Astartes MKVI Assault Marines

29 minutes ago, Stitch5000 said:

I have a certain nostalgic love for these models, but they look like they are ready to mount on small bicycles. 

It's going to sound like something from the "three Yorkshiremen" sketch, but we were happy just to have something that was supposed to resemble running legs.

Not to mention having to walk all the way in the snow to the game store, uphill both ways, of course...

54 minutes ago, Antarius said:

You monsters!
But yeah, those are the ones :cry:

And it gets worse - I actually equipped lots of them with plasma pistols...

My metal second edition ones had all powerfists and chainswords for parrying. :biggrin:

Just got confirmation mine just shipped so should be here tomorrow, can't wait to get stuck into those close combat weapon arms.

Edited by Doghouse

1 hour ago, Doghouse said:

My metal second edition ones had all powerfists and chainswords for parrying. :biggrin:

Just got confirmation mine just shipped so should be here tomorrow, can't wait to get stuck into those close combat weapon arms.

Mine are currently out for delivery. Very exciting. I'm thinking of one squad with combat shields as they look cool [but little use] and the others will get a pair of mauls and a power spear. 

I already have 2 15 man squads so these will be handy roadblocks...

These assault marines are a good addition and have far wider applications.

-Up armoured chest plates are ideal for a variety of units- HSS, tac supports, despoilers.

-Running legs for seekers, recons, tac marines etc.

-Combo with mk III- swap the pad with a mk III, keep the studded, use the mk III arm armour and the chest plate. Oh look, you have field mk V for HSS, tac supports etc that need a bit more protection. 

-You have the missing bolt pistols and chain swords for stock sarges. 

-You can make these into destroyers with some planning. 

A lot of the complaints with this kit are overblown, it solves more problems by merely existing. 

26 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Agree there - even just remove the packs and you have despoilers, and as destroyers have a chainsword now, you can proxy them as less-cool-looking destroyers with no issues (I'd still add a second holster though).

They look awful without the packs because the harnesses are part of the front plate of the armour. 

They are great assault marines. I am happy for that. We've never had such proliferate and affordable assault marines.