=] 12 Months of Hobby 2024 [=

I, LokkoRex , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the months of January to June pledge to complete 4 Scorpius Missile Tanks, 4 Predator Tanks and 4 Sicaran Tanks by the end of June.

large.20240120_100843.jpg.83975a306f7c98ee82d3479f85541411.jpg

So this is my plodding along vow for the first half of the year, I'm going to combine resin parts from the tanks I bought before HH 2.0 got released with the "new" plastic kits I've splurged on for the last year.

I, Snorri , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost by month's end.

I thought I finished this guy last time I painted him, but actually he’s missing a couple of details. Mostly the base and the jet pack thrusters.

not a lot of hobby time this month but I’ll probably be able to get this one done. :laugh:

IMG_0908.jpeg.88b0d63e819493b35ba919e702dceb05.jpegIMG_0906.jpeg.2be6e2bb7a0d85280391b4574316ba07.jpegIMG_0907.jpeg.402fdb99940324d9de1ea17dd8305543.jpeg

Just now, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch said:
On 1/19/2024 at 2:26 AM, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch said:

I’m quite happy with the end result! Gave the cloak an all-over wash of Biel-Tan Green and it flattened the stray brushstrokes enough to blend it well with the green-tinted black scales. He won’t win me any Golden Daemons, but hopefully he’ll win me a game or two. 

The pictured brush is an AP Super Detail Brush. It was STILL too big to properly do some of the highlights at my current skill level. ‘Eavy Metal Blister art is something else, I tell ya what. 

IMG_6062.jpeg

IMG_6063.jpeg

IMG_6064.jpeg

IMG_6065.jpeg

IMG_6066.jpeg

Expand  

Mobileblogging is being stupid and my laptop is busted, so this is a bit janky, but Imotekh is done from my Plodding along! As im waiting on some paint and for slightly better weather to do some additional priming on Szarekh’s dias (underside needs some work) I’m going to vow my final unpainted outrider to work on for January. After this, my outriders will be done, and I’ll be one step closer to fully painting Indomitus. 

image.jpg

Plodding Along

I, Bouargh , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for S1 of year of 2024 pledge to complete 1xNachmund set, 1x Necromunda Market, 1x ooP Fronteris Killzone, 1x Bheta Decima set and 1x Ork Workshop by Semester´s end.

Spoiler

Let´s see if I am not succumbing to Terrain´s glutony...

Well that was painful to force myself to do.  Once I actually did it not so bad but eh. Just had to keep reminding myself its just terrain and doesn't have to be as detailed as my models. But anyway, it's done now:

January vow complete:

large.ManufactorumAfter.jpg.9c19666f7cbe1222537c3cc26fa199c6.jpg.e1feb6dc21838834503a26c8332de656.jpg

Now, with only a few days left and a lot I wanted to get done left to do time to figure out what to do next.  

So I have decided to do a bit of a full reset on what I am doing with Imperium.  Rather then trying to play catch up on some large and somewhat less inspiring models (Triarch Stalker, Pipes) and some smaller more intimidating models (The last Sisters sprue) I am thinking I will continue my latest long waited for delivery to be the starting point to keep back up with one issue a week on and try to squeeze the other issues back in along with the rest of the things I want to get painted.  So on that note @Grotsmasha could I please add to my Plodding Along vow:

1x Triach Stalker

3x Battle Sisters

1x Sister Repentia

1x Flagellant

4x Thermic Plasma Conduits with accompanying plasma cells

So sadly I moved forward with my Plodding Along and then added more to it, but eh.  I need a clear start.  

So on that note, I Brother Argent vow to complete : 1x Tomb Blade by the end of January.

(Pic incoming when I get it assembled)

23 hours ago, Doghouse said:

Those are fantastic mate! Well done. :thumbsup:

Thank you :D.

I, Brother Captain Arkley , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 5 4th Company Ultramarine Intercessors by month's end.

6 days this should be fun :)

20240125_123546.jpg

I am declaring these done. The basing is a bit meh, as I had stuck the 25mm slots onto 40mm to give the unit a modern footprint and then I tried to replicate what I did for the two Ghost Warriors last year, but the slope and extra space made it a bit awkward.  

large.WraithguardFin.png.a45136b014409b7

and some form the sides and back.

Spoiler

large.WraithguardFin2.png.e2e85df56a3b8a

Got my first proof of concept LI infantry bases done, the pictures do them no favours, but I think they are 'OK' for line troops in that sort of game. I'll keep plugging away and probably figure out a few tricks and touches but as a 'standard' it'll do for any infantry short of the terminators and command bases.

JanLIIF.thumb.jpg.89876a58372b4b0f6317d9668ffdf047.jpg

I haven't done a great job of sticking to these over the past couple of years but I'm going to have another go anyway!

January pledge - finish off this unit of 5 Terminators & Teleport Homer that I started quite recently.

PXL_20240128_202025058.jpg

Then for plodding along, I'd like to finish my entire Eldar backlog which is actually not insurmountable - 

• Aeldari Striking Scorpions x10
  • Aeldari Dire Avengers x10
  • Aeldari Asurmen x1
  • Aeldari Hornet x1
  • Aeldari Prince Yriel x1
  • Aeldari Corsair Voidreavers x10
  • Aeldari Corsair Voidscarred x10

Edit - Update to include pic of Eldar

12MOH_PA1.jpg

Edited by Halandaar

On 1/29/2024 at 2:27 PM, Halandaar said:

I haven't done a great job of sticking to these over the past couple of years but I'm going to have another go anyway!

January pledge - finish off this unit of 5 Terminators & Teleport Homer that I started quite recently.

PXL_20240128_202025058.jpg

Done!

PXL_20240129_215722689.jpg

Well this month didn't go to plan.  Same old issues combined with a few new ones.   Still I got some progress on my Plodding Along done (although I added some too) and I got a little of my overdue Imperium stuff done.

But the month fizzed out along with my general enthusiasm.  Work commitments etc meant I didn't get past assembling the Tomb Blade so with that in mind I am going to fold on it this month and move to next.

So, although its a few hours early;

I, Brother Argent, vow for the month of February to paint 1x Tomb Blade.  There will be more but I just want to at least get that far.

large.TombBlade2Before.jpg.e436b74910318f4f3ca604ed8c990510.jpg.0a76586d962404f179f7f26becc6b231.jpg

Strange things are happening in the Argent Forge and I need to figure a few things out...

Edited by Brother Argent