FW Warlord Titan Build

Go to solution Solved by SWORD BROTHER RYAN,

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Brother Christopher said:

This looks more like an industrial-level effort than hobby time.

These enormous resin kits must be extremely challenging and, I'd imagine, somewhat stressful to put together. After all it's an expensive kit of heavy resin.

I've always found it quite ironic how these models are priced and how much work, effort, tools and skills is needed to put them together. It would've felt right if they were assembled or at least as easy to work with as plastic kits. But they clearly are a niche product for only the hardiest of hobbyists.

Also, I don't want to send negative vibes; I'm just oversharing my feelings about the irony of the price-to-effort ratio (which totally is a thing :P) of these kits. They must be a great experience to put together: a tornado of pride, concern, joy, frustration, satisfaction, annoyance and awe,

Good luck; I'm keeping an eye on this.

Brother, you hit all the points there! I don't take any negative vibes from this. The project as a whole has been a dream of mine since I first learned of the existence of this model. It's challenging, to say the least, but you know, as BT's, we accept those, no matter the odds!

By the way, now that I have fully appeased the machine spirits of my pict capture device (mislabled "phone" earlier, I shall pay penance for this), I can now show off this:

Cannon Arms Assembled.jpg

I don't know what happened to the rest of my WIP pics, but here they are, fully assembled. I've left the armor panels off the gatling blaster to paint separately. These things are as long as my forearm!

Next steps... magnets!

Edited by SWORD BROTHER RYAN

• 3 weeks later...

Not much progress to speak of. I've been giving the magnet situation a LOT of thought, and I eventually concluded that the 1/4" magnets I had on hand were not going to be secure enough to mount the arms. I did find some great 3/4" ones yesterday though, so now...

I hope to have something to show this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so, the next time I go get magnets, I should bring a ruler. I bought 1" magnets instead of 3/4". No matter though, I have the space to work with. No pics to show right now, but I'm trying to get the angles of the upper arms right before I go too much further. Every part of the upper arms has to be adjusted and angled just right to get the weapons to not hit against the hips/legs and not look awkward. 

I'm going to be using a combination of epoxy and tactically placed screws to ensure that the upper arms stay where they are supposed to go. I need more hands.