A Time of Reaving Interest

Black Cohort

Hmm, it's an interesting one...

The Agri-World is probably an easier target, but the Industrial World will have much better gear to 'borrow'? Of course, the AdMech outpost could be great or it could be terrible, depending whether the Forge World in question is Loyalist or Traitor...

29 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Hmm, it's an interesting one...

The Agri-World is probably an easier target, but the Industrial World will have much better gear to 'borrow'? Of course, the AdMech outpost could be great or it could be terrible, depending whether the Forge World in question is Loyalist or Traitor...

It is supposedly garrisoned by a squad of Iron Warriors. This could be advantages or not. Also it might mean that they have Astartes suitable supplies and such.

15 hours ago, Trokair said:

It is supposedly garrisoned by a squad of Iron Warriors. This could be advantages or not. Also it might mean that they have Astartes suitable supplies and such.

The only problem with that is we'll likely expend more ammunition than we might recoup.

I suspect something rotten lurks at the heart of this agri-world....and it isn't the dog's milk.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Placeholder filled

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/381788-a-time-of-reaving-ic/?do=findComment&comment=6009133

I assume that if Hadad does know anything that could be used to get the garrison to open up and let him in it will require some form of Lore or Ciphers (Chapter Runes) check, either and or to retrieve it from his memory or for it to be still current and relevant to that garrison.  

16 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Placeholder filled

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/381788-a-time-of-reaving-ic/?do=findComment&comment=6009133

I assume that if Hadad does know anything that could be used to get the garrison to open up and let him in it will require some form of Lore or Ciphers (Chapter Runes) check, either and or to retrieve it from his memory or for it to be still current and relevant to that garrison.  

that would be logical

My, Elvrit is a big lad.

Hadad is almost done I think, I am happy with him as he is now, but debating whether to try yellow or even hazard stripes.

large.UtuMotHadadWIP1.png.af6b3370b00351

Also I may have over done the drybrushing, so perhaps some point specific wash panel lining, if I can be precise enough.  

Spoiler

large.UtuMotHadadWIP2.png.4ffeeda20c4b55

Thanks gents!

@Tro: If you don't feel able to do stripes, what if you did something black and something else yellow, just to bring the IW colour palette in? Eg. a yellow shoulder pad and black on the autocannon casing, or something like that?

He's a cracking mini though, great sense of weight in the way he's carrying the big gun!

Edited by Lysimachus

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Thanks gents!

@Tro: If you don't feel able to do stripes, what if you did something black and something else yellow, just to bring the IW colour palette in? Eg. a yellow shoulder pad and black on the autocannon casing, or something like that?

He's a cracking mini though, great sense of weight in the way he's carrying the big gun!

That is much more likely, and I have been considering  something along those lines, will see how it goes.  

2 hours ago, Trokair said:

Yes, very much so, my hands are from steady, and yellow is not the easiest colour to work with...

Ok, I'll give what advice I can as a veteran Imperial Fist player/painter/modeller, and a complete amateur at Adeptus Titanicus. I don't have shaky hands, but I do have a muscular eye imbalance which skews my perspective and stops me from freehand cutting/painting/drawing straight.

Firstly, yellow: It's actually really easy IMHO. Forget building up from black, brown or whatever. The key to yellow is white, and your white should have good coverage and smoothness. That is the big secret. Once you have that white you can either: Paint yellow, or use yellow ink to avoid streaking, and depending on how bright you want it. An option I used was to ink orange, then paint yellow, which makes the yellow a very warm, golden colour, which can be highlighted.

Secondly, stripes: Did you ever see my Legio Crucius, with the black and white stripes? How clean and neat they were? The key is Jammy Dog Micro masking tape. They do it in 0.5, 1.0, 1.5 and 2mm widths, which are low tack, meaning no gum left on the model. (An old hand showed me this). Look for a hobby store/model shop near to you if you can.

• Rip off a shoulder pad,
  • spray white,
  • paint yellow,
  • apply tape, (make sure flat to prevent bleed),
  • paint black stripes,
  • do metallics now, because you're blacking anyway, and the tape covers the precious yellow,
  • drybrush stripes with a bit of grey for highlight,
  • highlight yellow, remove tape.

You don't need a lot of hazard stripes (just like Lysi says), - just a couple to give the 'impression' of hazards, if you know what I mean? 

Music to paint Hazard Stripes by: (I would use Electric Six, High Voltage, but you're too young).

Spoiler

I hope this helps/gives an option.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Electric Six, High Voltage

I had forgotten this... SO epic!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ahem. On topic, I would be equally ok with Phastus or Phelorak. I think for my money Ghellion makes a little less sense, but I'm happy to go with that if the majority think so! :thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus