Las Vegas Open Preview Stream - January 18th/19th

1 minute ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Ghostkeel and Stormsurge were 7th, yes.

Resculpt Darkstrider and Resculpt Shadowsun were 8th

Resculpt Farsight was 9th (replacing the 6th Ed Farsight model)

Thanks, I was sure Ghostkeel and Stormsure were from the 6th!

Edited by Handsome Fred

Other Leman Russ kit with a Donk gun:

image.png.0202bbcc2989f9a127f2b20133405c3a.png

1 minute ago, Handsome Fred said:

I'm expecting the astra leman russ going to legends sometimes soon.

Like firstborn to split HH stuff from 40k stuff

The 40k Leman Russ kit is likely sticking around for a while...

Plastic Malcador is great news. Seemingly looks about the same as the resin one.  The pintle mounted Heavy Stubber looks almost exactly like the man portable version used by the Krieg Grenadiers. The Heavy Sentinel looks bad in this scale too.

Nice to see SA finally shown off. Looks like there will be more too based on the Baneblade from a while back and the scout sentinel thingy shown in the post Christmas preview.

So many more HH Tanks for GW to release!

Edited by Waaagh?

Excited to see all the Auxilia - they did mention the storm section with axes, though they didn't show them off IIRC. Future upgrade, perhaps? The 40k Russ is probably here to stay for a while, though - different designs notwithstanding, it doesn't look like the Auxilia one comes with sponsons.

1 minute ago, tinpact said:

Excited to see all the Auxilia - they did mention the storm section with axes, though they didn't show them off IIRC. Future upgrade, perhaps? The 40k Russ is probably here to stay for a while, though - different designs notwithstanding, it doesn't look like the Auxilia one comes with sponsons.

We know there has to be more for Solar Auxilia, as their 30k teaser video from around new years had a light sentinel. So I expect a second wave later in the year.

16 minutes ago, Handsome Fred said:

Thanks, I was sure Ghostkeel and Stormsure were from the 6th!

Fun factoid for you.

T'au haven't got a fully new unit in their codex since Thousand Sons split off from CSM.

That was in 2014.

It's literally been a full Decade since T'au got any new T'AU in their roster.

Oh my.

Kroot look great!

Solar Auxilia stuff looks cool too, glad to see the initial stuff revealed was more than just some Lasrifle Tercios. I know the meat of the Heresy is Marine vs Marine but great to have some more variety, hopefully other factions see some solid support too.

4 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Fun factoid for you.

T'au haven't got a fully new unit in their codex since Thousand Sons split off from CSM.

That was in 2014.

Good IMO, half the original appeal was meant to be having a variety of weird aliens. Only so many times you can make a new size of battlesuit and be interesting.

31 minutes ago, StrangerOrders said:

Solar Auxilia look amazing.

...this is gonna be so expensive. ;_;

People will be fighting over that battle group box. Unless it's a permanent stock item like the Age of Darkness Box.

One can dream.

11 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Fun factoid for you.

That was in 2014.

If by 2014 you mean the end of 2015 then yes......because that's when they had their last big release of units. Few characters and Killteam bits only since then.

So not quite literally a decade. More like just over 8 years.

Edited by Waaagh?

2 minutes ago, Waaagh? said:

If by 2014 you mean the end of 2015 then yes......because that's when they had their last big release of units. Few characters and Killteam bits only since then.

So not quite literally a decade. More like just over 8 years.

I wasn't playing during 7th, so I don't have certain dates.

Regardless.

Everything released since that point has been either a Resculpt of an existing Character or a Kill Team kit.

Hopefully this big wave isn't exclusively Kroot and T'au do get an actual T'au this edition besides the Store Anniversary Ethereal.

As mentioned earlier, rules for all of these vehicles in Warhammer: The Horus Heresy are already available in the Liber Imperium: Forces of the Emperor Army Book. However, that is where they will stay – the Horus Heresy design team intends to fully explore the Horus Heresy setting, and to do that while keeping a tight and healthy Warhammer 40,000 game system, there are no plans to write rules for using these miniatures in the 41st Millennium. Of course, there’s nothing stopping you from using compatible models in a regular Astra Militarum regiment – but they’ll do their best work in the Age of Darkness.

This concerns me greatly. I mean, they did write legends rules for Astartes stuff, so I hope we get legends rules for auxilia stuff. My two Malcadors pre-date Horus Heresy as a game system, and I am not losing them without a fight.

1 minute ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

This concerns me greatly. I mean, they did write legends rules for Astartes stuff, so I hope we get legends rules for auxilia stuff. My two Malcadors pre-date Horus Heresy as a game system, and I am not losing them without a fight.

I'd imagine anything that already has rules will be fine and if it doesn't then it won't.

On 1/18/2024 at 7:22 AM, Doctor Perils said:

I agree with much of the beginning of your post, but thinking it's too early for the kroot stuff despite theorising for stuff that won't be coming for another 6 months is a bit weird?

Considering the skirmish games and Solar Auxilia are probably going to be the stars of the show, I don't think we'll see more kits than the Custodes and Ork characters, and perhaps associated boxsets?

Well this post aged like fine wine /s

Happy to see the new kroot, but also happy it hasn't sparked a longing for them (the kill team is enough for me). Astonished they didn't show the lizard rider.

Also a bit disappointed they didn't show the ork, I was actually looking forward to it.

I’m so glad I was wrong about Kroot not being shown. 

The Solar Auxilia and Kroot boxes are both very tempting so if they could come in different pay months that’d be great, but if I have to pick I’m going for my mutable avian bois. 

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Fun factoid for you.

That was in 2014.

Fun fact, thats a bit of an exageration

I had made this not too long ago

brandnewthings.thumb.jpg.1de46f79c27960a8c24f6b1876ece183.jpg

This was for a response regarding AoS creativity ( probably when the new ork hero got revealed.)

In short that is all the "brand new" stuff for the old guard factions, from the time AoS got launched to now.. new duality to an updated kit also counting ( like firewarrior breachers, rotigus etc.) as well as super old revivals ( ork blue squigbeard and rough riders )

And on this particular subject... yes tau was low ( though admittedly, most arent in a great shape for brand new things in a nearly 10 year timescale.) 

But the selectiveness actually puts tau in a better place in the list :

Tau -kroot  = 4

Eldar -outcasts = 0

CSM -Nonmarines = 4

Orks -Beast snaggas = 6

Necron -Destroyers and weird things = 2

What Im trying to say is Not liking something doesnt stop it from existing, and GW in general is cautious in doing new stuff for the old factions for some reason.

edit and more ontopic :

Personally I think its a great release, not just because for me Kroot > Tau, but because its clear that when they can be creative the design team goes all out.

I really think its often very tiresome for them to redesign their 30 year old concepts... usually when you have a creative job, its not because you want to create old things ;)

But I do agree there is a need and room for more tau, in contrary to some armies, especially leader-characters... Earth caste engineer, Drone controller, more tactical solos like the GSC model with a battlefield map, water caste diplomat to guide all your auxileries. Then top it off with a couple of excentric auxilery solos, and a unit or two of different auxileries ( tallerians and something new and weird).  Upgrade sprue for cadian Gue'vesa shock troopers.. and one of those ally rules like imperium, aeldari and chaos have to add in a couple of votan. And then at last tau is what it was meant to be.

Even with all these kroot added, for being one of the old armies tau have a rather slim roster.

Edited by TheMawr

If anyone is buying the new Kill Team set for either the Night Lords or Mandrakes (or both), and doesn't want this bit of terrain, let me know :whistling::biggrin::laugh:

G2BBOaq4KFtHjhdN.jpg

As cool as the new Kill Teams are, I've already got plenty of Chaos Marines, and Drukhari aren't my thing. I'm happy for everyone who does collect those, that they are getting a Finecast unit finally upgraded to plastic! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I wasn't playing during 7th, so I don't have certain dates.

Regardless.

Everything released since that point has been either a Resculpt of an existing Character or a Kill Team kit.

Hopefully this big wave isn't exclusively Kroot and T'au do get an actual T'au this edition besides the Store Anniversary Ethereal.

I dont mean this as offensive as it sounds but, doesnt that technically mean that since 8 years ago everything tau had was new for you ?

Im saying this with a friendly smile, but, welcome to GW waiting times.. it can take decades before your number is up.. 8 years isnt much ;)

51 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

Well this post aged like fine wine /s

Happy to see the new kroot, but also happy it hasn't sparked a longing for them (the kill team is enough for me). Astonished they didn't show the lizard rider.

Also a bit disappointed they didn't show the ork, I was actually looking forward to it.

Yeah I was wrong on a lot of things there. Glad for it too, most of my speculation where not things Im interested in.

Its also 100% official now after all, that the HH team wants seperation from 40k or vice versa. I still dont think its a management or marketing thing though ( Im sorry but GW is way too chaotic a company for the things people theorise there... I find rivalry between studios easier to believe.)

Mandrakes where great and Kroot really stole the show, finally 40k has the showstealer for once, krootoxes especially have gone from a so-so concept to very charismatic sculpts.

Apparently I was also wrong on SA plastics.. its quite a bit.

Despite the paintscheme The Solar auxilia troops (?) and hq look really good, the elite unit doesnt quite work for me the way the originals did. but others seem to love it, and I probably wouldnt buy them anyway.

The tanks are tanks.