Astartes MKVI Assault Marines

9 minutes ago, Wraith776 said:

Wonder what is going on with GW shipping that products are delayed in Aus all the time. 

The sea, ports, and the navigation of the above via massive ships loaded with boxes... It is different now compared to what it was pre-COVID/Brexit. 

It is unpredictable in timescale and it seems they are not willing to delay global releases based on area-specific delays anymore. 

image.png?ex=6576f2c4&is=65647dc4&hm=381

Bit steeper than I was hoping for.

GBP      -  £42.50
EUR      -  €55.00
USD      -  $70.00
CAD      -  $85.00
AUD      -  $117.00
NZD      -  $139.00

Edited by Joe
Adding in lesser currencies.

45 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

£2.50 cheaper for ten fewer models than the Tactical boxes? Am I reading it right?

£2.50 cheaper than mk3 and £7.50 cheaper than the MK6........still no idea why the mk3 are a fiver cheaper than the MK6.

44 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

£2.50 cheaper for ten fewer models than the Tactical boxes? Am I reading it right?

I guess the sprue space is taken up by the 10 jetpacks and all those extra shield options? Not the best value proposition. 

16 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

My guess... [CAD]

MkIII are $90 for 20

Primaris assault marines $70 for 5

Primaris intercessors $75 for 10

MkVI assault marines... $80-90 for 10?

Halve the price for GBP

Never thought I'd be quoting myself but it's right in the midpoint of where I thought.

2 boxes it'll be that'll put me on 2 squads of 15 and a block of 20. 

Will just need some special combat weapons to drop to finish the squad at some point in spring :( if only GW were releasing the close combat weapon special weapons at the same time. That'd be too sensible though...

Just now, Wormwoods said:

I guess the sprue space is taken up by the 10 jetpacks and all those extra shield options? Not the best value proposition. 

However, it's better than paying twice the price of the jump primaris box isn't it?

What were you hoping for? It wasn't going to be costed at half a tac squad box. Chainswords, shields and jump packs all take up more sprue space than a Bolter. 

At least they're finally here and honestly, priced pretty much as expected.

53 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

I was thinking the same. I expected something a bit more cheaper. Not a box of power armored line troops nearly as expensive as a Terminator box, with the same number of miniatures.

I thought "bulky" was just a rule for the game, not also for the price!

9 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

However, it's better than paying twice the price of the jump primaris box isn't it?

What were you hoping for? It wasn't going to be costed at half a tac squad box. Chainswords, shields and jump packs all take up more sprue space than a Bolter. 

At least they're finally here and honestly, priced pretty much as expected.

Not a half, that's true. But still a quite significant "discount". 

1 minute ago, Nagashsnee said:

God these make the 40k primaris assault marine monopose at what 80% of the cost for 50% of the models with less options look so so so much worse its being parody. 

That's one of the main reasons they aren't $80 for 20.

16 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

What are you trying to say?

The way I read it, is that the Primaris models have fewer options and bad poses, while being close in price and only having half as many, making the MK VI assault marines a significantly better product.

(please correct me if I elaborated that wrong @Nagashsnee)

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

To be clear, I wasn't expecting them to be half the price. I know GW runs its pricing model, such as it is, based on the number of sprues. But it does still seem quite pricey to me. Although, still half the cost of a ten man resin assault squad!

In other news, I just went back to the Sunday Preview article and the transfers appear to have vanished...

Screenshot2023-11-27at14_35_35.thumb.png.371f8e435820c668af07bb36aad859ef.png

That does seem to be true. Perhaps they're delayed a week or so, like the traitor Champion was. Might keep an eye out for a social media post from them.

It's still on the 'This Week in Warhammer' video on youtube.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

1 hour ago, Astartes Consul said:

To be clear, I wasn't expecting them to be half the price. I know GW runs its pricing model, such as it is, based on the number of sprues. But it does still seem quite pricey to me. Although, still half the cost of a ten man resin assault squad!

I'm sorry I just don't get it, what did you think they would cost here? Again bear in mind 5 assault marines were £35 prior to being retired compared to the £35 10 man tac squad. Even if it's just volumes of plastic I think it's the same volume as the mk6 marines.

Yeah got to say I'm not seeing the issue here on the price, even the recently retired 40K "firstborn" Assault Squad was more expensive at £25 per 5 when it came out, and that was in 2015!

Edited by Halandaar

2 hours ago, Astartes Consul said:

In other news, I just went back to the Sunday Preview article and the transfers appear to have vanished...

Screenshot2023-11-27at14_35_35.thumb.png.371f8e435820c668af07bb36aad859ef.png

Just checked GW's HH facebook and it seems they weren't meant to go out yet, saying they are 'delayed'.