Mini of the Year 2023

I went for the Screamer-Killer. I’ve never collected Tyranids or been that inspired by them but it’s just such a dynamic sculpt. Space Marines are just marines - sure they are alright but no marine will ever be imaginative enough to be the best mini of the year IMO; not even a Primarch.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

I also went for the AoS Harbinger of Decay. 

I can see the Lion and Angron being big contenders. When you look back at previous winners it's easy to see that large flashy miniatures get the votes, and Mortarion, Magnus and Belakor are previous winners (setting the trend).

I'm going to say it - AoS had the better models this year, and this coming during a 40k edition update year with a giant new box of miniatures.

I do wish they could sort out the voting form. It was like this last year, trawling through an endless list of releases sorted by time released. Can we not group them, perhaps sort them alphabetically with game system at the start? Absolute headache. 

I think there are so many excellent AoS models this year that they'll split the vote, and a 40k centrepiece (Lion or Angron) will get it. This has been the best year for AoS minis since they launched it imho, even better than the Dominion launch year.

I really wonder what the lineup of Heresy plastics will look like this time next year, with a "mystery army" on the way and a command squad in the works.

I would have gone for the FEC judge, but alas he isn't available. Instead, like many others I suspect, I went for the Nurgle Herald. Such a fantastic mini.

The 40k centrepieces didn't really jump out at me this year, the Lion and Angron are fine, but not my thing  A lot of the new SM and nids were refreshes, which again are fine and needed, but lose a bit of impact due to being more refinements on something known, rather than jaw dropping brand new stuff like say Be'lakor was. 

Edited by irlLordy

Now that Plastic and Resin are on the same webstore, the two should be mixed from next year, right? Right?

My vote is for the LI Astartes Infantry sets. There have literally been zero complaints about them at any point in the whole of the internet :biggrin: 

1 hour ago, Wispy said:

It's the Age of Sigmar manticore dude and not close. 

Dudette ;)

I don't think it's as straightforward as angron wins. Angron, the Lion, the Manticore, new Slann, nurgle horse dude... honestly it's been a brilliant year and it's a good job resin can't be voted for :P

3 minutes ago, irlLordy said:

I would have gone for the FEC judge, but alas he isn't available. Instead, like many others I suspect, I went for the Nurgle Herald. Such a fantastic mini.

The 40k centrepieces didn't really jump out at me this year, the Lion and Angron are fine, but not my thing  A lot of the new SM and nids were refreshes, which again are fine and needed, but lose a bit of impact due to being more refinements on something known, rather than jaw dropping brand new stuff like say Be'lakor was. 

Be’lakor was a refresh too

Edited by TheArtilleryman

The Manticore did cross my mind, the Manticore itself is absolutely gorgeous, and if it didnt have the rider (and her throne shed) it would have been a shoe in but she brings the whole piece down, her and her shed throne.