Astartes MKVI Assault Marines

They look great - weird jump packs aside. Like that there are combat shields for all as well and much prefer the chainswords to the hooked despoiler upgrade ones. 

Finally, I am genuinely surprised nothing else was even teased. Having broadly stuck to the Roadmap all year, I don’t think I was the only one expecting a bit more…

6 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I actually love that they changed the jump pack from Zephon's design. The stubby thrusters are cool and unique I don't feel like i'm looking at a mash up of mk 2 and 40k mk 12 jump packs.

I liked how the Zephon jump pack looked so this is a bit disappointing. The more compact design lacks the presence of the other Heresy era jump packs or the Mars Pattern used in M41. I would probably use Mk4 jump packs on my assault marines or a 3d printed alternative.

Very please to see the chainswords are right handed. I’ve got a stash of the Ultramarines firstborn upgrade power sword saved for making a Locutarus squad. 

I’ll definitely get a normal squad or two as well. The chainsword design is so much better than the resin despoiler kit ones. 

1 hour ago, Robbienw said:

These are superb.  Great feel of motion in the posing.

Really? I feel most of them look ungainly and as if they're holding poses no one actually would. Particularly on the left hand side of the picture.

Now a lot of that can probably be alleviated by making better choices with the arm positioning, but the feet are planted on a lot of them. The old mk. VI tactical marines aren't disimilar, but still have more dynamic legs.
99550101512_LegionMK6CorvusArmour01.jpg.b6e84010f2a46b9c119a3022b411d947.jpg

20 minutes ago, Marshal Mittens said:

Does it come with enough combat shields for everyone? Could be useful for converting them into other legion specific squads that have shields. 

Yep.

"You’ll also find enough combat shields for the entire squad, plus options for the Assault Sergeant – including a choice of helmeted and unhelmeted heads, a melta bomb, a power fist, and lightning claws for both hands."

3 hours ago, sockwithaticket said:

Really? I feel most of them look ungainly and as if they're holding poses no one actually would. Particularly on the left hand side of the picture.

Now a lot of that can probably be alleviated by making better choices with the arm positioning, but the feet are planted on a lot of them. The old mk. VI tactical marines aren't disimilar, but still have more dynamic legs.

Yes really.  The posing looks realistic and conveys a sense of motion you'd expect from an assault squad.  Much better than floaty intercessors for example.

8 minutes ago, soviet1337 said:

These look great. Jump packs look good but it'd be nice to get a clear view from behind. It's disappointing to still be locked into the same old sergeant upgrades, that was one aspect of the HH sprue efficiency that hasn't worked IMO. I will wait for the close combat weapons sprue before putting anything together. 

I don't think it's the same options, as it mentions having a power fist and twin lightning claws.

They may end up including that sprue, but at least the other hand lightning claw is new. I think they don't include the sprue though, as the pistol holsters are empty, so different, and they omit the power sword.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

These are definitely some of the assault marines of all time.

They don't look particularly dynamic to me.  They mostly have their feet flat on the bases and I think visually you could swap these leg poses with the five tactical poses (and get 10 unique in a squad), so it's kind of annoying that's not possible.

Jump packs are... there.   Just waiting on a price and a release date and I can finish one of my HH projects.

Is it reasonable to assume that these will have hands moulded to weapons with a join at the wrist? I'm wondering about compatibility with FW's chainaxes.

1 hour ago, Cactus said:

Is it reasonable to assume that these will have hands moulded to weapons with a join at the wrist? I'm wondering about compatibility with FW's chainaxes.

I'm not sure but there are combat shields for every marine and it seems the chainswords aren't in fixed positions on the example models so for now I'm going to assume the arms and weapons are seperate. Im also assuming that they designed the kit for compatibility with the melee weapons set dropping in spring.