Champion build in the box 

Hoping for see some HQ’s and the upgrade sprue too 

4 hours ago, Wispy said:

i mean, that's their diplomatic answer, but they are obviously scaled consistent to Primaris Space Marines range. The datasheet and options are all the same so whatever models you decide to use - old or new - its all functionally the same.

I suppose you could technically mix the old and new kits into squads if you want, though for my part I don't want to see the older, smaller terminators standing next to my new guys ever.

Unless you consider the Primaris stuff to be exclusively about scale (I mean, I do, but I also disavow that there’s anything called Primaris at all and they are all just Marines anyway), then sure - they are definitely scaled according to the Primaris line.

If you are making it about using the Keyword “Primaris”, then obviously it’s not a diplomatic answer, it’s just the answer - the keyword isn’t included, so by the rules, they aren’t Primaris per se.

I like the new helmets, they definitely jive with me for Dark Angels, etc.  I really do want to see the Space Wolves’ Wolf Guard Terminators still have the more traditional helm style though - it looks more animalistic to me, which I like for the Wolves.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

3 minutes ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Unless you consider the Primaris stuff to be exclusively about scale (I mean, I do, but I also disavow that there’s anything called Primaris at all and they are all just Marines anyway), then sure - they are definitely scaled according to the Primaris line.

If you are making it about using the Keyword “Primaris”, then obviously it’s not a diplomatic answer, it’s just the answer - the keyword isn’t included, so by the rules, they aren’t Primaris per se.

I like the new helmets, they definitely jive with me for Dark Angels, etc.  I really do want to see the Space Wolves’ Wolf Guard Terminators still have the more traditional helm style though - it looks more animalistic to me, which I like for the Wolves.

I'd love to see new Wolf Guard Terminators. Been working on a Woflspear project and those would be fantastic for it. My Drakeslayers will stay all the old sculpts and complete themselves as such, so I'm looking forward to some new stuff for that army.

The helmets I do like as well. I want to say it looks like there's a piece of trim in them, but my eyes could just be bad. That'd definitely be a nice touch if so.

3 hours ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Well the Primaris keyword doesn't exist anymore, so for unit that can be either Primaris or firstborn in the lore, scale is the only meaningful distinction. Epecially when you set them across pretty recent Chaos Terminator kits. 

in any case, with rescaled scouts and termies, we're a mere Tactical Marine kit update away from the distinction no longer mattering.

Edited by Wispy

2 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I'd love to see new Wolf Guard Terminators. Been working on a Woflspear project and those would be fantastic for it. My Drakeslayers will stay all the old sculpts and complete themselves as such, so I'm looking forward to some new stuff for that army.

I had quite a bit of fun combining the iconography and pelty bits from the old Wolf Guard kits to the new ones. Lots of reusable parts.

Many a Black Templars are rejoicing in the conversions they can make with this! 

Great miniatures ! 

I think deathwing terminators are still coming. These was leaked so they probably needed to reveal them. If read there wasnt a video before them just straight up pictures. So seems like they didnt want to reveal them now. 

Seems like the flail is gone. Which is sad. Maybe its an enhancement now? 

Wondering what the swords do compared to the maces?

These are cool, but again there are a couple of issues which are annoying.

No DA iconography on the greaves - this has been a  feature of all deathwing terminators previously, looks wrong without it.

Whilst cool, the Swords are a bit generic space marine.  At least some of the swords should have had the DA style leaf shape ends.

The chin bar on the hooded bare head is irritating.  Detracts from the sinister hooded bare head look a bit.

Lastly, no flail!  Hopefully it’s still in there and just wasn’t shown.

5 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

These are cool, but again there are a couple of issues which are annoying.

No DA iconography on the greaves - this has been a  feature of all deathwing terminators previously, looks wrong without it.

Whilst cool, the Swords are a bit generic space marine.  At least some of the swords should have had the DA style leaf shape ends.

The chin bar on the hooded bare head is irritating.  Detracts from the sinister hooded bare head look a bit.

Lastly, no flail!  Hopefully it’s still in there and just wasn’t shown.

The chin bar is weird, looks like Robocop wearing a hood. The super low res leaked image made it seem different, like it was the hooded rebreather head from the original kit.

hooded rebreather head.PNG