=] Call to Arms 2023 Final Summary [=

Grotsmasha

image.png.22e579bd7a2cedda7757375028a77f04.png 

IMPERIUM  |  CHAOS  |  XENOS

Call to Arms 2023 Final Summary

First of all, my apologies for taking so long to wrap up the Event and present this Summary, my personal health really kicked me about for a few weeks there. BUT, I am once again healthy and really looking forward to you all seeing the reults of all of your hard work.

We will start with the Awards that also include Prizes. Big thanks to @Triszin for providing these awards, and being one of the main driving forces behind this Event.  There were five Categories with prizes available, which were Favourite Young Blood, for the best entry by a new-comer, chosen by Frater Poll. Master of the Forge, for the best Conversion or Kit-Bash as chosen by Triszin. Stronghold Artificer, the best entry for each of the three Strongholds, as chosen by Frater Poll. Master Artificer, the best entry of the three Stronghold Artificers, as chosen by Frater Poll, and lastly, Grand Marshal, awarded to the Frater who individually completed the most points of models across all three Strongholds.

Favourite Young Blood

Prize (1) - 1 Combat Patrol Box

- Unfortunaetly, there were no submissions for the Young Blood category, leaving the prize unclaimed.

Master of the Forge

Prize (1)- 1 Leviathan Starter Box

- There were quite a few oustanding entries into this category, spanning individual infantry models, all the way up to converted Landraiders. It was in fact one of these converted Landraiders that ulimately caught Triszin's eye, and claimed the Master of the Forge Badge and Prize.

Please join me in congratulating...

Spoiler

Brother Christopher's Land Raider Executioner

large.MasteroftheForge.png.74e413effa836

Well done to Brother Christopher on such an expansive conversion. With he attention to detail, and thoroughness of the conversion, it's no wonder this beauty caught Triszin's eye.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Stronghold Artificers

Prizes (3) - 1 Character Model Blister/Clam

POLLS: IMPERIUM  |  CHAOS  |  XENOS

- Aross the three Strongholds there were many fantastic entries, with the Mods and Admins having the difficult task of getting the ball rolling by voting to wittle each Stronghold down to just three entries each for the Frater to vote on for the Stronghold Artificer Badge. The Frater then voted on those three models to declare a Stronghold Artificer to face another round of polling against the other Strongholds Artificers for the title of Master Artificer.

Below you will find the three Stronghold Artificers, please join me in congratulating them on their oustanding entries,

Spoiler

Imperium - Brother Argent's Terminator Captain

large.ArtificerImperium.png.645d911f34c8

large.TerminatorCaptainAfter.jpg.1cb26e2e855d9439a6dc896134055cc6.jpg

Chaos - Brother Captain Arkley's Azrakh the Annihilator

large.ArtificerChaos.png.96a44c9ce9c23fc

20230829_001302.jpg

Xenos - Azaiel's Warboss

large.ArtificerXenos.png.a670300097dc9fe

vvUlvuX.jpg

Grand Marshal

Prize (1) - 1 Character Model Blister/Clam

- We had a total of three Frater complete over 200 points worth of models, a truely monumental achievement. Competing in the Imperium and Xenos Strongholds, we had Bourgh complete 201 points worth of models and competing in the Imperium Stronghold, we had SgtSharpe complete 214 points worth of models. However, 214 points was just shy of claiming the title of Grand Marshal, that honour goes to....

Spoiler

...Dwango!!!! 

Coming in at a whopping 235 points wrth of models spread between the Chaos and Xenos Strongholds. Congratulations, that's quite a few models, well done.

large.GrandMarshal.png.ba20cb78d8c0765e0

Now we come to the answer we've all been waiting for;

Which Stronghold has claimed victory, and bragging rights over the others?

Masters of the Horde

This badge is awarded to the participants of the Stronghold that completed the highest overall points worth of models.

Please join me in congratulating the....

Spoiler

Xenos Stronghold

large.MasteroftheHordeXenos.png.548c43b3

Out of 1,957 points worth of models pledged, the 8 Xenos Forums manged to complete 1,369 points worth of models.

That equates to a 70% Completion Rate, which is a fantastic result.

If you completed your Vows in the Xenos Stronghold, you may add the Masters of the Horde badge to your signature.

Masters of the Call

This badge is awarded to  the Participants of the Stronghold that has the Highest Participation vs. Completion Percentage.

Please join me in congratulating the...

Spoiler

Chaos Stronghold

large.MasteroftheCallChaos.png.14dce54a9

A special thanks need to go out to @Dr_Ruminahui, he was instramental in Chaos' success at securing the highest completion rate within the Call to Arms.

Dr_Ruminahui was ever present within the Stronghold, offering advice and motivation and words of encouargement, almost daily.

This led to the Chaos Stronghold completing 646 points of models out of a potential 677 points, missing the 100% mark by just 31 points.

It was however, enough to secure a 95% Completion Rate, 25% higher than the Xenos, and 30% higher than the Imperium's efforts.

If you completed your Vows in the Chaos Stronghold, you may add the Masters of the Call badge to your signature.

Master Artificer

This badge is awarded to the voted best painted Model, chosen by Frater Poll, from the 3 Stronghold Artificers.

POLL: Master Artificer Poll

Surviving three rounds of voting, from a sea of excellent entries,

please join me in congatulating 2023's Call to Arms Master Artificer...

Spoiler

Azaiel

large.MasterArtificer.png.6d8474015e4093

Azaiel's oustanding Ork Warboss is a masterfully painted and converted model, and is well deserving of the

Master Artificer title.

vvUlvuX.jpg

Previously there have been some issues with sizing/formatting to add these Badges into you Signatures, the *best and most reliable* way we've found to reduce these issues is to;

- Right click on the badge

- Select "Copy Image Link"

- Paste the link into your signature, and the forum software will automatically turn it into the image.

and with that, we are at the end. Thank you all, once again. Without your participation and support, this event would not be the success it was,

so pat yourselves on theback, maybe even a high-five, you all deserve it.

Hoping to see you all at the next Forge Event.....

Edited by Grotsmasha

27 minutes ago, Teetengee said:

So...are we allowed dancing on this one:wink:?

Congrats everyone, and I loved seeing all the fun entries!

Is there a list of the forge entries somewhere? I'd love to see all the conversions!

I have them somewhere, I'll dig them out when I'm @ a PC

Thank you again Grot for running such an amazing event.  And thank you everyone whom voted for my Captain for the Artificer award.  I'm convinced there were others better but there is a saying about gift horses and oral hygiene.

I am sorry to be one of only two to have failed Chaos, and with such a small vow, when they were so close to 100% completion.  Sadly enough even if I had completed both my Xenos vow and my Chaos vow I still wouldn't have got the most points painted so huge congrats to @Dwango.

Thanks again all and I look forward to next years event.

Here are all of the Master of the Forge submissions/considerations,

Brother Chrsitopher's Land Raider Executioner - a counts-as Repulsar Executioner

image.thumb.jpeg.934dae67d0a6b74fbc051d7a5b9dc09a.jpeg

Brother Captain Arkley's Daemon Perturabo

20230718_232431.thumb.jpg.c0cb1a3426190528ce07c16c312a1f82.jpg

Dr_Ruminahui's Lucius

xImG7Ff.jpg

Grotsmasha's Dark Angel Master

large.PSX_20230923_022607.jpg.ea1e7451d8

Metzombie's Patient Zero - it's a Plague Spartan I guess...

20231001_140416.thumb.jpg.d5b7b0dc17392adf5d2450d0eae844f0.jpg

Teetengee's Lord on Juggernaught

Aew7dNr.png

Bouargh - Converted Venom - solo image taken from Gallery

Harlequins_StarWeaver2.jpg

Dwango - Necromunda Skimmer

PXL_20230830_195233832.thumb.jpg.ae2ec5fbda1248f0820adb9f35f0906e.jpg

Trawling Cleaner's Yncarne

IMG_20230915_104108_842.jpg?ex=656b2466&

Azaiel - Warboss

vvUlvuX.jpg

Azaiel - Painboy and Assistant

B62TcJE.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Wowzers!! Becoming Grand Marshal has truly surprised me! Thank you @Grotsmashaand @Triszin a wonderful event. I look forward to the next one. 

Looking through those conversions, they are all superb.

Well done @Brother Christopher and @Azaiel both worthy winners.