Mini of the Year 2023

3 hours ago, crimsondave said:

Too bad Angron and Lion came out the same year.  Those are two of the best minis ever.

Not forgetting Fulgrim this year as well.

[which is THE best mini ever in my humble opinion]

Edited by 01RTB01

Unsurprising result, of course the top two spots were going to be Primarchs regardless of whether the actual models deserved to win. I am surprised to see Farsight up there in 3rd though, didn't think a Tau model stood a chance with the fierce competition this year.

Also surprised to see Ushoran nowhere, not even an honourable mention. I didn't think AoS stood a chance in a popularity contest with 40k, but this year has been really good for amazing models over there, and I'd have thought that more people would've recognised that.

17 minutes ago, Legionary Pallas said:

Also surprised to see Ushoran nowhere, not even an honourable mention. I didn't think AoS stood a chance in a popularity contest with 40k, but this year has been really good for amazing models over there, and I'd have thought that more people would've recognised that.

Ushoran isn't out, he'll be a 2024 mini.

1 hour ago, Legionary Pallas said:

Unsurprising result, of course the top two spots were going to be Primarchs regardless of whether the actual models deserved to win. I am surprised to see Farsight up there in 3rd though, didn't think a Tau model stood a chance with the fierce competition this year.

Ushoran wasn't eligible as it hadn't released. Next year however...

I was surprised to see Farsight so high up, I think AoS had the better minis in 2023 [again] despite the results. 

3 hours ago, CL_Mission said:

Sad not too see the Harbinger of Decay in the top three, I'm sure there is some level of popularity contest in the voting but it's such a good model.

It's absolutely gorgus model and I would take it over Lion, although I would prefer them to keep the more rugged tack of the original and keep the stag horns on the chainmail head.

If a primarch had to win (and it seems one did) then I'm glad it was Charles Dance and not Angron, I don't even think Angron was the best daemon primarch model this year.   But I think people mostly vote for their faction. I always try to vote for a model I actually bought (although in my case that could be practically any faction).

1 hour ago, de Selby said:

If a primarch had to win (and it seems one did) then I'm glad it was Charles Dance and not Angron, I don't even think Angron was the best daemon primarch model this year.   But I think people mostly vote for their faction. I always try to vote for a model I actually bought (although in my case that could be practically any faction).

I voted for Tahlia. If it wasn't for the cost I'd have done a cities army. However, starting new armies is somewhat pricey in this day and age :(

2 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Ushoran isn't out, he'll be a 2024 mini.

2 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Ushoran wasn't eligible as it hadn't released. Next year however...

I was surprised to see Farsight so high up, I think AoS had the better minis in 2023 [again] despite the results. 

Uhhhhh, whoops.

Carry on then. :tongue:

Edited by Legionary Pallas

I voted for The Lion because that's the one that came to mind when I first saw the voting email. Having seen the others in the top 10, would I still vote for him? No, there were others I prefer, but I couldn't remember/picture them when going through the list.

It might help in future years if they pop a picture next to the vote button as well so we can see what some of them are that we either missed/forgot without having to trawl through all the link. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Not forgetting Fulgrim this year as well.

[which is THE best mini ever in my humble opinion]

Was that in the running?  I was thinking FW stuff wasn't in the running.  If so, Fulgrim should have been in the top 3 at least if not the winner.

14 hours ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

It's absolutely gorgus model and I would take it over Lion, although I would prefer them to keep the more rugged tack of the original and keep the stag horns on the chainmail head.

There are 3 head options I think, one of which has antlers. 

29 minutes ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

I'm aware, that's why I said I would prefer them to keep the antlers on the chainmail head (unicorn), not a helmet one. Still, a minor complaint.

Oh I see, fair play. 

12 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Primarchs remain undefeated in the year they are released

Well, at 2-3 released a year we can, at least, expect something else to win like 3 years from now. Kind of a limited pool of Primarchs to be making models for, thankfully. 

50 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Voted terminator squad. obviously wasn't gonna win. Out of the two obvious models who we're gonna win, im glad it was the Lion? Angron's cool, but he also just another big deamon monster.

Yeah, because what this game really lacks is big armored dudes with huge swords :laugh:

PS: I also wish Angron looked less like a bigger Bloodthirster.

1 hour ago, Wormwoods said:

Well, at 2-3 released a year we can, at least, expect something else to win like 3 years from now. Kind of a limited pool of Primarchs to be making models for, thankfully. 

Nah, then they'll move on to releasing HH Primarchs in plastic to keep the revenue flowing.