January 6th 40k Made-To-Order Wave (inc. Forge World)

From this week's pre-order preview.

• Necron Overlord w/ Staff of Light
  • Necron Overlord with Resurrection Orb
  • Cryptek
  • Destroyer Lord 
  • Huron Blackheart
  • Iron Warriors Warsmith

• Lugft Huron
  • Sevrin Loth (inc Honour Guard)
  • Casan Sabius and Sirae Karagon (inc diorama base)
  • Land Speeder Tempest
  • Necron Sentry Pylon
  • Seraptek Heavy Construct Singularity Generators

The archives are opening for a brief period in January, and a range of classic Warhammer 40,000 models will be available to order. Two Necron Overlords – one with a staff of light, the other with a resurrection orb – will be joined by a classic Cryptek, as well as an upgrade kit to turn a plastic Destroyer into a Destroyer Lord. All four of these kits are resin, as is Huron Blackheart, the opportunistic Chaos Space Marines master of the Red Corsairs. If you’re more into machines, a metal Iron Warriors Warsmith will make an excellent Chaos Lord or Exalted Champion.

A host of resin miniatures originally released by Forge World will also be available on Made to Order. Space Marine commanders can add a range of resin heroes to their armies, including Lugft Huron, Chapter Master of the Astral Claws, from before he fled into the Maelstrom. You’ll also find Sevrin Loth of the Red Scorpions along with his Honour Guard (not pictured), and more Red Scorpions in the Regents of the Ordon Rift, comprising Casan Sabius and Sirae Karagon, complete with a diorama base.

The Land Speeder Tempest, meanwhile, will add some fast firepower to any Space Marine collection. Necron Overlords can enhance their forces with some seriously heavy firepower in the form of Necron Sentry Pylon armed with a terrifying death ray, as well as a set of singularity generators – a weapon option for the Seraptek Heavy Construct.

All of these items will be available from the 6th January, and are Made to Order, delivered within 180 days.

Edited by Lord Marshal

As much as I am glad to see the Regents of the Ordon Rift back in production, they were terribly overpriced, likely due to the massive scenic base (I am not against scenic bases, but this one does not really add much). I do not expect them to be any cheaper during the MtO, likely even more expensive.

It is really a pity, as the sculpts are really nice, and the bodies hemselves do not have that many Red Scorpions specific symbols, making them potential kitbashes for characters.

Hmmmmmmmm. Been musing how best to go about recreating Loth and his Honour Guard in modern scale, maybe the actual kit is the straightforward source of parts. Price dependent obviously; there's a lot of other stuff on that reveal vying for my Christmas funds.

Although I have no great interest in The Old World at the moment I'll be interested to see how these boxes do and if this set up could be applied to 40k. I don't really see GW dropping the current set up of two opposing forces in the starter box but getting a larger force of one army with the rule book would be nice. Getting two forces is goof for splitting with other people or encouraging people to try new armies, I might not be cultivating a Necron army if it wasn't for Indomitus  and the same with Tyranids and Leviathan. 

59 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Hmmmmmmmm. Been musing how best to go about recreating Loth and his Honour Guard in modern scale, maybe the actual kit is the straightforward source of parts. Price dependent obviously; there's a lot of other stuff on that reveal vying for my Christmas funds.

I've seen the special chest plates from that kit show up on various Primaris conversions and they looked alright. I think Loth will require a Tortuga Maximus body and some transplant work with sculpting.