=] 12 Months of Hobby 2024 [=

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 7:23 PM, Bouargh said:

Still progressing, this time with the D-Cannon and its crew in winter fatigues. If Aeldarii wear fatigues....

P1100699.JPG.1368feef77a287bb061f8d8ea1ef01a8.JPGP1100698.JPG.1516cc423c8a4f43da1a9ad6e327b12d.JPG

Only issue is the decal which loooks dumb, being too big for the size of the panel. I will have to rework this.

I think the decal looks fine. You can’t see it crosses the above panel slightly unless you zoom right in to the photo. Had to zoom in because I couldn’t understand the issue at first. Pretty sure nobody would notice on the tabletop.

But then most of the time it’s only us that notice these things, so if it bothers you … :)

Edited by TheArtilleryman

And finally the 2 Warlocks and the Autarch on jetbike.

image.jpeg.ae84202e8f022dc9bdd27372f41cd871.jpeg

image.jpeg.179fbe1472d092d242164d3ba1fe44be.jpeg

The kit bash of the latter turned short. Head from DE surfer, banners from DE kabalites and torso from Guardian. I glued the torso without enought  precaution and the right arm did not fit in its place and I had to force a little bit. Resulting that the rider is not on her 2 feets on the paddles.

This distracted me and I reminded latter that I wanted to add a metal loin cloth from ooP Avengers. I still have it there, reserved for something elde maybe?

More pics in the galleries. and maybe this WE in the BLog.

Axe is ooP metal Banshee exarch, the first one released in the 90´s. Chopped without remorse.

I will probably use her head (or her full body, clipping away the laspistol) to convert another Autarch on feet. I found the Banshee mask on Autarch is a good upgrade for strom guardians retinues.

With these, my pledge for May is complete. Let´s go back to the plodding along. I have this Necromunda market waiting to be painted for 2 months+. And in April, instead of doing it, I went on the Styrix project... Let´s stop procrastinating.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jolemai said:

May

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 1x Deathstorm Drop Pod by month's end.

Hide contents

large.original_8196922c-4bae-453d-a422-5

To do:

• Everything.

This stuff is a pain to build. Like all drop pods in fact... Courage!

Edited by Bouargh

Posted (edited)

Made some progress with the Tau Test but hit a bit of a block so gonna add/start a 2nd vow. Another test model, but back to Horus Heresy as part of a wider Imperium Secundus tint to my armies.

x1 HH Dark Angel (with hints of the later Disciples of Caliban)

Spoiler

NMS7fzU.jpg

Edited by Kennyjapan
grammer

Best make a vow as I have just realised I haven't this month. 

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 1 Thanatar and 1 Magos by month's end.

I have done more on these since the pic was taken. 

PXL_20240422_201236215.jpg

PXL_20240422_201704376.jpg

Well I finished these guys nearly two weeks ago but never got a finished pic up:

large.GuardsmanSquad2After.jpg.a1e223a7af061b5fe84ea4d759c3e85a.thumb.jpg.ce6ea05025ad74296b733fc6ddd98c97.jpg

Quite happy with these guys/girls.  My favourite would have to be the wounded guy as I managed to even get a good blood effect going on his armour.  At this point I wont be making another vow as I get hard into prepping for the Call to Arms.  The lack of prep work is one of the big things that scuppered me last year so hoping to get the jump on it this time around.  Going to mean I have had three very minimum months but I hope to make up for it a bit in the next three.

Oh and there is the Iron Gauntlet forces to do, but they will mostly just be in the Call.  Anyway, off to drown in grey plastic...

I was on the edge, if I wanted to commit to this, but decided to pull the trigger. 

I, Rhavien, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and for the month of May pledge to complete 10 jump pack assault interessors by month's end. 

First, I wanted to skip this month, but those fellas gave me hell of a good time within the last game, so I feel dedicated to do them a favor and bestow the blessing of paint about them. 

IMG_20231106_162119_edit_1004921688190405.thumb.jpg.bb09ebcbd34c74ff1d7bb6047c001100.jpg

Posted (edited)

After 2 weeks without touching a brush, I am resuming my painting. Just started the first base coat colours of the necromunda market of my Plodding along. It is time to finish this stuff that is on the desk for 5 months now.

In between I´ve been keeping on preparing myself for the CtA 2024, building and kit bashing some Astra Militarum boys from GSC neophytes and IG HW. I have asemblied so far 2 command squads, 9 HW teams, one Goliath (Proxy Taurox) and one Officer (or model prtending to be an Officer).

Yet, these might eventually be my June Pledge for 12 Months of Hobby. Indeed I will probably not have enough time left from CtA launch date to contribute in June (as second half of the month is fully booked (inc. social events I´d rather skip; But hey, you do what you have to, and not always what you´d like to)) and I do not want to accumulate too much stuff for July-August.

Unless I enlist some ooP Epic stuff instead... And take the risk to concentrate a lot of minis in 2 out of the 3 months of the challenge...

I will have to give it a though or two. But any way, for me, CtA 2024 is likely to start only later in July... 

Edited by Bouargh

I, LokkoRex , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete One(1) Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Legionnaire by month's end.

large.20240527_212204.jpg.021a95f4b55ce0eaff410241667a6a5e.jpg

Heavily inspired by ye olde artywork from The Index Astartes Iron Warriors.

Just noticed the gap between the ammo clip and the rest of the boltgun, so have to plug that before I can undercoat.

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 4:20 PM, Trokair said:

The end of the month is once more looming and painting has not been done, again. Last month i had to models as a potential and I finished one, so with a week remaining i am going to try the other one this month.

Starting picture...

image.png.0a607efea333ff089ab05f7810481541.png

And done.

It is hard to see without picking her up, and my old camera does not help either, but the inside of the coat, the seam and the inside of the hood are a nice strong dark red as can be seen on the boots and tassels, a good contrast to the lightish blue. Ignore the face, I am bad at those and this is no exception. Hopefully going back to helmet models soon, less to go wrong.

large.AnastasiaSolaFin.png.5709f7f3f5fc1

Edited by Trokair

Working on my May vow, might go into Overtime. Spent too much time not painting and/or painting a couple of D&D models for a FLGS competition, so have to go faster than I should be at this point...

Skip to a month...

June

gallery_48988_15094_4650.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

gallery_48988_15094_613.pnggallery_48988_15094_4633.pnggallery_48988_15094_292.pnggallery_48988_15094_2623.pngovertime.pnggallery_48988_15094_6980.pnggallery_48988_15094_2064.pnggallery_48988_15094_4552.png

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model or project to work on through out the year,

small.ploddingalong.png.0590df4bf162bbc6

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

gallery_48988_15094_1643.png

There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

• andes:  
  • Boc:  
  • Bouargh: 
  • Brother Argent:   
  • Brother Captain Arkley:  
  • Brother Carpenter:  
  • Brother Christopher: 
  • Cleon:   
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch:  
  • Dwango:   
  • gaurdian31:  
  • Grotsmasha:  
  • Halandaar:    
  • Jolemai:  
  • Kennyjapan:  
  • Llagos_Tyrant:  
  • LokkoRex: 
  • Lord_Ikka:  
  • madao:  
  • Mr. Oddity:  
  • Paladin777:  
  • Rhavien:  
  • _Saracen:  
  • ShortCircuit:
  • Skidman:  
  • SnorriSnorrison:  
  • terminator ultra:  
  • TheArtilleryman: 
  • Trokair:  
  • Tyriks:  
  • WrathOfTheLion:  

Plogging Along Pledges for 2024

• Andes - Kroot Hunting Pack Army Box (vow) 1 Kroot Carnivore (completion(APR) 19 Kroot Carnivores
  • Bouargh (vow)- 1x Fronteris Killzone (9) (completion(FEB),1xMoroch set (completion), 1x Necromunda Market, 1x Bheta Decima set (completion) and 1x Ork Workshop (completion)
  • Brother Argent (vow) - 1x Warpsmith (completion), 1x Redemptor Dread (completion(JAN), 1x Neurotyrant and 2 Neurolids, 6x Neurogaunts  (complete), 5x Neurogaunts (complete) (FEB), 1x Screamer Killer, 1x Psycophage, 1x Neurotyrant and 2 Neurolids, 10x Termagaunts (vow), 1x Maulerfiend, 1x Deffdread, 10x Ork Boyz, 1x Slaver, 2x Deffkopta's, 1x Repulsor, 1x Repulsor Executioner (vow), 1x Triach Stalker, 3x Battle Sisters, 1x Sister Repentia, 1x Flagellant, 4x Thermic Plasma Conduits
  • Cleon: Legions Imperial (vow) - 3x Predators, 1x Rhino (completion), 4 Infantry Bases (completion) (JAN), 2x Sicarans (completion) (FEB), 4x Leman Russ (completion), 3x LI Astartes Infantry Bases (completion) (APR), 4x Kratos, 4x Baneblades
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch (vow) - Imotekh the Stormlord (completion(JAN), Szarekh the Sanguine + Attendants (The Silent King), 2x Phaerons, 1x monolith, 1x Ghost Ark conversion, and 1x infantry unit (vow)
  • Dwango (vow- 2 Fuel Tanks (completion(JAN), 4 Generators, 3 Furnaces (completion(FEB) Zone Mortalis board & terrain
  • Grotsmasha (vow) - Grimdark Chibis (10): Blood Angel (completion(JAN), Eversor Assassin (completion(FEB), Commissar (completion) (MAR)Grey Knight (completion) (APR), Sororitas Superior (completion(MAY), Militaurm Scion, Militarum AdMech Skitarii, Crimson Fist Captain, Ultramarine, Inquisitor,  PLUS any 2+ of the following; Ghazghull Thraka (completion) (JAN) and Makari (completion) (FEB), Supreme Grand Master Azrael, The Lion, Bayards Revenge, Ephrael Stern and Kyganil, Sister Amalia Novena, Kal Jericho and Scabbs, Imotekh the Stormlord, Marneus Calgar and Victrix Guard, Operative Umbral-Six, Uriel Ventris, WH+ Cadia Unbroken, Belial, Leviathan Captain & Librarian, 15x Deathwing Terminators (vow, partial completion)
  • Halandaar (vow) - 10x Aeldari Striking Scorpions, 10x Aeldari Dire Avengers, Aeldari Asurmen, Aeldari Hornet, Aeldari Prince Yriel, 10x Aeldari Corsair Voidreavers, 10x Aeldari Corsair Voidscarred
  • Jolemai (vow) - 1x Ironclad Dreadnought (completion), 1x Venerable Dreadnought (completion) (APR), 2x Leviathan Dreadnought, 1x BA Dreadnought, 1x Contemptor Dreadnought,
  • LameBeard (vow)1000 points of Titancius Legio Defensor, 1000 points of 30k Alpha Legion, 1000 points of 30k Blood Angels, 1000 points of Legions Imperialis
  • LokkoRex (vow)4 Scorpius Missile Tanks, 4 Predator Tanks and 4 Sicaran Tanks
  • TheArtilleryman (vow) - 1x cadre fireblade, 5x pathfinders, 5x drones, 2x crisis battlesuits, 1x Stormsurge with both big gun options
  • Trokair (vow)build, convert and paint round about a 1,000p for 7th Rhûnish Dragoon

Participants on the Randomizer List

• Grotsmasha - Blood Angels Terminator (JAN), Chaos Daemons Pink Horror (FEB), HH Vlka Fenrika Legionaire (MAR), AdMech Tech-Priest Dominus (APR), White Scars (MAY), Traitor Guard (JUN), HH Salamanders (JUL), HH Night Lords (AUG), Khorne Bezerker (SEP), Grey Knights (OCT), Deathwatch Marine (NOV), Drukhari / Harlequin (DEC)

Hey all,

I know I pledged to really do this this year unfortunately for me I had to make some very difficult life choices (going to rehab for alcoholism) and all of the ensuing trials tests and tribulations the has entailed for me since my last post. Unfortunately my rehab facility does not allow me to work on any of my models so I have to wait until I’m discharged to be able to start up on that again. But I keep coming back here every chance I get and am so inspired by just how awesome our community is. Keep up the awesome work guys it just makes me want to keep getting better as well. 
much love to you all