Las Vegas Open Preview Stream - January 18th/19th

I'd posit that Tau are the Tzaangors for Kroot. Make Pech Great Again!

Remaining kits in order of likelihood: the Kroot Shaper on lizard thing, Kroot Hounds, Greater Knarloc (Please god let this happen), Knarloc Riders (the Shaper riding a lizard thing rather than a traditional knarloc has me worried they didn't redesign them yet).

Tinfoil hat: Winged Kroot and Shaper. Psychic Kroot. Kroot Squats, no ankle shall ever be safe again. 

8 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

All in all, I wonder how many rumor engines in total were knocked out with these reveals?

10 by my count, the Mandrakes have the oldest Rumour Engine solved from the preview. There's a really handy site someone made recently: https://rumour-engines.netlify.app/

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

17 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Really surprised we didn't see the Ork or Custodes but getting a look at the launch box for Kroot was great, best part of the reveals for me.

It likely means the kroot limited Ed box is launching before those. Potentially going on order next week/,first week of feb

47 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Really surprised we didn't see the Ork or Custodes but getting a look at the launch box for Kroot was great, best part of the reveals for me.

Same, so it doesn’t look like the roadmap is in order (other than the season). When is the next reveal show on the GW calendar? 

1 hour ago, Triszin said:

It likely means the kroot limited Ed box is launching before those. Potentially going on order next week/,first week of feb

Fingers crossed, sooner the better!

1 hour ago, Kharn13 said:

Same, so it doesn’t look like the roadmap is in order (other than the season). When is the next reveal show on the GW calendar? 

It may still be in order - Dark Angels next, the Kroot army box drops with a limited edition codex, then the Orks and Custodes books drop with their very light model and box support, and then the proper T'au codex is released alongside the rest of the new Kroot units.

EDIT: Drrrp, Triszin already essentially pointed out the same thing in a response to a previous post. Any mods with an itchy delete finger are welcome to give this one the Emperor's Peace.

Edited by Lord Nord in Gravis Armour

8 hours ago, MoriyaSchism said:

Plastic Malcador is great news. Seemingly looks about the same as the resin one.  The pintle mounted Heavy Stubber looks almost exactly like the man portable version used by the Krieg Grenadiers. The Heavy Sentinel looks bad in this scale too.

Hopefully the defender goes plastic soon too

11 minutes ago, Lord Nord in Gravis Armour said:

It may still be in order - Dark Angels next, the Kroot army box drops with a limited edition codex, then the Orks and Custodes books drop with their very light model and box support, and then the proper T'au codex is released alongside the rest of the new Kroot units.

EDIT: Drrrp, Triszin already essentially pointed out the same thing in a response to a previous post. Any mods with an itchy delete finger are welcome to give this one the Emperor's Peace.

Very true, I was just hoping that the former was the case because I want CSM early!

Those were some good reveals. Nothing there I'll be picking up personally but beautiful models and good to see HH getting a big wave of plastic instead of drip fed resin characters. 

I know this isn't an AoS site but the AoS stuff looked amazing and I can't wait to get the DoK Crone lady. 

2 hours ago, Triszin said:

Strongly doubt it's that soon, it's very rare for GW to reveal something and then almost immediately release it (it does happen, but not often and tends to be for the "side" games like Underworlds). Deathwing Assault is a relatively short turnaround between announcement and pre-order and even that will have been nearly 4 weeks.

There's also the fact that AoS is still waiting for the Flesh-Eater Courts and Dawnbringers IV release, which has got to be one of the next ones through the door to satisfy it's billing as a "winter" release. My money would be on that for next week.

1 hour ago, Kharn13 said:

5 minutes ago, Lord Nord in Gravis Armour said:

Yeah; I think the pattern on the roadmap probably indicates when the standalone Codexes come out, not when they might first be available in an army set, which usually come out 6-8 weeks before the main release. Note that the roadmap shows Codex Dark Angels in "Spring", which is March-May in the UK, but we know Deathwing Assault is out in "winter" (on Feb 3). 

So the Kroot box could feasibly come out in late Feb/early March, followed by Custodes in late March and then the main Tau release in May. So the Kroot box can be before Custodes, but the roadmap is still "correct" in that the main release Tau is after Custodes.

10 hours ago, firestorm40k said:

If anyone is buying the new Kill Team set for either the Night Lords or Mandrakes (or both), and doesn't want this bit of terrain, let me know :whistling::biggrin::laugh:

G2BBOaq4KFtHjhdN.jpg

As cool as the new Kill Teams are, I've already got plenty of Chaos Marines, and Drukhari aren't my thing. I'm happy for everyone who does collect those, that they are getting a Finecast unit finally upgraded to plastic! :thumbsup:

Completely agree - I have no interest in either kill team, but I'll be trying to get my hands on that thingumy wotsit.