January 6th 40k Made-To-Order Wave (inc. Forge World)

On 1/1/2024 at 4:39 AM, Castellan Wulfrik said:

Well, I guess Sevrin Loth is getting a transfer to the Night Lords Raptors. Anyone know how he compares to the new HH infantry? I can only find photos comparing him to primaris online. 

He's actually really close same size as them. He was really big when released same as that Raven guard guy with the hammer. Some of the honour guard torsos are a bit bigger too and look great with new marine legs. But his shoulder pads are like 1993 sized so really small early fw might wanna swap those out.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:11 PM, Halandaar said:

Hmmmmmmmm. Been musing how best to go about recreating Loth and his Honour Guard in modern scale, maybe the actual kit is the straightforward source of parts. Price dependent obviously; there's a lot of other stuff on that reveal vying for my Christmas funds.

Good thing he's actually modern scale. The red scorpions stuff was kinda all over the place. The old veteran kit has been a source for smaller mark 4 heads while the Loth and friends set has made for nice conversions too bad I accidently melted loth himself.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

Classic GW. Just when I think "that's enough plastic/resin for now" they do this. :P
I hadn't previously appreciated how good the Sevrin Loth Miniature was - and how little in the way of Scorpion iconography he actually has on him. Looks like the Ultramarines' Librarius just gained another Epistolary! :P

What is the point of even queuing to buy Made to Order models? It's not like they're going to sell out of Red Scorpions at 10am that's kind of the whole point of MTO, no?

Edited by Tyriks
removed off topic quote/ response

37 minutes ago, Kaiju Soze said:

£20 for Huron Blackheart and £15 for the Warsmith are better prices than I expected.

On the other hand, £57.50 for Loth and his Honour Guard and £75 for the Wardens are both pretty outrageous.

Yeah ive nearly bought the Wardens a couple of time as ive had soooo many red scorpions bits over the years collecting heresy stuff before FW supported it and every time they were far too expensive! 

Well, I caved and ordered the Wardens. I have to say I have the impression last time I saw them on FW the price was even more expensive (caveat: I'm EU based, and the FW conversion rates have always been wonky). 

16 hours ago, Halandaar said:

What is the point of even queuing to buy Made to Order models? It's not like they're going to sell out of Red Scorpions at 10am that's kind of the whole point of MTO, no?

Do you think I trust the system? haha

Honestly I was just kinda hyped. Like you don't have to stay up to watch reveals, but people do.

Ended up getting Loth and a box of MKIV. Mini marine force is a go!

I think Loth is a fair price, IF you want the honour guard too, but not if you just want the cool Librarian model.

If he was available stand alone for less I probably would have been tempted, but I can only really use the axes of all the other resin bits.

1 hour ago, Cleon said:

I think Loth is a fair price, IF you want the honour guard too, but not if you just want the cool Librarian model.

If he was available stand alone for less I probably would have been tempted, but I can only really use the axes of all the other resin bits.

I was hoping he would be available separately at first too but from what I can gather they come with the old command squad sprue, which is a pretty good source of bits; so that changes things a bit for me. I should be able to find a use for everything besides the old command squad legs. I hope that's the case anyway :ph34r: They don't specifically confirm what they come with on the website. 

10 minutes ago, Castellan Wulfrik said:

I was hoping he would be available separately at first too but from what I can gather they come with the old command squad sprue, which is a pretty good source of bits; so that changes things a bit for me. I should be able to find a use for everything besides the old command squad legs. I hope that's the case anyway :ph34r: They don't specifically confirm what they come with on the website. 

You just made me much more interested in maybe getting them.

On 1/7/2024 at 9:51 PM, Castellan Wulfrik said:

The resin banner doesn't have a banner pole, so I'm not sure what other sprues you could expect. 
And all the necessary bits, like legs and back packs are on the other command squad sprue, so I figure it'll just be like it's been released before.

image.thumb.png.6e90daec18e0efa01808ede75755f7e0.png

Either way I'll let you know.

Edit:

I count 95 components on these sprues 

image.thumb.png.7f8152623b06abdf2a2ae4ff97ab6462.png

Edited by JayJapanB

On 1/10/2024 at 6:55 PM, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

I ordered two Land Speeder Tempests. One arrived today. It is a nice kit. 

I was eyeing the tempest as well it's such a classic, but I'd want several so £50 is just too much. Honestly I wish they'd just release it as a plastic kit. It's an enclosed cockpit so there's really no reason why they can't re-release it alongside 'primaris' vehicles. Schrodinger's marine, you can't look at the pilot so everyone can enjoy it. It's odd you immediately received one yet ordered two though, maybe they discovered a few kits lying around so threw it onto the made to order?

3 hours ago, Castellan Wulfrik said:

I was eyeing the tempest as well it's such a classic, but I'd want several so £50 is just too much. Honestly I wish they'd just release it as a plastic kit. It's an enclosed cockpit so there's really no reason why they can't re-release it alongside 'primaris' vehicles. Schrodinger's marine, you can't look at the pilot so everyone can enjoy it. It's odd you immediately received one yet ordered two though, maybe they discovered a few kits lying around so threw it onto the made to order?

I've just come to accept that when I pick one up it'll have to be through alternative markets!

For whatever it is worth, I received today the "On the way" e-mail for the Regents of the Ordon Rift,  I ordered them Saturday afternoon. I also ordered a Lugft Huron which is not listed on the e-mail, but MtO does ship separately and I would not be surprised that Huron is more popular and the pre-existing stock flew Saturday morning.