=] 12 Months of Hobby 2024 [=

2 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Only thing missing on these is grass tufts for the bases but I can't find them, so it's plain grey bases for now and ordering my Hunting Pack box! I did actually go for a couple of variant skin tones here but they aren't really showing up as particularly different from each other, will need to try and improve that on the carnivores.

PXL_20240316_195716414.jpg

Cross posting this from the Tau subforum, completed vow for March!

Going to make a second vow for this month, my Orlocks got some creds and I need a road sergeant and wrecker. So in that case...

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to paint for the month of March the following: 6 Orlock gangers.

0LVQhh4.jpeg

Reporting progress for my Plodding Along vow: Moroch set is now complete. I spend the past 2 weeks working on the Landing pad:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.d3bcf23b3f2c3562ab1a06dcf2084a6d.jpeg

Which turned out being a piece of terrain quite "flat" to paint. Not the most entertaining stuff I worked on. At all. But, hey, it´s done!

The whole "familly portrait" of this terrain set can be seen in my blog:

Plodding along is therefore almost complete, leaving only the Necromunda´s market left. Oh, and a wrench from the Mekboy Workshop I forgot in my bitz box...

I will have a painting break for Easter, trying to get a game or two instead...

See you for April´s vows

Edited by Bouargh

With this last and ultimate bit painted, a bit left forgotten in the bottom of a box, my previously completed Mekboy Workshop for my Plodding Along Vow is now REALLY complete.

image.jpeg.85bbc09c5828d4fb0c745b6d9aa2dd55.jpeg

Rest of stuff is still there as previously shown:

Easter painting break will start tomorrow. So I spent time today on the Secutarri Hoplite. With only shields and spears left to be painted, I will not enlist them in April´s vow. Too few stuff remaining to be done on these chaps. But I have some Aeldari and still a lot of ooP EPIC stuff. Plus 3 ooP Rhinos chassis still in my pile of stuff to be repainted. There is no lack of options.

Sorry I have been absent.  Lets just say I have been dealing with... life...

But I got one of my guardsmen squads done. Or at least as done as they are going to be for now.

large.GuardsmanSquad1After.jpg.084d497a582b921f4fbe2859a3568c61.jpg.8980863849ae51ebb3dad8fb3f614a0d.jpg

Now, to assemble, base and paint another 18 infantry and three small vehicles in six days... with family coming over. And Fire Brigade commitments....  Yep... doubt that is going to happen.  I am looking down the barrel of a stubborn....  Good news is a heap of my Imperium stuff has arrived so I can get back into that once this is over.

I, LokkoRex , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete One Leviathan Dreadnought by month's end.

large.20240325_152807.jpg.9c63944f0ddf915482a4a9c081239e1c.jpg

Going to finish this fella and at the same time see about earning the Stubborn Badge.

So Nurgle unwanted gift has eaten away at my hobby time this month.

While building the Rangers I remembered i had this guy from the made to order a few years ago, so now there are six.

Spoiler

image.png.db11037f3f2b1ea9be1e9d25972a4801.png

Finally managed to get them undercoated (well a little), so perhaps there is still a chance, will see how the weekend goes.  

image.png.7816f2a329f7cf80f06737d6cff9edab.png

Modeling for my test upscaled Templar is done! Priming will happen later today so I can paint him up tomorrow after work. Hard to tell how smooth the transition on the leg spacers is, but for overall height I'm happy with him. Multi-part Marines will have a waist spacer too, but it was too much for this old monopose fella.

IMG_4518.jpeg

2nd March vow finished- 6 Orlock gangers. 

aR6frCn.jpeg

Xl6qFGa.jpeg

So the total this month is - Imperial Navy breacher LT, Imperial Fist recruitment sarge, Inquisitor/Escher queen, 5 Cawdor juvies, and 6 Orlock gangers.

Next month is actually looking pretty busy- my gaming buddy needs a bunch of IG stuff painting before a tournament at the end of the month and I offered to help out. So I think I'll be painting 3 squads of Bullgryn...

On 1/31/2024 at 11:11 AM, Jolemai said:

Quick note with regards to the Last Minute and Overtime badges:

Last Minute: 31/01/24 1400 UTC - 01/02/24 1400 UTC

Overtime: 01/02/24 1400 UTC - 03/02/24 1400 UTC

• PST 0600
  • EST 0900
  • GMT 1400
  • CET 1500
  • EET 1600
  • MSK 1700
  • JST/KST 2300
  • AEST 0000 (Grotsmasha's timezone)
  • AEDT 0100 (next day)

Reminder that as Grotsmasha's timezone doesn't change, the UTC time remains the same. Everyone in a country that uses Daylight Saving Time will though. 

(Will add the summer times when I'm next on a desktop)

Posted (edited)

MARCH  SUMMARY

Participants: 27

Models Pledged: 326

Models Completed: 207

sml_gallery_48988_15094_2322.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_1612.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_6343.pngsmall.overtime.png.734bb4ece3e910cd4b8f8sml_gallery_48988_15094_6481.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_1868.png

@andes (Artificer)

@Boc (Artificer, Seriously)

@Bouargh (Artificer, Seriously)

@Brother Argent (Artificer, Seriously)

@Brother Christopher (Artificer)

@Cleon (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

@Dwango (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

@gaurdian31 (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

@Grotsmasha (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

@Halandaar (Artificer, Seriously)

@Jolemai (Artificer, Seriously, Overtime)

@Kennyjapan (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

@lokkorex (Artificer, Seriously, Overtime)

@Lord_Ikka (Artificer, Seriously)

@Mr. Oddity (Artificer, Last Minute)

@Rhavien (Artificer, Seriously, Overtime)

@_Saracen (Artificer, Overtime)

@ShortCircuit(Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

@terminator ultra

@TheArtilleryman (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

@Trokair (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

@Tyriks (Artificer, Seriously, Last Minute)

sml_gallery_48988_15094_1273.png

@Brother Captain Arkley

@Brother Carpenter

@Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

@Llagos_Tyrant

@Paladin777 

sml_gallery_48988_15094_5238.png

This month, my pick for March's Favourite goes to @TheArtilleryman's excellent Stormsurge.

IMG_3646.jpeg

Edited by Grotsmasha